Adoption

Anyone have any experience with Lifetime Adoption Center?

just found the Lifetime Adoption Center online and they have massive listings of the Birthmothers they have waiting to pick an adoptive family. Website looks decent enough, but I've never heard of them.

Anyone ever here of this agency?

Cervical Cancer Survivor since 2007 TTC Since 2008 IUI#1 = BFN IUI#2 = BFN IUI#3 = BFN IUI#4 = BFN IVF #1 = BFN FET #1 = BFN FET #2 = BFN FET #3 = BFN IVF #2 = BFN IVF #3 = BFN FET #4 = BFN FET #5 = BFP!!! 06/10/2011 Miscarriage 06/21/2011 Adoption Application Submitted 09/2011, Personal Documents Submitted 11/18/2011, Home Visit 12/16/2011, Officially Waiting!!! 01/21/2013 MATCHED!!!! 01/24/2013 Baby Boy Born! Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Anyone have any experience with Lifetime Adoption Center?

• One regular poster on this board used them and is very complimentary of them.

On the flip side, I've heard negative things about them, including that their birthmom postings are merely representative of the types of situations they encounter but not actual situations.  This is just hearsay... it may be wrong but I've read that on a few boards. 

What I can say with assurance is that I feel their pricing structure limits a family's ability to open other options should they not have good luck with Lifetime.  We signed w/AdoptHelp and found ourselves in a difficult predicament.  After 18 months of no matches, we wanted to spread our wings and consult outside of AdoptHelp.  The downside is that Adopthelp, like Lifetime, asks for a sizable chunk of money upfront.  In hindsight, I can highly recommend agencies or law offices that require much less upfront.  JMO.

image Best friends and sisters... 24 months and 16 months
  • We adopted out DD through them. They are very open about the fact that those listings are just people that call in...not women they are actively working with. And they don't list them all. My dd birth mom was never even listed on it. 

But we had a great experience with them 4 yrs ago 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    br
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersbr>
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"