Parenting after 35

Day 2 at Daycare and a cold!

I am pretty sure that it was starting on the weekend, but LO has managed to pick up a cold :(  She is a bit congested, but I got a lot of it out after our shower with the nose freida....as gross as that thing is, it works SO well. 

I also have one of the Vicks Plug in things and I have found that really helps.  Here's hoping it runs its course quickly.

Re: Day 2 at Daycare and a cold!

• Poor little girl.  Hate to say it but our kids were sick off and on the entire first year.  Both got sick the first week, DD with a double ear infection.  The first year was rough but now, the kids don't get sick very often at all so that immunity does get built up!  Hope she feels better soon.

DD -- 5YO
    DS -- 3YO

• mwdmwd member

try a vicks vapo-rub or equivalent, and try a vaporizer bath. I have found the store brands of both of these items to be very good.  Good luck!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • speedy healing  LO!!

We've been SO lucky with colds etc - only one little sniffle cold (that I exaggerated so that *I* could stay home with him)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Oh no! I hope she's feeling better soon! I second the vapor bath. We use the Up & Up brand from Target and it's Smile
  • My LO got sick the first week of DC as well. It's been a pretty consistent runny nose since the end of August. I refer to it as the daycare kennel cough syndrome. I hoep your LO feels better soon! The Nose Freida is the best invention, like, EVER. Even though my LO hate having her face wiped or snot sucked out, it's great. Boogie Wipes are great as well. the saline in the them is supposed to help break up the boogers. We also got an old school vaporizer that helps with the congestion and the dry air in my house.
    BFP #2 5/31/12 CP 5w2d 6/4/12 BFP #3 7/9/12 EDD 3/8/13 Another Girl!! Lilypie Pregnancy tickersBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"