Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Addition to the FB rant

There seems to be a lot of issues with FB right now...and rightfully so! I was browsing through my news feed tonight and I see all of these comments on the woman's wall about how "they can't wait to hold her little nugget" and "congrats" yadda yadda...well I see this woman multiple times throughout the week and didn't know/think she was pregnant. As it turns out...her and her girlfriends basically lied and wanted to see how the pregnancy rumor would spread like wildfire on FB. I found this to be extremely hurtful and insensitive. Anyone agree?!?
Married my best friend 8/05/11 BFP: 1/19/12 Natural M/C: 1/28/12 @ 6wks3d 3/12 Officially TTC

Re: Addition to the FB rant

• Options
    That's the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard.  And this is a grown woman?
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I find that very offensive as well. I'm so sorry you had to see that. :(
    It was a rough road, but Arlo Daniel was born April 1, 2013—and our second rainbow is due October 12, 2014.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

That's really sick. I would unfriend her or block her so I didn't have to see such childishness. I can't understand someone who would do that over the age of maybe 15.

People need to act like they got some sense. I'm also sorry you had to see that. And sorry someone thought it would be a good idea to post something like that.

As long as I live, you will be loved. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers PGAL/PAL welcome.
  • Options
    Well isn't that just a punch in the tit. One of my close friends did that not long after my mc and I've got to admit, I was freaking excited. I had visions of becoming a sort of Aunty and of spoiling her baby rotten and it was all bs. We don't talk now. I really can't see how anyone could be friends with such an idiot.
  • Options

imageyougrindmygears:
    That's the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard.  And this is a grown woman?

Yes Agreed 100%.

I'm sorry that you had to deal with that.

Miscarriage in January 2012 at 8 weeks
    Subsequently diagnosed with low P4, LOR. MH DX low motility, varicocele 
    BFP in July 2012 (Gonal-f + trigger + IUI#2 (B2B) + prometrium)
    Lost Baby A prior to 7 weeks; large SCH; Baby B (Bug) was born in March 2013
    BFP June 2014; EDD February 19, 2015
  • Options
    @ yougrindmygears...yes it was a grown woman. You would think people would be more sensitive and mature...this isn't high school. I mean we're in our mid 20s for crying out loud.
    Married my best friend 8/05/11 BFP: 1/19/12 Natural M/C: 1/28/12 @ 6wks3d 3/12 Officially TTC
  • Options

YIKES!  That is just really bizarre!  And that was supposed to be, what, entertaining?  Proving a point? Just baffling. 

FB is a treacherous place for me right now, although I think I've finally managed to hide from my news feed the more overwhelming photos and updates.  I'll un-hide them when I'm feeling stronger.  But there is a case where maybe it's just time to unfriend! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"