Adoption

NAR:Update on our situation

Hey all, sorry I haven't been posting. Just wanted to let eveyone know I am in England after taking an emergency flight because I received a call from the USAirForce that my husband was in critical conditon at an English Hospital.

Since then we have been to three hospitals, three cities and have a diagnosis of Hemochromatosis with acute complications. He has severe liver damage, is in Congestive heart failure and has been flipping out of heart rhythm for 3 days after being stabliized for 7.

I packed for 4 days as I was not thinking about being here for 3 weeks..Oh the joys of being stinky..

He is now at Addenbrooke Hospital which is associated with Cambridge University. Although it is Socialized Medicne, he is being seen by the top MD on hemochromatosis in England..Who knows when I will return..but I will keep you posted.

Not sure how a illness will effect our adoption..will probably put us out of the running which will crush both of us..

hugs to all!

Baze2

"Onward"--CathyMD Waiting since 07/5/2011 for our forever child! Yep we are adopting!

Re: NAR:Update on our situation

• Oh hon, I'm so sorry.

If they are able to stabilize him, all is not lost. Hemochromatosis is a pretty common blood disorder, and from what I hear you just donate blood on a regular basis to keep the iron levels down.

Keep us updated.

• It is pretty common in the US..here in England it is rare. He will have blood draws. He has had one. However, his serum ferritin level is 20,000 and the usual is 30-100. Each blood draw will drop it 50 points..So they started him on deforaximine (a drug they give people who have overdosed on Iron tablets)..to start chelating the iron out of his blood.

He is now a case study at two of the hospitals..West suffolk hospital and Cambridge University..not really how we want are claim to fame.

Just trying to get the massive amounts of iron stores out of his body quickly to prevent further damage. Not sure how he made it through TSA with a liver full of iron deposits (kidding of course)..and trying to stabilize his arrythmia caused by iron deposits in his heart muscle

I will keep you posted.

"Onward"--CathyMD Waiting since 07/5/2011 for our forever child! Yep we are adopting!
  • Loading the player...
  • Wow, that is a LOT of iron. Hope if levels go down quickly and he doesn't suffer any permanent damage. You're right not quite the way you want to become famous.

Thinking of you

• I just wanted to say that I hope they are able to help your husband.  What a stressful time for both of you. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Hoping for a speedy recovery for your husband and success as you continue your adoption journey.
    10/27/07
  • Wow, Baze, how crazy.  I am sending prayers for the your husband and the medical team.  I hope they can get the levels down quickly and more importantly, safely!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • You both have been in my thoughts and prayers since your OP on IFV.  Keep us posted.  xox
    Todd & Kristin, 3.10.07

After 5.5 years of loss, heartbreak, and empty arms, our dreams were fulfilled through the beautiful, selfless gift of adoption. We are amazingly blessed!

Blog About Us | Blog About RPL/IF/Adoption

imageimage

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • The Md's assured DH that after this is over he will be fertile again! Ummm really? I just want my husband alive..we have dealt with IF!

Thank you for the prayers..We need them!

Love and prayers to all

baze

• Thoughts and prayers coming your way!  Here's hoping for a speedy recovery.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"