Washington Babies
Options

Any Swedish Mom's???

O.k. I have posted on a couple comments and been looking at some post's. So I figured I should probably post something SOON...LOL So i am 27 weeks with Triplets and SUPER SUPER excited, but I am delivering at a different hospital this round. I had my Son at Overlake which I LOVED and would have delivered there again IF 1. we lived closer and 2. I didn't work in West Seattle and didn't want to take tons of time off of work to go out to Bellevue.

SO we are delivering at Swedish this round.. SO far I have been very impressed with the service I have had. When I say this I have only dealt with MFM Dr.'s

My question is if any mommies on this board have delivered/ gone to what ever... have you gals had good experiences with the hospital Part?? I am just trying to wrap my head around everything at this point!!!

Thank you for ALL your input!!!!

Pregnancy Ticker image

Re: Any Swedish Mom's???

• Options
    I delivered at Swedish/Edmonds in July. My experience was awesome! I ended up having to be there every other day for about 3 weeks before DD was born, and I needed an emergency c-section. All the staff was stellar--super friendly and knowledgable. I can't say enough good things about Swedish. Also, my friend just delivered her baby early (33 weeks) last Friday at Swedish/First Hill. She was there, on bedrest, for about a month prior to that and has had a great experience. Congrats to you!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Are you looking at Swedish First Hill? I had a friend deliver there via planned c-section, and she loved it. They see a lot more babies, but it's also the home-base for their networks neo-natal specialty care.

I had a natural birth over at Swedish Ballard (used to live in West Seattle, so the drive wasn't bad at all). The nurses were amazing! They helped and supported me a great deal, and I loved that they had cloth diapers as an option.

This time, I'm planning on Swedish Issaquah, and taking a tour of their facilities soon. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I posted earlier, but it seems to have been eaten. 

Congrats!!! I don't have any hospital info, but wanted to let you know we have another triplet Mom on here, in case you have any questions, MrsAmyB.  She delivered at Evergreen.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Oh my gosh Thank you ladies!!!! This is great, I am starting to get nervous.. I know I don't need to be but I am...LOL and it is REALLY REALLY nice to know of another trip's mom around on this board!!!  Thank you for the Input I am delivering at Swedish First Hill and I do like that they have a REALLY REALLY good NICU!!! My friend just had her baby at First Hill and I do have to say I was a little thrown off at how BIG it was...LOL... 2 levels I was like oh man.. o.k. then...LOL..

Thanks again!!!

You gal's are GREAT!!!!

Pregnancy Ticker image
  • Options
    Yay! Another triplet mama! I delivered at Evergreen so I can't help you on Swedish, but I can surely help you with any other aspect of super-twins :) There are a lot of great twin mamas here that are a wealth of information as well. I'm not here much anymore, but you can find me on Facebook: Amy Wickwire Bright.
    Love: 8/2000 | Marriage: 7/2005 | Baby makes three: 3/28/2007 | And one more makes...SIX?
    Steal my kids picture or pretend they are yours, I will find where you live and ship all of their dirty diapers to your doorstep. Promise. image
  • Options

Ack, I had a reply but TB ate it.

I delivered at Swedish First Hill/Cherry Hill with my first daughter and will deliver there again with this baby.

I loved my experience there.  I had lots of complications, so several trips to L&D triage before my delivery and the nurses and doctors both times were awesome, very reassuring, and very kind.  I had a planned c/s and everyone was really fabulous. Again, the nurses were great, the anesthesiologist was awesome, and I love my doc.  I honestly don't think I have anything bad to say about my delivery experience there, I received outstanding care.

• Options

I haven't delivered yet, but we're going to be at Swedish First Hill. :)

Their childbirth classes are reasonable (though it really depends on the instructor, as always!), and the people I've met (on tours, in classes, etc) have all been just super-duper nice.

One VERY recent change you may not hear about from previous Swedish moms -- the cafeteria is no longer open 24hrs as of 1/1/12. :( They're down to daytime service only (I don't remember the exact hours). But I've heard the food's fantastic (and I've tried the milkshakes; delicious!).

