Military Families
Options

Anyone at F.E. Warren or familiar with Cheyenne, WY?

Hi! I lurked The Bump my entire pregnancy but this is my first time posting :)

DH recently got orders for Cheyenne and we are in the process of trying to buy a house. We are planning on buying something sight unseen and I could really use some insight as to neighborhoods/subdivisions.

Also, DH and I met while he was stationed in my hometown so I never had to really get involved because I already knew people. Curious about a spouses club or anything of that nature- we figure that they'll want to deploy the new guy first so I'm kind of freaking out about being a FTM alone with a newborn in a brand new city!

TIA!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Anyone at F.E. Warren or familiar with Cheyenne, WY?

• Options
    There is a website called www.militarywom.com It stands for Military Word of Mouth and people have reviews and information about area locations. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    If you hope over to the nest and go to the Military Nesties board, it gets a bit more traffic and I know we have some girls in the Cheyenne area.

CJ 05/29/2013

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I am currently stationed there with my husband!! We live on base but have done some house shopping so have a little bit of insight, and I am pretty familiar with the area! So Ask away if you have any questions, or need anyone to show ya around when you get here!!

Brittany

• Options

Yay! So glad to finally find someone who is there!

Buying sight unseen is SO stressful! We are considering sending DH up there next month to scope some stuff out but if at all possible we'd like to save the money and do it all from here! Are you familiar with the Harmony Hill subdivision? We keep leaning towards a house there and Google Earth can only tell us so much. Curious if there are a lot of military around, if it's on a "good side of town", kind of the basic stuff. Also, is it normal that basically no homes have central A/C? We're in West Texas and not having A/C is like a death sentence. I know it's cold there but do you really never need A/C?

On base- is there a spouses club for each squadron or anything like that? DH is on C130's so I think he'll actually be at the airport, or something along those lines. Curious if there are opportunities for me to get involved, meet people, etc.

Thanks so much, Brittany!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Usually there is a spouse club for each squadron and then the base has one. FE Warren its self is the only active duty Air Force base with no flight line, so my guess is he will actually work over at the guard base. That is a good neighborhood, and most sub divisions have military in them every where we looked there was some form of military! And no A/C is common, we bought a window unit and a swamp fan and that was plenty, It gets hot but not very many days in the summer is it terribly hot! But I have loved it here, its not to far from a "big" city and its a big military town, pretty much the population of the town. Lets see I dont know about getting involved with the squadron because my husbands squadron doesnt like to involve the spouses very much. But it is a great base!
  • Options

Hi, 

after lurking around i saw this and thought id respond.  My husband and i are stationed at FE Warren and actually live in the subdivision you are looking at.  At least i think its ours you are looking at. We  just bought a house there and absolutely love it!  Cheyenne is Cold/ Windy and kinda boring sometimes. I will be a stay at home mom starting in March with little on her way soon after.  Let me know which house you are looking at there are a few on our street that are for sale.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"