Natural Birth

XP: Question about babywearing.

I know this isn't natural birth related, but I know we tend to float around the same circles, so I'm sure at least a few of you will have an answer for me. =) The attachment parenting board tends to be really slow.

Whats the earliest I can wear my LO when she gets here? Can I wear her as soon as I'm ready to, or are there signs of readiness from her I should listen to?

I've tried just about every way to word this to search for it on google and nothing is coming up with an answer to my question.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: XP: Question about babywearing.

• As soon as you're ready. Just make sure whatever carry you're using has good head support. I think I wore DS for the first time when he was 3 days old.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • As long as you're using an appropriate carrier (that supports her whole body and neck and leaves her visible and kissable), you can start as soon as you're feeling physically up to it. I think I started at around a week. I liked my mei tai the soonest, but I didn't have my ring sling right away. Most people like wraps for newborns (like the Moby).
  • Loading the player...
  • I started using my Moby wrap right away.  The directions show which holds are best for newborns.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

med-free birth x2, breastfeeding, baby wearing SAHM
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    My BFP Chart

• Thanks ladies! Not only am I really excited about using my wrap, but I'm a nanny and plan on going back to work asap so being able to wear her immediately would be a life saver!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • alot of slings have weight requirments, usually 8 pounds (which is average for a 1 week old full term baby) not sure which sling you are using, but check out the website or package it was sold in for the weight and the proper way to carry your newborn

View Full Size Image  View Full Size Image
  • I started using the Moby wrap when DD was just a few days old.  That's the only way I could get anything done, she never liked the swing/bouncy, it was either hold her or carry her in the Moby.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"