C-sections
Options

Getting prego 9 months after C/S

Ok so today like I posted on 6-9 month board, I found out I am expecting. My son was born 9 months ago via c-section. Has anyone had any difficulties with their pregnancies so soon after having a c-section. This child was not planned, and came as a complete surprise! I am worried that now my body is not fully healed and I will have issues when it comes to my belly getting big. Has anyone had experince with this if so can you plz share. Thank you!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Getting prego 9 months after C/S

• Options

DH and I were also surprised.  My DD was 10 mo at the time.  So far, besides being really tired all of the time, I don't feel so bad.  The only c/s related issue that I have been having is a little more pain in my abdomen.  My dr said it is normal for women with c/s to feel a bit more pain because the scar tissue is trying to be stetched and it doesn't want to be.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    We got a surprise with ds2's pg when ds1 was 6 months old. My OB wasn't considered at all. The only thing is if you want a vbac. Most doctors want at least 12 months between pregnancies if you want a vbac. I never wanted a vbac so that didn't effect me. I'm now pg with #3 and we found out when ds2 was 12 months old. 
    BFP 12/23/07, M/C 1/25/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Well thank yall for easing my mind a bit, and they dont do VBACs in the county I live in anymore, so thats not a problem.
  • Options
    I was 4m pp when I got pregnant with Lucas. The pregnancy went fine. I could feel the scar tissue stretching so it was a little more uncomfortable, but it wasn't unbearable.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • Options
    I got pg at 12 weeks pp intentionally with my OB's blessing. It's been much more painful this pg, but there's a huge difference between 12 weeks and 9 months pp!
    photo newsig2_zps17ef14af.jpg
  • Options
    I got pregnant with #2 when DD was six months old. I wasn't allowed the option of a VBAC because they were to close in age; but other than that, no big differences. Pregnancy was easy for me both times, as was the c-section and recovery.
  • Options
    I got pregnant with DD2 when DD1 was about 10 months old. My OB was supportive of VBAC and said I was a good cantidate but i went too far past due and had no progress so I ended up with a c/s anyway. My pregnancy was totally uneventful and my rcs was fabulous! Honestky, if my first c/s had gone anything like my rcs did I would not have had any desire to VBAC in the first place. It was great!
  • Options
    Oh, and congrats on the BFP!
  • Options
    I got pregnant when DS was 8 months.  My pregnancy with DD was uneventful, and my c/s recovery just as easy (if not easier) than the first time.  No worries!
    the bug & bee blog
    (read it. you know you want to.)
    anderson . september 2008
    vivian . february 2010
    mabel . august 2012
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

I understand your anxiety. I freaked out when we found out we were expecting again (DD was 8 months old). I called my OB's office crying worried my uterus was going to rip open from growing with this pregnancy. They said it would be on but I wouldn't be able to VBAC (not sure where your OB would stand on this).

I will say this pregnancy has been a taxing but I think that has more to do with chasing after a toddler. 

Congrats! When we found out there were many reasons I was nervous but a friend told me they were going to be annoyingly excited for me because they knew one day this would be the best news we have ever gotten. And throughout this pregnancy I have fallen in love all over again with another tiny person. I wish the same for you! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We were 4 months pp when we found out last month. It wasn't expected because of our IF issues but OB didn't seem concerned at all. I asked if I would have issues with my scar and they said it may be more painful.
  • Options
    First of all, congrats!! My mom actually got pregnant with me only 2 months after giving birth to my brother. Everything was just fine, and that was 26 years ago. The only thing in that she had to have another c-section to avoid any major issues. She says that having me was the easiest birth of all 3 children. Good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I got pregnant 9 months after and had 0 issues. I was even allowed to vbac. Failed but it had nothing to do w/ when I got pregnant.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My SIL got pregnant with her third when her twins were 9 months and as far as I know she did just fine.  :)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers image
  • Options
    I got pregnant 4.5 months after my first and my pregnancy was a breeze. I had a little discomfort around my incision in first tri, but nothing too bad. I did fine with the big belly. It didnt hurt at all.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"