April 2011 Moms

Baby Pneumonia: Warning: Vent

I've got to get this out. So Sorry ahead of time!

LO came down with Pneumonia last week. And has Thank You God And Every Other Deity and Goat and Cow and Temple and Anything Else Deemed Holy- has turned the corner. She's been on breathing treatments every 4 hours and has horked on every single last surface in the house. And you know what? I'm OKAY with that. I've 5 horky loads of laundry every day. There were some very scary hours there for a while and I was on the phone with the doctors more times than I care to count. And I'm not an alarmist. I've seen most of the "show", and pathophysiology is my major. I Get it. But you know what? When it's your own child- sometimes logic/book learnin' goes out the window with the lack of sleep. And Coughy-I-can't-breathe-babies freak me out!!!

Today tho. Ahhh today. She's kept down 3 whole ounces and some squash (her fav) and hasn't horked yet. And no fever in 36 hours!

It's a GREAT Day! Sorry this sounds like a crazy person. I hope NONE of you experience this and if you do- Call me.

Re: Baby Pneumonia: Warning: Vent

• Sorry your LO had to go thru all that...but hooray for no fever for 36 hours!  And of course keeping food down, that's awesome!
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I am glad she is on the mend. I totally get it.  I have worked with kids for years and I was an EMT  but all of a sudden my baby spikes a fever and I panic.  WTH!! Glad that you are still positive!! