3rd Trimester

36 weeks along, belly rash

Hey i have this rash that just came about all over my belly, it itches intensly, and it feels like my belly is sunburned.  I'm sure its the skin stretching, but i'm not sure about these little bumps all over the affected area.  I have been putting Palmer's Cocoa Butter oil and body butter on my belly to prevent stretch marks, and have been doing so since 1st trimester.  Could i just NOW be having a reaction to the stuff?  Has anyone else had a rash in the last weeks?  Should i worry?  I know already to ask my doctor about this, and i plan to do so as soon as my next appointment but i just wanted to get some feedback from mom's who have been there.  Thanks!

Re: 36 weeks along, belly rash

• I'm at 34 weeks and had an appt. today and, ironically, just broke out with a little rash on my belly and hips just this morning. I failed to mentioned it and the Dr. didn't seem concerned since he would have had to see the rash when he did my belly measurements. So, not sure, but doesn't seem like anything to be alarmed about.

• It sounds like "winter bumps" to me. Dry air and stretching skin I'd avoid using lotion with scent (even cocoa butter) as wierd as it sounds corn huskers oil and baby oil both worked for me
  • Loading the player...
  • I had a rash like this... it might be PUPPP (that's what I had). If it is, there is this soap you can use that will help with the itching and cure the rash. It's called Grandpa's Pine Tar soap, and you can get it at a health food store, or online on Amazon or Drugstore.com or something.

Your doc will probably prescribe a steroid cream, but I swear to you the soap works. It smells gross, but I had this SO BAD 2 weeks ago, and since I started washing my belly with the soap 2-3x a day, it is gone. It spread to my armpits and legs but my belly is healed. It's good for other skin conditions too so even if it isn't PUPPP, it might help.

I'm seriously not usually a believer in natural/homeopathic stuff, but I was going insane from itching and that soap got rid of it.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"