2nd Trimester
Options

North Carolina OB recommendation

I have been following the boards for a while but haven't formally introduced myself.  My DH and I are expecting our first child in July.  Currently we are living in New Jersey and have been really happy with the care we have been receiving for our LO.  The current problem that I am facing is my husband just got a new job and we will be moving to North Carolina, the Raleigh-Durham area, towards the end of the month.  I have a final appointment with my current OB a few days before we leave so I will have about a month to find a new OB to use but I am not even sure where to start.  I was hoping that someone could recommend a OB or at least give me a place to start looking. 

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer. 

Re: North Carolina OB recommendation

• Options

Lurker here. Check in the with the North Carolina local board. There are many women from the RDU area on that board  who will be able to help with this and other relocation questions you may have. 

Some of the more well known practices in the area include Atrium OBGYN, Blue Ridge OBGYN, Capital Area OBGYN, and Mid-Carolina OBGYN. Good luck!

Catching up on sports news...
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I don't have any names for you, but I wouldn't wait a month to get an appointment. I've been seen by an OB and need to switch because I don't like him at all. I've had a HORRIBLE time trying to get an OB to see me because I am "advanced" in my pregnancy. I am 14 weeks.

Try to get on the books ASAP. Congrats on the move! We are hoping to move to NC with a job transfer in a few months.

BabyFetus Ticker
    BFP May 2017. 
    BFP July 2014. Low Progesterone. DS born by repeat c-section for breech presentation.
    BFP November 2011 TWINS!!!. Lost a twin at 7 weeks. DS born VBAC.
    BFP July 2009. DD born via c/section for breech presentation.
    BFP Jan. 2009. Missed miscarriage at 9 weeks.D&C March 2010
    December 2009 - Diagnosed with bicornuate uterus.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Hello!  We just relocated here from PA last month for my new job. Do you have any idea where in the Triangle you will be living or looking to live?  That might help you narrow down your choices.  I knew we would be looking in the Cary area so I focused my search in that area for convenience. After a recommendation and reading reviews online I ended up at Physicians For Women. My first appointment went well. 

Seconding the recommendation not to wait to book your appointment.  I made my appointment a month in advance to make sure the practice was accepting new patients and to get on the schedule. I thought that would have been enough time for my records to transfer but my old doctor dropped the ball a bit. 

Good luck!  We love it here so far!  Feel free to send me a message if you have any questions.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"