Health & Exercise

Body Pump

I have taken this class 2-3 times a week for the past 2 years and plan to continue doing so through my pregnancy.  Any ideas on how to modify the exercises for pregnancy?  Also wondering when I need to turn my bench into an incline for the chest and tricep tracks.  Thanks!

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Body Pump

• You can incline your bench whenever you feel like it.  I always incline mine as it targets my chest better for me and helps keep me in proper alignment.

It would be a really good idea to ask the instructor what he/she thinks.

Good luck!

Baby Boy born on 1/14/13
  • Hi, I'm a certified BP instructor.  Incline the bench around 16 weeks.  Other than that, same rules for bending/twisting apply as with any other exercise.  And, you'll likely want to drop some weight, especially for the back track (#4) as your belly gets bigger.  As always, listen to your body! I intend to instruct as long as possible while pregnant. =)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • I'm a Bodypump instructor.  I taught my last class when I was 41 weeks pregnant with my DS :)

I started inclining the bench around 16 or 17 weeks for chest and triceps.

I also started doing the back track with plates instead of a bar sometime in my third trimester because I couldn't clean and press without bumping my belly.

Some portions of various ab tracks (reverse curls, I'd just cue instead of doing them), but I could still do a lot of the track.

My weights just naturally decreased as time went on.

imageimage Ashley Sawtelle Photography
  • image1fish2fish:
    Hi, I'm a certified BP instructor.  Incline the bench around 16 weeks.  Other than that, same rules for bending/twisting apply as with any other exercise.  And, you'll likely want to drop some weight, especially for the back track (#4) as your belly gets bigger.  As always, listen to your body! I intend to instruct as long as possible while pregnant. =)

I agree. I teach Group Power (same as BP) and those are the modifications I make to teach and tell my prego participants as well. Also, make sure you are drinking enough water while working out, it helps a lot.  

• I am 37 weeks and still pumping.  :)  Agree with all of the above.  Recently I've had to cut out most of the ab track moves but plank and do other core work throughout it.  Have fun and keep pumping!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"