Stay at Home Moms

Paystubs

Do you keep your DH's paystubs or toss them after they have been reviewed? If you keep them, how long do you keep them for until you shred or do you keep them forever?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Paystubs

• We keep them until we get that year's W-2. Then we shred.
  • When I used to work I would keep them for the year and then shred after we filed our taxes.  DH is military so his "pay stubs" are available online for a year.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imagescatteredtrees:

DH's company switched to an online format, so it logs all his paystubs, forever. 

We only printed them out when we needed them for our home lender.  

My DH's company does this as well

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker>

• imageJulia_JJ:
    We keep them until we get that year's W-2. Then we shred.
    This is essentially what we do as well.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • We toss them, but I can look everything up online.

• imagenekorayne:
    imagescatteredtrees:

DH's company switched to an online format, so it logs all his paystubs, forever. 

We only printed them out when we needed them for our home lender.  

My DH's company does this as well

My DH's company too.  They are a very large company and it saves millions of dollars a year by not printing them for the employees.  I also like that we can get them online if need be.  Just one less thing for me to misplace!Stick out tongue

DD #1 - 01.08
    DD #2 - 03.13
  • Wow this post surprises me! Ive always been told to keep records for 7 years because you can't be audited after 7 years. So, everything gets filed and anything over 2 yrs old gets boxed and put in the attic. After reading this post, this seems crazy! Lol am I nuts for doing this?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"