Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

How do you address the, "why's?"

I keep getting sucked into the endless, "why? why? why?" conversations with DS.  How do you deal with them?  (I'm talking about when he asks why repeatedy after you ask him to do something).
Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: How do you address the, "why's?"

• Options
    LOL- a great negotiator.  I generally try not to lose patience if it's just trying to get information, or even testing the limits of the conversation.  But if I felt like she were trying to get out of what I asked, I'd answer once ("Because if you don't put your shoes on, you could step on something dangerous outside,).  Then I would say, "I'm glad your curious and I'll answer you as soon as you're ready to go."  And any response than "yes, Mommy, I'm going to do that right this instant." would get the stern mommy voice, "Shoes.  Now."
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imagefredalina:
    I turn it around. "Why do YOU think?" ... "Oh, you know what? You may be right."

^ This!

Natural hospital birthing, babywearing, cloth diapering, co-sleeping, Baby Led Weaning, milk donating, extended breastfeeding, fully vaxing, extended rear facing SAHM to:
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageSortaCrunchy:

imagefredalina:
    I turn it around. "Why do YOU think?" ... "Oh, you know what? You may be right."

^ This!

thritto

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    So I tried the "why do you think" today.  The first time, he looked a little stunned...then the second time and all future times, he responded by asking me "why do YOOOUUUU think?" hahahaha.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Ha, kids are hilarious. DD has been on the "why's" for months and it's not just when I tell her to do something. It's everything. Once I've exhausted my explanations I finally give up and say "Just because." Now anytime I ask DD "Why" she says "Just cuz."
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Daisypath Wedding tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"