Pregnant after 35
Options

Disappointed in DH

We are going on Wed. to find out the sex of the baby at my appt.  DH can't drive with me to the appointment due to work and immediately after the appointment his brother is coming to our house(spending the night) so they can go to a monthly get together with some of his friends.  I feel really let down that we are going to find out what we are having and then go off separately and not see each other for two days (he has plans the next night also.)  Am I being too sensitive?

Re: Disappointed in DH

• Options

They're your feelings and I don't think anyone can tell you how to feel. 

With Riley, DH was there but had to go back to work.  I went shopping.

With Sydney, DH couldn't make it because of work and I told him over the phone.  Afterward, I went shopping.

What would make this situation better for you?  Do you want him to stay home?  Not have his brother come over?  Perhaps you can determine those things and then find a compromise. 

Or in my case, just go shopping, LOL.

• Options

What? Seriously?
    BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Yes, you are being way too serious. I mean, he's going to the appointment with you, right? What else do you want from the guy? He's supposed to be attached to your hip for two days after that? Why? What for? So you can talk about baby names? So you can talk about ways to decorate the nursery?  Come on! You are totally overreacting. I hope this is just baby hormones and you're not usually this overly sensitive and crazy.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

DH went with me and thankfully he has a flexible work schedule (he works from home) so we were able to go to dinner that night.  I don't think you are being too sensitive but I think you need to figure out what would make it better for you.  In your place, I wouldn't necessarily expect plans to be canceled but might plan for a celebratory dinner a few days later to celebrate your big u/s.

DD -- 5YO
    DS -- 3YO

• Options
    maybe you could reschedule your u/s apointment by a few days so that he will be able to spend a little time with you afterward to maybe go out for lunch/dinner and chat about your excitement.  That would be a compromise I'm sure he could live with.
  • Options
    Thanks for the feedback.  I just feel weird finding out the sex and saying goodbye in the waiting room and going our separate ways for the next two days.  I should also say my husband is a sportsaholic and so he is always heading somewhere for a marathon, triathalon, etc... so I am sure that is contributing to my feelings of being brushed off for his sports group.  All I really want is 30 minutes after our appointment to process the info, so maybe I will twist his arm and see if somehow we can work that into the schedule.  Thanks for listening to me vent.
  • Options

I'm not really sure what the issue is. He's going to be w/ you AT the appt, right?  So why does it matter if he drives you there or not, or if you all are together the next couple days or not?   I'm not sure why this is an event that requires being together afterwards? 

And for the record, my DH was gone the entire weekend after we found out too - so....  that's why I'm confused on what you're upset about.  Finding out the gender was fun, but it's not something that required us to be together....

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• Options
    OOps- just read your update.  O.k.- so he's leaving IMMEDIATELY afterwards?  Eh- I can understand that a bit more.  Yeah, you do want some time to process, to talk, etc.  On that - I DO get where you're coming from. 
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• Options

I'm with the girls who don't see what the big deal is. If he's there with you for the u/s, why does he have to be there after? Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't get why he has to be with you for the few days after you find out what you're having. 

• Options

First of all, how fun is it that you are finding out the sex of your baby?!  That is going to be such a fun day.  Second, enjoy having your DH there for at least the time that you have him.  It sounds like it is just one of those bad timing things and that he is not otherwise unavailable to you right?  Definitely go shopping after you get the news or treat yourself to a spa visit or dinner out with your girlfriends.  Just do something fun for yourself.  When he comes back in town, you two can celebrate then.  I have a feeling you will still be pretty excited.  Congratulations!

• Options

Hmm... since it's bothering you and that's what matters...

Maybe you can take a totally different approach and have your OB write your baby's sex on a slip of paper and open it together on Thanksgiving/Christmas/Hanukkah or whatever special day you have coming up when you'll be together for certain.

• Options
    imagevioletblue72:

Maybe you can take a totally different approach and have your OB write your baby's sex on a slip of paper and open it together on Thanksgiving/Christmas/Hanukkah or whatever special day you have coming up when you'll be together for certain.

I think this is a great idea!  FWIW, I am so sorry that you feel this way.  My hubby is a hunter/fisher/workaholic too, so I know where you are coming from at times.  But it also feels nice to relax when he is off doing his thing.  Maybe he can take an hour after the appointment to hang out with you before he goes off to his weekend.  Good Luck 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I was going to suggest having the sex written down so you can open it later when you can spend time together. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"