October 2012 Moms
Options

Overwhelmed with all the hazards!!!!

Totally overwhelmed at the moment (this is my first). . .

Omega-3 fish oils good! Wait, mercury in fish bad. Flu shot good. Wait, fever from flu shot bad. Parabens bad, need to change out make-up and toiletries. Salycylic acid acne medication bad - need to change out face wash (hello breakouts).  Vitamin D from sunlight good. Wait, sun exposure bad. Exercise good. Wait, jumping bad (how the heck do you exercise without jumping, I'm a runner and broomball player dammit!). I've even read that hot yoga is bad. I need my yoga!!!! What about Carmex???

Seriously, I'm almost totally paralyzed at this point, I don't know what to eat, I haven't worn make-up in days and I'm afraid to use anything in the shower but Dove soap (and still not sure that's even safe). I feel like I should move into a bubble. 

Any advice for dealing with all this???? 

Re: Overwhelmed with all the hazards!!!!

• Options
    I have no advice... but I completely agree with you!  
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Ha! Well at least it's not just me. :-)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have no advice, but your post cracked me up!
  • Options
    Amen sister..,

BPF 1. Baby Girl "Petri" 12/22/11 Said goodbye 12/27/11

BPF 2. Baby Boy "Roo" 1/20/12 Heartbeat 160b/m 2/15/12 Said goodbye 2/20/12

BPF 3. Rainbow Baby Boy "Creed"  4/28/12 Born healthy and alive 1/5/13

BFP 4. "Rainbow 2.0" 8/17/14 due 4/28/15

"Darling don't be afraid. I have loved you a thousand years. I love you a thousand more."

imageimageimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

I would say relax.

I got a flu shot but probably won't this time.

Sun exposure is fine just don't get burnt and keep yourself hydrated. 

You're makeup is probably fine unless it has certain anti-wrinkle ingredients.  I did change my face wash with DD.

You should be able to keep up with really any exercise routine you currently have within reason (contact sports may be bad).

I pretty much eat and drink what I want.  No caffeine for me cause I cut it out while BFing (which I still am) but I drank it while pregnant.  And I never drink alcohol.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Currently going through our second deployment. Can't wait for Zoe to meet her daddy!

• Options

Just talk to your Dr with what you are concerned with. The one thing I did switch with DD was my face wash/lotion. I didn't want to use anything with salicylic acid. But I also just read anything 2% and under is fine!! 

I drink a cup of regular coffee in the morning. I think things in moderation are fine.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    A good mantra is to do everything in moderation. Stay away from true hazards, and realize that you can only avoid so much. Cut out what you can, and limit the things you can't. Otherwise, it's going to be a long 40 weeks.
    The only Easter Bunny I can get behind.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Maxwell Joseph 4/09 Lucy Violet 10/12

• Options

I understand how you feel. I had a cold this weekend with a low grade fever and started panicking because you can/should only take Tylenol. 

I am going to play in a volleyball game on Thursday. I will not be diving, jumping or anything of that nature. The game is at my work ( I am a teacher) and I am really afraid that my co-workers will out me. I am a very competitive person and this will totally be out of the norm for me.

I never changed my make up and this is LO#3. I did switch to just and antibacterial bar soap wash because although my face sucks it could be worse. 

• Options

I know how you feel because this is my first pregnancy and I won't see a doctor for another 3weeks. Only thing I could think of today for lunch was a tuna sandwich and I thought hard about it. Then I remember what I've read on here: moderation. 

Is not like tuna is the only food I'll eat for the next 9 months, 24/7 so I decided not to stress about it.....maybe I'm wrong? But I can't keep driving myself crazy either. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

poor thing.. I did chuckle a bit for you post.....  for me..I avoid raw fish,  hot tubs, roller costers and smoking. I don't get a flu shot. Have not had one in years. I use the same make up and shampoo as before. I make my own cleaners. All of my kids have turned out normal using everything I have used before even before my natural cleaners stage of life... If you are looking to more natural alternatives, I have a blog on homemade soaps.. also google crunch betty she has some good homemade natural beauty stuff and lotions etc. here is my blog.:)

https://confessions-of-a-theta-mom.blogspot.com/

get out of your bubble using  a product with salicylic acid is not going to harm you or your baby. you dont need dreft laundry detergent. Just think centuries ago, pregnant women had sun exposure ..and the human race still existists.. dont beleive everything you read the media is just trying to freak you out or convince you to buy a product that you really dont need.  :) good luck..

• Options

Ditto to all of that! I'm scared to paint my nails because of all the nail polish talk, and I didn't even know about the salycylic acid or think to check if my makeup is okay - must check right now!    ;)

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Oh ladies...walking down a busy street  for 30 mintues for a week straight you inhale more toxic fumes on the highway, mainstreet or downtown than you would if you used noxema , painted your nails or dyed your hair..throughout your pregnancy.
  • Options
    I started to drive myself crazy with this stuff too when I started reading all this stuff.  I have talked to my doctor and friends that have kids.  What I've learned is, everything in moderation.  I fully intend to float around in a pool this summer, b/c I love the sun and being outdoors.  Just don't get burnt...easy enough.  Moderation is key. 

DS born 9/25/12
    DS #2 due 6/13/16
  • Options

imageKNemo:
    A good mantra is to do everything in moderation. Stay away from true hazards, and realize that you can only avoid so much. Cut out what you can, and limit the things you can't. Otherwise, it's going to be a long 40 weeks.

This exactly. 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    yes agreed everything within moderation :) well said.
  • Options

imageKNemo:

This. Also, breathe.

• Options

Hhahha! I feel the same way! Everyone out there has little tips and suggestions that work for them - but I think you just need to do what is best for you. I think we need to be proactive and smart. Think: Will this hurt me? Will this hurt my baby? Whatever you eat or drink goes straight to the little succubus in your belly so just be smart!

Also - a few years back I saw a woman in my spinning class who really rocking it. I was behind her, but when the class was over I came around to the front and saw that she was freaking HUGE! She was 7.5 months along! It blew my mind, but at that point I remember thinking to myself "I want that." So keep up with the exercise - it may be all we have to keep sane!! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"