Babies: 0 - 3 Months

IL Vent: Baby Talk

My ILs have always been very nice to me, and are now visiting for a week to see the 3 week old and 18 month old.  What is getting under my skin is the baby talk.  In a fake, high-pitched voice, MIL will say things to my toddler like "Does her want her milkies?"  I know that this is a dumb thing to complain about, but I have 5 more days and my husband is at work, so I am venting here.  It would also be nice if she was willing to change a diaper... 

Re: IL Vent: Baby Talk

• I'm with you!  My MIL said, "Is her cold?" to DD and if I hear something like that again I'm going to ask her not to teach my baby poor grammar.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • That sounds like my MIL too.  She also says everything in a REALLY high pitched voice that hurts my ears.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Anniversary
  • Loading the player...
  • This would be DD and no matter how many times we correct her she still does it....  At least your MIL will go home at some point...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • OMG I hate the high-pitched voice. My MIL used to do it when I was pregnant. My LO is 4 1/2 weeks old. Now every time I see my ILs she has to have a hat on. If she doesn't and she gets the hick-ups or the sniffles its because of not having a hat. It drives me crazy. :) I think everybody's ILs are annoying. I sure do hope it gets better for all of us. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"