Parenting after 35
Options

Ferris Bueller's Day Off Work

Funny, but I'm saddened by this.  It's not a real movie, it's a car ad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhkDdayA4iA

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Ferris Bueller's Day Off Work

• Options
    I heard about that. It's been making the rounds among those on FB who are, ahem, of a certain age.
  • Options

Pardon my French, but Cameron is so tight that if you stuck a lump of coal up his ass, in two weeks you'd have a diamond.

Such a fun movie! I always wanted a day that I skipped to be like that. Unfortunately I was too much like Cameron and paranoid about getting caught. Instead, we started a milkbone fight in the library and got kicked out - just so we could play poker.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I was a goody-two-shoes as well.  In small town Iowa in the 80s, the cool kids would go out to The Dip and drink Old Milwaukee.   The Dip is a shallow spot in the local crick (not creek, crick).   To this day, I'm not sure where it is... never been there.  

By the time I was a senior, I did have a beer or two at graduation parties and shocked the heck out of my friends.  What??? You're drinking???

And the only "skip" thing we ever did was ditch last period study hall to drive 30 miles to the nearest big city that had a pizza buffet.  Mmmmmm... Shakey's pizza!  It was nasty stuff.

• Options

I loved that movie so much.. :) 

I was a skipper too.. but not on such a grand scale and I mostly did it all by my lonesome.. lol  

• Options
    Classic!  80's movies are the best, nothing can beat the rat pack or the Molly Ringwald movies.  I have a younger sister who is 16 (I was 21 when she was born) and I laugh when they start talking about how awesome the movies from the 80's are.  Ahhh, to relive our youth.
    Shannon Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Loved this, BB. Thanks for sharing :)
  • Options
    I was a major slacker in high school. I think senior year I mised 30 days. That's right a whole month. My parents didn't give a damnnn I still somehow managed to graduate with a 3.8 gpa. I really knew how to suck up to my teachers. I just hated high school. I thought it was pointless waste of time
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"