Houston Babies
Options

Starting the TTTC process again

We are finally at the point where we are ready for another baby and since I'm not getting any younger and my cycles are worse than before, I meet with my new RE on Wednesday. I am excited and terrified of starting this process over.

But DH and I have a clear idea of what we are up for and how far we want to go to expand our family. I guess it is good to have set our expectations up front and know that if it isn't meant to be, we will be very happy with the family we have.

And oddly, I feel kinda bad for wanting another baby. I feel like that somehow says we aren't satisfied with DS, which couldn't be farther from the truth. And this morning DS was very clingy and had a horrble drop off at school. It makes me wonder if there is some weird way he knows. I blame my weird feelings and irrational theory on wacky hormones.

Here we go again...

Dx: PCOS and short luteal phase
18 cycles (3 with our RE) - Metformin + Clomid + HCG booster did the trick!
BFP #1 6/22/09 EDD: 3/2/10 DS born: 3/8/10

TTC #2 since Dec 2011
BFP #2 7/8/12 EDD: 3/18/12 M/C @ 9w1d: 8/16/12

Re: Starting the TTTC process again

• Options

Congrats!  That is very exciting news.

I had a lot of guilt and weird feelings  with my pregnancies and ttc, too.  I think it's pretty normal.

I hope you are surprised with an easy ttc journey this time around! 

Mom to Alex - 8.29.06, Foster - 1.22.09, Emily - 6.24.11 imageimageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Thanks! And I am so glad to know I'm not the only one to have these type of feelings.

TTC #2 since Dec 2011

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagekjr:

I had a lot of guilt and weird feelings  with my pregnancies and ttc, too.  I think it's pretty normal.

Ditto everything she said. I have lots of guilt this time around because it wasn't planned and I feel terrible that B isn't getting the "baby" time that G got. Hormones are mean and put lots of crazy thoughts in your head. 

I hope it's a fast process for you this time!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    imageKimmer123:
    imagekjr:

Ditto everything she said. I have lots of guilt this time around because it wasn't planned and I feel terrible that B isn't getting the "baby" time that G got. Hormones are mean and put lots of crazy thoughts in your head. 

I hope it's a fast process for you this time!!

I bet that is hard. I still call Evan "the baby" sometimes when I am talkig about him and he is almost 2. Just know that each of your boys will be your baby, even when they are 35. And I'm sure B will want to be more like his big brother than the baby.

Aren't hormones cruel?

TTC #2 since Dec 2011

• Options

Good luck to you guys!

I just want to add that, while it's not right for every family and there is nothing wrong with onlies, a brother was one of the greatest gifts I ever gave my son. His life is richer for it. When you have something wonderful, like your DS, why wouldn't you want to do it again? The world can always use more wonderfulness! 

• Options
    imagerayskit10:

Good luck to you guys!

I just want to add that, while it's not right for every family and there is nothing wrong with onlies, a brother was one of the greatest gifts I ever gave my son. His life is richer for it. When you have something wonderful, like your DS, why wouldn't you want to do it again? The world can always use more wonderfulness! 

Thanks! And that is a wonderful perspective. My life would have been so much different without my brother - I can't even imagine it.

TTC #2 since Dec 2011

• Options
    imagerayskit10:

Good luck to you guys!

This is such a great sentiment (change brother to sister for our family).  I could go on and on about how much my kids adore each other.  Don't get me wrong they do fight and bicker but I can't imagine my first child thinking us wanting another had anything to do with not being "satisfied" with him. 

And good luck also. 

image Oh Joy to the World!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"