Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Where are the formula feeding moms?

What has been your expirience? How is LO doing on formula?

Married my best friend 5/2/2008
TTC our first miracle since November 2010
BFP 3/16/2011 Chemical Pregnancy 3/20/2011

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image

Re: Where are the formula feeding moms?

• I love FF. I find it so much easier and more enjoyable than BF. Plus they eat less often and sleep more (at least DD does.) We had a few issues finding the right formula but now she is doing great and gaining weight normally which she was not doing BFing.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Here! I love FF. I think it's more convienient and BF made me feel so uncomfortable. LO is right on track.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I had a hard time transitioning to full time FF. We never got the hang of BFing with DS being in the NICU for 6 days but I did pump enough to get him 1 bottle of BM a day. But by 3 weeks my supply was tanking despite my best efforts to keep it going so I had no choice but to FF. It was hard at first but it was 100% the best decision for our family. Being a slave to the pump was not a good use of my time and prevented me from bonding with my son. DH works nights so he's gone at night (obviously) and then sleeps during the day so DS and I are alone most of the day. I felt so bad just leaving him in his rocker while I pumped.

I also like how DH can take some of the feedings and create that bond with DS. 

We have no regrets using formula. I had severe PIH (that is now chronic hypertension) and DS was born a month early, so he is right on track for his adjusted age. We use Similac Neosure, which is formulated for preemies.

BFP #1: 3.28.11 Dx w/ PIH @ 24w DS Born @ 36w: 11.7.11 6 Days in NICU
    BFP #2: 8.31.16 Dx w/ GD @ 28w DD Born @ 36w: 4.21.17

• she has had issues...first blood in poop so doc determined allergic to milk protien...then constipated with soy sooooooooooooo now on nutramigen which cost $2.5million!!! sometimes i do wish i would have stayed breastfeeding but glad i'm not bounded to the pump
  • I love FF. Before I had DS I had wanted to try breastfeeding, but deep down knew FF was the best. We tried and failed miserably. With FF DS sleeps through the night and has longer periods between feedings and is completely 100% healthy.
    Married 02.06.10
    DS1 born 11.19.11
    DS2 born 07.02.14

• We love it. I mixed fed (BF and FF) for 8 weeks before switching to FF full time. I never was comfortable with BF and LO has gained heaps of weight and is really healthy so we are very happy with what we have done.
  • How long are you ladies getting between feedings???? We get about 3 hours sometimes 4 depending on nap times.  He's 10 weeks and has 5 oz during his day feeds and 4 at night.  We like FF for the convience of having others also share in feeding, we tried to BF but didn't work out.  He's thriving on FF but still not sleeping longer than about 3 horus aat night!!! ahhhhh! I'm waiting until 3 mths to start really complaining if things don't change :)

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Married 11/10
    Birth of our 1st bundle 11/11
    MC 05/14
    EDD of our 2nd bundle 06/15
  • I switched from pumping to formula at 6 weeks. Similac sensitive and she seems fine with it. 4 ounces every 3-4 hours. I get one 5-7 hour stretch at night and then 3-5 hours after that
  • My daughter is doing great on formula. Doctor said she is nice and healthy. She is a very content baby. I know that putting her on formula was the best decision for my family.
    After 2 years of TTC, our daughter was born on Oct 31, 2011!
    7lbs 13oz  20 inches long
    image"Lilypie">

• FF from day one here. DD is on Alimentum because of a lactose intolerance that I have and so does my older DD. She's gained about 3 lbs since birth and is doing great :) 

image image

• DS is doing great on formula. I was pumping to supplement with breast milk, but stopped this week (I was only making 3oz or so a day, pumping every few hours and decided it was not worth continuing). I talked with his pediatrician  to address my concerns and she was really helpful. Mostly, she just convinced me that my baby getting the nutrition he needs is more important than where it comes from and that I should not feel guilty about that. I wanted to bf and tried my best, but ff is working out great for us. I love that dh can feed ds and have that closeness with him. I also like that I can run out on the weekends on my own occassionally. We're using rtf similac organic, but once we're out of that we'll switch to powder. Not sure if we'll stick with the organic. I'd like to use target generic, which doesn't come in organic.  I make up a days worth of bottles ahead of time and warm them up as needed in a cup of hot water from our k cup machine.
  • BFing didn't work for us so DD has been FF for 2 weeks now.  She's doing great on Similac Advance and finally gaining weight.  She takes 2.5-3 oz about every 3 hours with one or two 4-5 hour stretches.  Emotionally it was a hard switch for us to make but it was definitely the right one for us.

Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

DD 1/3/2012
    BFP 5/21/2013 MC 5/24/2013
    BFP 7/16/2013 EDD 3/27/2014
  • Oh, and my daughter usually wants to eat every 3-4 hours during the day. But she sleeps through the night for me.
    After 2 years of TTC, our daughter was born on Oct 31, 2011!
    7lbs 13oz  20 inches long
    image"Lilypie">

• imageauthorofdreamz:
    I love FF. I find it so much easier and more enjoyable than BF. Plus they eat less often and sleep more (at least DD does.) We had a few issues finding the right formula but now she is doing great and gaining weight normally which she was not doing BFing.

amen!!!! 

• FF is awesome. I did BF for the first 6 weeks, it helped out a lot with shedding the weight and bonding with my LO, but when she's hungry and wants to be fed right away, FF is the way to go!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"