Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

I have to hand it to you ladies

I was floating around in lala-land before I came off the pill thinking TTC would be a breeze.... well then I popped open my laptop and started lurking on here and now I am scared out of my mind.  I have been off the pill two previous times and always had regular cycles afterwards, however, this time I am now on CD 33 and waiting for any sign of....anything??? I just want AF to show so I can start temping and chart a cycle to see what's going on.  I am going through all kinds of wacky symptoms from coming off BCP and I feel like I have no idea what my body is doing.  

For those of you who have been at this for a while and even those of you who just started I wish you nothing but big heaping piles of glittery baby dust!! I am glad I came here because I have a feeling I am in for some crazy ups and downs.

Re: I have to hand it to you ladies

• Options
    Thank you! I can't wait to get started :) GL to you too
  • Options

imagejefa621:
    Don't be scared!  This board is just mostly full of realists.  We don't really blow cotton candy or confetti up anyone's a$$.  Temping is great because you will really see a clearer picture of your cycle.  Takes a lot of the guess work out of questions like what you're going through right now with your cycle. You probably just ovulated later than normal and thats why your period is delayed.  GL!  and Welcome :)

I agree with this. And don't be too scared about TTC - for some people, it really is a breeze, and that's great. It's the women who are like "ZOMG, we had sex every day last cycle, and I'm STILL NOT PREGGO, what's wrong with me? We've been trying for a whole month!!!" who are out of touch with how TTC actually works. If you're temping and realize that each cycle with good timing a healthy couple only has a 20% chance of getting pregnant, then you're off to a good start.

Welcome!

BFP1: DD1 born April 2011 at 34w1d via unplanned c/s due to HELLP, DVT 1 week PP
    BFP2: 3/18/12, blighted ovum, natural m/c @ 7w4d
    BFP3: DD2 born Feb 2013 at 38w4d via unplanned RCS due to uterine dehiscence

• Loading the player...
  • Options

And I can tell you that coming to this board rather than going to some of the other ones out there on other websites, is definitely a step in the right direction, as the information you'll find on here is much more accurate than on some other sites.  The ladies here are VERY knowledgeable!  Here (for the most part), you won't get people saying "OMG I'm 2 DPO and I think I'm Pregnant!!!" or things like "my boobs hurt, and I'm nauseous and dizzy, but it's only been 3 days since I ovulated... I think these are early pregnancy symptoms!"

This is my 4th cycle off BC, my 2nd cycle TTC and my 1st cycle charting, and I must say... charting is definitely something that has calmed me down... it has forced me to step back and realize that my body is so used to being on BC (I was on it for 8 years) and that most of the physical things I experience around the time of AF are totally normal symptoms of AF and PMS, but that I wasn't feeling them because of the BC.  Yes, they are all very similar to pregnancy symptoms (sore boobs, nausea, dizziness, increased appetite, etc.) but the best way to know for sure what is happening is by temping, since they say if your temp stays elevated for 18 days in a row after O, then there's a good chance you could get a BFP.  Today my temp went up to 98.13 from the 97.4-7 range, so I'm just starting the 2WW.  AF should come right around Valentine's Day, which means I'll at least know if I can drink during Mardi Gras!!!

• Options

Welcome. We're glad you're out of lala-land but our goal isn't to scare you out of your mind.  Charting will help you know if you ovulated late, which then pushes back when you would expect your period.   

imagekateraid:

I was floating around in lala-land before I came off the pill thinking TTC would be a breeze.... well then I popped open my laptop and started lurking on here and now I am scared out of my mind.  

For those of you who have been at this for a while and even those of you who just started I wish you nothing but big heaping piles of glittery baby dust!! 

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic about the glittery baby dust because I haven't had enough coffee yet.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imagejefa621:
    Don't be scared!  This board is just mostly full of realists.  We don't really blow cotton candy or confetti up anyone's a$$.  Temping is great because you will really see a clearer picture of your cycle.  Takes a lot of the guess work out of questions like what you're going through right now with your cycle. You probably just ovulated later than normal and thats why your period is delayed.  GL!  and Welcome :)

Yes 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imagekateraid:
    Thank you! I can't wait to get started :) GL to you too

I started temping mid-way through my first cycle just to see what my temps would do and to try to get used to temping.  You could start now and then if you see your temp start to drop it may indicate AF is coming.  It never hurts to start early!!  One thing that starting early taught me is that I would need to wake up earlier than my regular wake up time to make sure I got accurate temperatures because I found that I rarely actually slept until my alarm went off.  So it can teach you things like that to prepare you for your first cycle.

GL!!

Me: 43 DH: 39 - AMA, DOR
    Mommy to Sami (IVF), Born 8.30.13
    Surprise non-assisted BFP - 12.29.2014, Beta 1 = 322, Beta 2 = 760
    EDD 9.7.2015

BabyFruit Ticker 

• Options
    Not being sarcastic at all... this is a lot harder than I thought and I can see how it would be an emotional rollercoaster.  
  • Options
    This is a really good idea.  I am off to the Dominican on Friday (was hoping I would have AF before then so it was over before I left) but once I get back I am going to get a good thermometer and start so I know what's going on.  I will be posting chart questions I'm sure!! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"