1st Trimester

When are you revealing?

Hello everyone, I am 5 weeks and am just bursting with excitement to tell all my coworkers. I have an ultrasound at 8wks and am trying to wait until at least then to tell people. I am so scared of a miscarriage. How long are you waiting before you tell your coworkers?
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: When are you revealing?

• We told immediately! As soon as i left the doctor's office with a postive answer, we called our closest friends and family and about a week later told everyone else... I think I was about one month along! I'll be 11 weeks on saturday! It's going by so fast!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • We've told most of our family. I'm trying to keep it a secret at work at least until my first appt, which isn't for another few weeks.
  • Loading the player...
  • Hello.

I'm six weeks, but JUST found out via pee-stick two days ago. (My periods usually come ever 40 days, not 28, and sometimes they come 58 days, and stuff like that, so I've got my hopes up a lot of times.) I told my husband, obviously, and my parents and my sister because she lives with us right now. But I haven't told the rest of my sibs, or anyone else. I'm dreading telling my job because I JUST got it, and the notion of having to tell them makes me want to hurl... along with a lot of other things. ;)

Hello, I'm rambling.

I'm scared of a miscarriage too! I'm also worried that customers at work are going to invade my personal space and privacy. I need boundaries! 

• Immediate family and close friend's know, but we are revealing after NT scan at 12 weeks! So for me on Friday!!! I cannot wait!
  • here's the funny thing.  we have each told about three or four close friends, and I have spilled the beans to my department & principal but DH wants to wait till the end of feb to tell our family & circle of friends.  I don't really understand his reasoning for the family part, I think it has to do with him wanting to stall our mother's advice & "meddling" especially since this is our first baby & we had the whole breast cancer thing in 2010, but I still find it odd.  It takes all my willpower to NOT tell my mom when I call her...but...I am respecting his request and not telling family for another month.  I wish we could tell everyone.  I want to scream it from the rooftops but I'll whisper it in my heart instead.
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker "You are not here merely to make a living. You are here to enable the world to live more amply, with greater vision, and with a finer spirit of hope and achievement. You are here to enrich the world. You impoverish yourself if you forget this errand." - Woodrow Wilson
  • We told my DH's older sister who lives in CO right after we found out, so I had someone that was family to talk to but who didn't talk to the family on an everyday basis. We just told one of our close friends on Monday night (8 1/2 weeks roughly), she was so excited. We are telling my parents on Saturday  I'll be about 9 1/2 weeks. My first u/s is Saturday so we want to have a picture to show them also along with we are announcing it with giving them onesies that state "I <3 my grandma" and "I <3 my grandpa". We are shipping something similar to my brother but it says uncle. We are telling our co-workers on valentines day with onesie sugar cookies, my boss is a *** so she'll find out when all my co-workers find out. I am telling the person who hired me at my job eithe r this weekend or next because his family I have known my whole life.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We will be waiting to "go public" until after 12 weeks. 

Last time we waited to tell EVERYONE until then. This time we have already told our families and a few close friends. 

Not in TX any more! - Central PA
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We told our parents about 5 1/2 - 6 weeks. (Christmas)

We were going to wait until the 2nd trimester to tell anyone else, which happens to fall on Valentine's Day.

But after our appointment at 11 weeks, we told the grandparents and aunts & uncles we were expecting. And then they started posting about it on Facebook.... Hmm I was a little annoyed about that...

So I went ahead and made my announcement at work at 11 weeks, since I have a lot of co-workers I'm Facebook friends with.

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • A couple of people at work know as do my two closest friends, but we're waiting to tell my Mum when she visits (in 3 weeks) and then we'll tell the rest of the families.
  • What kind of work do you do that you feel your customers would invade your space?  Congrats on the great news and welcome!
  • We are going to tell our families at 11 or 17 weeks (when we are around them).  We will tell friends after that. Everyone is different. I think 5 weeks is way too early, after personally going through a loss. There is usually one or two losses on the first tri board almost every day Sad, and I just dont want to risk telling people in case I miscarry. But, that is me.. everyone is different.

• I have told a few people (that I know don't have big mouths) at work. My older sister knows also because I had to call her and ask her a question.

The rest of the adults in my family will find out Feb 18th when my little sister comes home for the weekend. My first appointment is on Valentine's Day, so I feel like it's ok to tell family after that.

I am waiting as long as I can, depending on when I start to show, to tell EVERYONE at work. I plan on taking 12 weeks of time after baby is born, so I am thinking I may need to tell my supervisor sooner rather than later. 

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers Oct Angel Babies boots badge
  • I told them at about 5 weeks because I was already quite nauseated and couldn't hide it easily. We told everyone we are somewhat close to around that time.  We told everyone else after our first US (showing heartbeat) at 8w3d.
  • We told immediate family only at 8 weeks (christmas), I told 1 co-worker but I had a valid reason too and of course all people who needed to know (hairdresser who is looking into natural dye, massage therapist...)

We told one of our best friends (a couple) this past weekend and I will tell my best girlfriends this weekend after having my first u/s.  The rest we will tell as we see them but I don't want to do a facebook announcement yet.  I'm still worried something will go wrong :S

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I told my mother immediately.  His parents were next (I think I was 5 weeks).  Closest friends at about 6-7 weeks.  Everyone else will hear at 12-13 weeks.  Work when I start to show.
    August 2012's May Siggy challenge: Favorite TV mom:
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • We've told a few close friends and family, but we are trying to hold out for twelve weeks.  It's so hard!!
  • I would like to wait until 12 weeks. We were able to hold out for that long last time, but I'm not sure I can wai!!
  • I have my next dr. appt. on 2/14, and we will announce after. Trying to come up with a cute fb announce (since it is how my extended family will find out). Some people know, but only people really close to us. on the 14th I will almost be 13 weeks, so I figure I will feel comfortable then. Having had previous loss I was too scared this time to spill the beans to many people b/c of worrying about the possibility of having to un-tell them later.
    imageimage
  • our very close friends and family we told right away pretty well. I have my first u/s on the 5th of march i will be about 13 weeks by then. After I see that my baby is healthy and moving thats when i will tell work. Its very hard to keep such an exciting secret though!!

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Hello and Congrats!

I told my friends and coworkers right when I found out. Then we told my parents shortly after that and I wasn't even 5 weeks yet!

But...I am a nurse aide and work in a dementia and alzheimer's unit, so I work with some violent patients. I felt that I needed to tell them to keep both me and the baby safe and healthy. I'm now almost 16 weeks.

Whenever you feel most comfortable or when you feel like it is most important to inform people (:

Congratulations!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"