Single Parents
Options

Can we start a weekly post(s)?

I think it would lighten things up here from post after post of BD drama...

I'd like to start a Awkward and Awesome Thursday post, as being a SP has it's awkward and awesome moments.

Any other post/day ideas?

I would really like to gtky all a little better :]

Re: Can we start a weekly post(s)?

• Options

I have something totally awesome: Barrett said his first word!  As much as I was hoping it would be Mama because he makes lots of Mmmm noises lately, he opted to concentrate his vocalization on someone else very important.  The dog.  Yep, my son's first word was Bluto, he was talking to his babysitter's dog. 

Since then I did get a Mom, which I'll have to say was even more awesome.  Feels good to know I'm in there, even if I'm not as high a priority as the dog.

Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

THAT IS SOOO AWESOME :3 I think it's cute that he thinks the dog is the bomb, I guess that part would be your awkward. :p He was probably trying to get the dog to come to him. :]

My awesome is L finally started sitting as of yesterday. And he LOVES IT! I was getting a little worried he wouldn't get it.

The awkward, I had a patient (child) try to bribe me with $20 to not give him the fluoride treatment. The mom in me was all, "heck no" lol. I thought that if L ever tried to pull that he'd be flossing 2x a day for like, ever. ;p 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    My son just got his first tooth :)
  • Options
    Lo LOVES her play kitchen and she feeds everybody from me to stuffed animals and her rocking horse (his mouth moves so he can talk, but to Lo the horse is eating). I was cleaning up the other day when I reached the little kitchen area and found a small toy cow IN the frying pan on the stove. I was laughing so hard I had to sit down. No vegans in this house. Lo loves her meat. 
  • Options

Totally agree on these posts. It's nice to get away from the drama once in a while. Not to mention practically everything posted here is stuff that is consistently repeated.

As for awkward and awesome? Give me the Awesome Mom of the Year Award. My child was cutting 4 molars and I didn't even know it! We had run out of Advil several days ago and I couldn't understand why he was spazzing out every morning. Best believe I ran my butt out to Target and picked him up several bottles of ibuprofen and some orajel. I still feel like crap about it. Her hasn't cried since though.

I also HATE Valentine's day. Never liked it. But I did get Rome a card, toy and a tiny piece of chocolate. He at least deserves a Valentine. As for my Valentine's Day? I'm plunking my butt down on a couch with a huge box of chocolates and a horror flick after R goes to bed. I don't care if it makes me gain 5 pounds.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options

I like this idea!

Awesome is DS being fully potty trained.  I was at a friend's house last night and her daughter is three, and she's still not potty trained.  P kept running up to me and telling me he had to go to the bathroom so it made me realize how lucky I am that potty training was very easy with him, especially because it hasn't been for my friend.

Awkward-a lot of things about being a SP are awkward.  I have two very good friends who I pretty much do everything with.  They are both married without children.  So it's usually them and their husbands, and me and DS.  That can feel a little awkward at times but I usually don't let it bother me too much.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageTwinkieFiend:

The dog.  Yep, my son's first word was Bluto, he was talking to his babysitter's dog. 

DD's first decernable word was "kitty." Haha. She said it clearly 3 times and has not said anything since - I fear "kitty" will never hear her actual name again :)

Awesome: Even though no other major words yet, DD does say "eeeyy" which I have figured out means mommy for her. Happy that she knows me, when to ask for me, AND that I could figure out her little language!

Awkward: My mom insisted we go over and introduce ourselves (me and DD) to this other mom who was there alone with her baby after church - I think in hopes of meeting another single mom. She said something like "we got really lucky" in regards to her LO's sleeping and then I noticed the huge rock on her left ring finger. That was awkward for sure.

• Options

I like this idea. Sorry I'm late to the party!

Awesome: Wy has started saying I love you back when we do our night time routine. Melts my heart.  

Awkward: was when our new transfer boss met Wy Friday and said my husband and I are very lucky bc DS is so handsome. Lol.. No husband here bud.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

That would be great!  I would love to get to know everyone better, too!  I have kind of a funny update from this morning - my son is almost a year old, and he tries so hard to talk.  He'll try to repeat everything that everyone says and it's really cute.  Today, I dropped our breakfast on the floor by accident, and I said "crap!"  Liam repeated it, of course, and now he's been saying it all morning.  It's pretty funny.

Also - I finally got a job!  It's at our local library and I start on Monday.  I am so excited.  With a job, and my child support hearing finally coming up on Feb. 20th, I'm happy to know that I'll be able to start looking for my own place soon, instead of living with friends.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image Check out my blog ThreeHundredPages.com Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I forgot to put awkward!  Awkward is living with my friends family and always feeling like we're in the way or are being too loud.  Can't wait to get my own place!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image Check out my blog ThreeHundredPages.com Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"