Success after IF
Options

Poor Katen :( Party woes

I don't think anyone is coming to Katen's birthday party. We invited her whole preschool class and most of them have said they're not coming. The rest haven't RSVP'd and the party is tomorrow night.

I'm so sad for her. I don't think she's a bad kid at preschool. She seems to be everyone's friend at school and everywhere else. I just feel awful.

On top of that, her family party is likely going to be cancelled for Saturday night because of weather. She was so looking forward to this weekend.

What would you do?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Poor Katen :( Party woes

• Options

OMG, poor Katen! 

I don't know what I would do.  Reschedule maybe?  Saturday parties are more the norm around here.  Maybe that would work better?  Are there a few people that said yes?  If there are, I would go ahead with it. 

Does she know?  I am so sorry. 

• Options
    Take her out someplace special (to a kid). Maybe Chucky Cheese... Or take her to a place that she loves and make it a party; like a bounce house or pool... You could also take her out to eat and ask that the waitstaff sing her happy birthday.
    Henry and Papa at the farm
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I asked her BFF's mom if she could come. She's not in her preschool class so at least there's one kid. Nobody else said yes.  :( 

Maybe it's me. I hope my kid isn't suffering because of me. That would suck. 

• Options

imageMonkeysGirl05:
    Take her out someplace special (to a kid). Maybe Chucky Cheese... Or take her to a place that she loves and make it a party; like a bounce house or pool... You could also take her out to eat and ask that the waitstaff sing her happy birthday.

I agree with taking her out somewhere special to make up for it if you cancel.  But she is four.  She is going to know that her party isn't happening.  Maybe if you decide to go somewhere special she could take along a friend?

• Options

Oh no! 

Could you call those who haven't RSVP'd to see if they're coming?  Then if they're not maybe reschedule in a few weeks?

I agree with the PP, take her somewhere special tomorrow or Saturday.  What about that Monkey Joe's place?  Or that new hotel that has the water park inside of it?  Ice skating or roller skating? 

We took Conor to Incredible Pizza for his b.day.  I wasn't a huge fan...and I'm not sure if a girl would like it.  It was very arcade like with games and a go-cart track.  NMS but DH, BIL and FIL had a blast.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

Why would you think it was you?  Don't even say that!!!  It could just be the timing.  We have a hard time getting everyone together for our kids birthdays in the summer because everyone is busy and away on vacations.  I think there are going to be plenty of "creative" birthday celebrations for our kids...as in not typical parties because not many kids are around in the summer.

• Options

OMG poor Katen. That just stinks : ( I am sure it has nothing to do with how she is at school but just a bad coincidence of busy parents  (it is crappy some have not RSVPed).  I felt bad just having to RSVP no a a BD party for one of Katie's friends at school because we have a baptism that day. 

I would try to take her some place fun and make sure you guys make a big deal with a cake and singing happy birthday. 

• Options

Oh no!  I don't think it is you or her :(  Friday night parties around here are tough.  If one parent works, the other parent is potentially dealing with other (possibly older kids) and so often, people aren't available.

I agree with the other posters and would take her someplace special or try to reschedule it for another date.  I am so sorry!!   

• Options

OMG...poor Katen!! This just breaks my heart!!

Are you friendly with the parents? It could all just be timing you know?

I would call those who haven't rsvp and tell them you need a final head count. Do you have any family with children that can make it?

If you have to cancel, I would explain the weather is not going to permit her guests to come to the party, so instead we are going to do something even more special and take her out like others mentioned.

If you lived close, we would totally come to her party :(

• Options
    Oh, poor Katen!  I wish we lived closer -- we would party crash for sure.  :(  I would take her on a special outing (and let her pick where she wants to eat -- including dessert) and let her invite a friend.  So heartbreaking.  :(
    My Favorite Books image
    Books read in 2012: 58!
  • Options
    Oh, poor Katen!  I hope the weather holds so the family can come up. 
  • Options
    That is too bad. But if she has one friend that is coming for sure, maybe another one or two will show up, and just make the most of it. Put up party decorations and just shower her with lots of birthday love. I think she'll still feel very special even if there's not that many people there.  She'll be with her bff, her sister and her parents. Who else do you need?!
    Cricket's Cadence
  • Options
    That is so tough!  I am positive it isn't you or her.  The ones that said they couldn't come, did they say why?  I agree that Fridays are tough, any way you could do something special as a family and do a party later?  I feel so bad for you guys but I know you will make it very special for her. 
    Dx with PCOS and IR June 2009
    After two losses, third time was a charm.
    pm me for blog link
  • Options

Awww :(

Did you say it is tomorrow night? If so, I would bet that is why people aren't coming. I think people just don't love night/dinner parties for kids. Can you reschedule for a Saturday or Sunday morning/afternoon? That is when everyone does kid parties around here. 

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Most just said they have a previous obligation. Maybe Friday nights just aren't good. I think some of the kids might be afraid of bounce houses too. (We have one in our basement and it's the theme of her party. :: Sigh :: Live and learn.  Next time it will be an afternoon.  :)

They're missing out. I'm making mommy mac. Wink

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"