---
    ♥ Married since June 2009 ♥
    TW: Living children & Losses:
    Mom of sons "Alpha" (Feb 2012) & "Beta" (May 2016)
    Pregnant after 4 losses via IVF/FET with daughter "Gamma" (EDD Oct 2, 2019)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    imagesoralette:

One VERY recent change you may not hear about from previous Swedish moms -- the cafeteria is no longer open 24hrs as of 1/1/12. :( They're down to daytime service only (I don't remember the exact hours). But I've heard the food's fantastic (and I've tried the milkshakes; delicious!).

Whaaaaaat?!!  That is not good news!  

• Options
    imageAlli923:
    imagesoralette:

Agreed. :( It sucks! Budget cuts, I guess. They also don't cover parking anymore!

---
    ♥ Married since June 2009 ♥
    TW: Living children & Losses:
    Mom of sons "Alpha" (Feb 2012) & "Beta" (May 2016)
    Pregnant after 4 losses via IVF/FET with daughter "Gamma" (EDD Oct 2, 2019)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    imagesoralette:
    imageAlli923:
    imagesoralette:

Agreed. :( It sucks! Budget cuts, I guess. They also don't cover parking anymore!

Dining is down to 6:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m., and all of the nurses will recommend that you order a bunch of food right before they close and they will store it in the fridge for you if you want to eat throughout the night. As for the parking, we were discharged on a Sunday, and there is a $5 flat fee if the booth is unattended. I had no idea about either before I arrived; the web site even still mentions the parking pass.

To the original poster: I just had my second child at Swedish over the weekend and it was once again a wonderful experience. I love my OB and her practice (Seattle OBGYN Group) and I had wonderful nurses. There wasn't anything I can complain about except the dining people forgetting my salad dressing and then making me wait another 45 minutes to bring it up. Bah. [;0]

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

Thank you ladies, I have all ready felt the pay at the parking garage I normally have all day Dr. Appt's so I instead of spending a lot of money to park in the Nordstrom tower I park at the hospital and they only charge me 10 bucks for the day.. which isn't horrible but trust me when I have to go once a week or once every other week... it still erks me a little...... LOL

Good to know about the cafeteria.. my hubby with our first two would always eat at random times when we were in the hospital...LOL.. good to know!!! LOL

Again I really really appreciate all the input.. Helps me at ease some what!!!!

Pregnancy Ticker image
  • Options
    Im a Salem momma from Seattle and my best friend just delivered there in September and she had great expierence, minus one nurse who made her cry about not writing down when the baby ate because all the other nurses were tracking it for her. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

I am a MoM and had my twins at Swedish.  They were absolutely wonderful.  I had them vaginally and had full support from my MFM and OB.  The staff was absolutely AMAZING.  Since you have a "high risk" birth you will have 1-2 nurses in your room at all time.  If you attempt a non-C section birth then your epidural will be pretty extreme all the way up to my breast bones.  They do that in case you have to go through an emergency C-section.  It is a bit chaotic during the delivery with all the NICU teams.  During the delivery, I think there were about 12 nurses in the OR, 5 MD's, 2 Anesthesiologists, and then my husband and I.  It was tight. 

After delivery the nursing staff was there for me for anything I needed.  If we were going to have another I would absolutely deliver at Swedish.  

DH-NOA confirmed with TESE, ME-Unexplained After 1 Miscarriage, 6 IUI's, our little miracles are here. Proud Parents of Twins. Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    We're Finally Three
  • Options
    Thank you Mrs. K. I did wonder about how many nurses/Dr's Nicu doc's well be in the O.R. with three kiddos I have to have a C/S due to baby C has a heart condition that the Doc's NOR I want to stress out anymore then it all ready is.... Should be interesting come D day!!! Thanks for all the input ladies.. I appreciate it!!!
    Pregnancy Ticker image
  • Options
    I delivered at Swedish Ballard and was with the Swedish midwife group. I had a great experience with the nurses. The nurses there were so great!!!
    Nicole 32| Julian 29
    Cooper: 11/20/11
    Julian: EDD 8/1/16
    PCOS & Endo. w/ DOR

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"