Cincinnati Babies

Indoor Walking Locations

Hi Ladies,

My two sisters and I are walking the Flying Pig half marathon in May.  We did it 5 years ago so we have some experience training.  Last time we did our long walks at a mall or outside. 

Besides gyms, any suggestions for places that might have indoor tracks or enough space indoors to walk 5-10 miles without having to count 100+ laps? :)

Thanks. I'd appreciate any ideas!

Katie

Re: Indoor Walking Locations

• My mom and stepdad have joined the ranks of mall walkers...  They live in Edmonton, AB, so for them walking outside until ~May is near impossible. 

Anyway, the challenge they're facing is that they're shopping at the same time.   What about somewhere like Xavier or UC- aren't there tracks around the basketball courts? 

• Thanks!  I started to look at UC to see if they had a track but I was kind of hoping someone here might know.  I'll have to look into that more.  I appreciate the response.

Edmonton...brrrrr.

• Loading the player...
  • UC's rec center does have a track, but I think about 5 laps equals a mile.  I would be dizzy doing 5-10 miles.  The biggest place I can think of is Kenwood Mall.  If you start down by Nordstrom, walk through the 2nd layer and back you would have to do a lot less laps.  You can also throw in the stairs and first floor for some variance.
    *** Sisterwife with JenniferLuvsCandy! can't wait to meet your LO!***
    ***Congrats to Kristin15172004 on your adorable baby girl!***
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • What about the Cincy Mills Mall?  It is large and not crowded, so you don't have to worry about getting behind slow people.  If you are meeting your sister, walking side by side on treadmills for 1-2 hours wouldn't be too bad.  Especially at a gym with tvs or movie theater.

• I was going to suggest Cincinnati Mills also. We were just there the week before Christmas, and I was very surprised. I knew there was not a lot open any more, but wow! I guess it has been a few years since I was last there.
    imageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • I think there is even a spot at Cincy Mills where you can get the mileage around the mall since so many people actually walk there.
  • If you ever wanna walk at Cincinnati Mills, hit me up on fb. We are close to there and need to walk too!
  • imagebuckeyethor:
    If you ever wanna walk at Cincinnati Mills, hit me up on fb. We are close to there and need to walk too!

This was going to be my suggestion too. I work right near there and am open to 5:15 dates if anyone wants a partner.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"