Maryland Babies

Seeking second opinion at Shady Grove; looking for experiences

I am currently a patient at Fertility Center of Maryland with Dr. Padilla. I am more than pleased with my care, but since we are moving closer to needing IVF, I would like a second opinion to ensure that we are making all the right choices. A ton of people have asked why I'm not at Shady Grove, so I think it's time to see what it's all about. I will be seeing Dr. Yazigi on Monday at Shady Grove's GBMC location.

Does anybody have an experience with Shady Grove, particularly the GBMC location and/or Dr. Yazigi?

My biggest concern is that the care will be impersonal, since the center is so large.

Started TTC 2/2009
Started fertility treatments 11/2010
Ovarian dysfunction, LPD, male factor
6 failed medicated IUI's
Pregnant 5/2011 - Miscarriage at 6 weeks due to triploidy
Decided to adopt - 6/2012
SURPRISE! Pregnant without intervention - 7/2012 
Sweet Baby James Born 3/2013
Decided to be "One and Done"

....OR NOT.
Pregnant 12/2018 despite birth control pills
Here we go again...
Due 8/26/19!

Re: Seeking second opinion at Shady Grove; looking for experiences

• I didn't go to Shady Grove, I too saw Dr. Padilla in Towson. I have always heard great things about Shady Grove, but Towson was more convenient. I think getting a second opinion is a good move since IVF is next step. Hope it works out!
    Hope (32), James (36), Sophee (1 year old), McKenzee (7 weeks) CafeMom Tickers CafeMom Tickers
  • I don't have personal experience with their GBMC location; but we did go to the SG in Columbia and I cannot say enough good things about the care that we received there.  Nothing about the practice felt too big.  They were truly wonderful during what was a very difficult time.

Good luck!!!

lovelylittleworld
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BFP#2 1/12/12 ~ Missed M/C 8w2d
  • Loading the player...
  • I can't comment on the GBMC location, but we went to Shady Grove in Annapolis and we were very happy with them. Our Dr. was wonderful and walked us through every step of each procedure. The nurses are fabulous and they call you the same day with any testing results. 
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We went to the Shady Grove GBMC location and Dr. Yazigi was my RE.  My experience with them was wonderful and the care we recieved never felt impersonal.  Dr. Yazigi and my nurse always promptly returned my calls and emails and looking back, it never felt as though they had a ton of other patients (although I know they did), bc they were so tuned in to our case.  When I got my BFP my nurse cried and hugged me and Dr. Yazigi was genuinely excited for us.

Good luck with your 2nd opinion and upcoming ivf.  If you have any other questions, I'd be happy to answer them.  Page or PM me anytime.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I had a fantastic experience at SG as well.  The staff was fantastic, and nothing about it was impersonal.
    Laura & Jim ~ July 10, 2004
    miscarriage on 11/26/09 at 5w6d
  • I'm a little late in seeing this post but I do have experience at Shady Grove. My doctor (Dr Chang) was actually located at the Rockville office but I had all of my monitoring sessions at the GBMC location with Dr Katz and Yazigi. I liked them both but actually like Yazigi better. I have nothing but good things to say about SG fertility in general and got pregnant with my first IVF. Feel free to PM me with any additional questions!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I also had a good experience with the bel air/gbmc drs. I had dr katz but you see all the drs at some point.   The nurses are amazing and really made it for me. I also went for a second opinion somewhere else and came back to SG.   Good luck!!

IUI#1 = 09/10 - Canceled - Dx w/POF
    DE IVF #1= 04/11 - BFP
  • I used Shady Grove in Columbia/Rockville. I had a great experience and felt that they were really informative. You also get assigned your own nurse that you can contact at any time via phone/email. It made things so much easier. I highly recommend them.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers My bio Last Updated: 12/1/09 http://tinyurl.com/7zz6z7u
  • I did my 2 IVF's (and multiple IUI) at Fertility Center of MD and my main Dr. was Dr. Smith (who retired in November) but saw Dr. Padilla and Dr. Bass as well.  I had a wonderful experience and I really loved the small size, family-like atmosphere, and easy accessibility and parking. I'm all for getting a second opinion, but I think you'd be in very good hands staying at FCOM if you do need IVF.
  • My neighbor went to Shady Grove in Rockville, and she loved it! She also had a very successful IVF experience, there. Obviously I can't guarantee you will have a successful IVF, but my neighbor did say that the doctors and nurses there were so supportive and kind when she was having multiple fertility issues and failed IVFs.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"