Food Allergy

Nutramigen vs. Dairy free

I  have an extremely fussy 7 week old baby who strains to pass gas and has tummy issues. Per pedi I have gone dairy free (a week so far) and no difference yet. She has been screaming/fussying more than usual the past 5 days, would going dairy free make a difference you think in making her more fussy? Also, I have Nutramigen that we were going to try but its expensive and if its the same as me being dairy free its not worth making her drink that (and she didn't like the taste at all). Any suggestions, ideas or knowledge on this is appreciated!

Re: Nutramigen vs. Dairy free

• I would give it another week.  If she's still not getting any better, you may want to cut out soy, as well.  Unfortunately, many babies that cannot tolerate cow's milk protein, also cannot tolerate soy protein.

GL!  I know it's tough, but you'll get through it!

IAmPregnant Ticker Support with Integrity
  • Give it another week or two.. Milk protein can stay in your body for up to two weeks.
  • Loading the player...
  • imagelovelife11:
    Give it another week or two.. Milk protein can stay in your body for up to two weeks.

This. It took about 3 weeks to notice a significant improvement in DS. Our pedi and GI both said it takes about 2 weeks to get out of mom's system and then another week to get out of baby's.  

• Keep trying. And if you aren't t seeing improvements in another week or two you might try eliminating soy. Also watch out I didn't eliminate egg when I tried with DD and so she never got better. Found out at 9 months she is allergic to eggs so that was likely why we still had trouble even after soy. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"