Food Allergy

When should you see an improvement?

Hello,

Monday I was told to go completely dairy free because DD's mucousy poops tested positive for blood in them (but they were mucousy and yellow).  She also had vomiting a few times after I had a lot of dairy.  I am a little over 48 hours into eliminating all dairy.  I know it takes 2 weeks to clear my system but I thought there would be some improvement by now.  Today her poops have been green and she is much fussier than normal tonight.  What could be going on?

Re: When should you see an improvement?

• I am wondering the same thing myself.

I am 12 days in, and I haven't seen a significant change in her behavior.  She is overall less gassy, but her stool is still testing positive for blood. 

• It really did take us 2 weeks to see improvement.  I would be cutting out soy too if you don't see improvement in that timeframe.  My allergist told me that 60% of kids allergic to dairy are also allergic to soy.  GL!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • 2 days is kinda soon to see improvement.  However, if you don't see any improvement soon, like PP said, you should cut soy too.
    IAmPregnant Ticker Support with Integrity
  • It took about a week for DD to be noticeable better and like PP said it does take up to two weeks.  If she is still fussing after two weeks it may be something else that you are eating that could be irritating her.  GDLK! 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"