C-sections
Options

Trying to picking a date...

The doctor told me that we can schedule the c/s after May 27, and my due date is June 2. DS's birtday is on Jan 30th and i thought it would be cute to have both children on the 30th. But the only day that someone in our family doesnt have a birthday is May 31. Would you pick that day just so LO doesnt share a birthday? Is it really a big deal if LO shares a birthday or am I just being weird. 
Married since June 2007 ~ TTC June 2007 BFP #1 8/24/07 ~ M/C 10/31/07 Emergency D/C (8w) BFP #2 5/22/09 ~ DS born 1/30/10 BFP #3 8/22/11 ~ EDD 6/2/12 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Trying to picking a date...

• Options
    I would pick the 31st
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Personally, I would pick the 30th. My two are born on the 13th and 14th, and I thought it would've been even cooler if they were both born on the 13th.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My DS will be 2 on march 18, and I scheduled my RCS for march 19. I want DS and DD to have different days so they can still have their own special days growing up. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I would pick a separate day. I had to pick between November 3rd and 4th (the 4th is my birthday) and I picked the 3rd because I want her to have her own special day.
    Mom to E, 11/2011 - Severe egg & dairy allergies, soy intolerance *** Stepmom to G, 2001
  • Options
    My mom got to pick a date with my sister and she picked my grandpa's birthday.  She grew up sharing March 12 with my grandpa and it gave them a special bond.  I think you need to pick a day that you want even if someone else has a birthday on that day. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I think it's nice if everyone has their own day, if possible.

That being said, how close are you with the person with the May 30th birthday?  If it's a more distant relative I wouldn't worry about it.  A sister/brother/cousin would be a little different for me. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    My LO was born on May 31 so I'm partial to that day. But I think it's cute to have your LOs both on the 30th - are you close to the person who has the birthday on May 30? If not then I don't think it matters. ETA: I know the idea of having a "special day" is cute but on the other side, my sister and I have the same birthday! We are 5 years apart. It was always really neat sharing a birthday and there was never any jealousy with gifts or anything like that. So it's not always a bad thing!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Kate was born on 12/5, and my doctor wants to do the RCS on 4/4. I'm not gonna lie, I have though about convincing her to do it 4/5 instead so they would both be on the 5th.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I labored with two of my children, so they are two different months, the 22nd, and 26th.  With my third,(no VBAC option) I  chose the 26th so the boys would have the same date (different month).  Now with my fourth...It will be the 22nd after my daughter if it is a girl, or 26th if it is another boy!  My brothers and I have 5th/6th dates which were a coincedence and we never forget each others birthdays.  Everyone is different!  I just think it is fun!  Do what YOU want, and don't listen to others.
  • Options
    imageTroutByGrace:

I think it's nice if everyone has their own day, if possible.

That being said, how close are you with the person with the May 30th birthday?  If it's a more distant relative I wouldn't worry about it.  A sister/brother/cousin would be a little different for me. 

The28th is DS's second cousins kids who will be 5 this year which we see about 6 times a year and 29th is DS's cousins wife which we see once a year and the 30th is DS's second cousins kid which we see for every holiday and once a month or so for birthday parties. He will be 17 this year. I think we may go with the 29th just because we dont see her very often or wait til the 31st.

Married since June 2007 ~ TTC June 2007 BFP #1 8/24/07 ~ M/C 10/31/07 Emergency D/C (8w) BFP #2 5/22/09 ~ DS born 1/30/10 BFP #3 8/22/11 ~ EDD 6/2/12 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"