TTC after 35

Gluten-free, dairy-free, sugar free

Hi all,

I am new here so don't have all of the lingo down quite yet. :)  My husband and I were married May 2010 and have basically been TTC since then.  He is 41, I am 36.

I wanted to see if any of you are drastically changing your diet while TTC.  My holisitc/integrative medicine doctor and acupuncturist have both recommended no gluten, dairy or sugar.  I'm on day #2 and plan to do it for at least 30 days to see how I feel.  I also read "The Infertility Cure" about how Chinese medicine/lifestyle has worked for so many women (particularly over 35) and the author recommended the same. 

Any thoughts?  Anyone else doing this?

Thank you.

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Gluten-free, dairy-free, sugar free

• That's a great book! I'm 35. My TCM dr convinced me to delay TTC a few months to get my body in peak performance. I definitely feel stronger from the inside and as the weeks go by my chart looks a bit closer to the ideal.

As far as diet goes, there's a lot not on the menu anymore! Basically I just eat whole grains and a lot of organic fruits and steamed veggies. Its a bland diet but I feel good so its not hard to stick to. Things that are gone: caffeine, dairy, refined sugars, processed foods, butter and soy. I don't purposely avoid gluten but have vigorously cut out all soy because of a fibroid.

I hope you get the results you want from the diet change. Keep with it!

• I don't do gluten-free, dairy-free, sugar free.  There was a large study, conducted over many years by Harvard, that suggested that one serving of full fat dairy a day actually increased fertility.  I have switched to whole grains and raw sugar.  My acupuncturist and every one else involved in getting me pregnant recommended that I start eating red meat.  After not eating red meat or pork since I was 18, I am actually enjoying the new foods in my diet.

Good luck on your diet.

BFP on IVF #2 6/29/2012. Beta #1 7/3 = 522; Beta #2 = 1180; Beta #3 = 6491 image BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I cut out sugar about six months ago, and have drastically reduced the amount of gluten in my diet. I did quit caffeine and alcohol for awhile too, but have recently started coffee in the morning and wine on the weekends. My motives were more than pregnancy, though - I was trying to decrease my anxiety, lose weight and sleep better. It's made a huge difference. My acupuncturist actually recommends full-fat dairy products, so I regularly indulge in whole milk and full fat yogurt. 

I think there is something to all of the TCM dietary rules, but I try not to get too carried away with it since I enjoy food so much and I don't want TTC to take ALL the joy out of my life!

TTC #2 since July 2010
    FSH = 11 (20 on day 10 of CCCT)/ AMH = .98 / AFC=12ish
    5 IUI's with oral meds = all BFN
    March 2012 IVF (MDL Protocol) Started stims 3/3; ER 3/11 (9R, 8M, 7F) ET 3/16 (5dt of 2 blasts graded 3AB and 3BA, 3 frosties(!!) Beta 3/26 = 386; Beta 3/28 = 827; u/s 4/11 says TWINS! Boy/Girl Twins delivered at 36 weeks 6 days

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • This sounds exactly like what I've been doing.

Everyone's body chemistry is so very different. There is no one single way of eating that will of the best benefit to everyone, so it's important to eat according to what's right for you. 

Pregnancy Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

Beat stage 4 Hodgkins Lymphoma May 2011, YEAH!!!

BFP 3/30/12, with fingers and toes all crossed.

AMA (37) + GD = HR, grr.

EDD 12.12.12

• i try to be balanced. I would be miserable cutting out something so stringently.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"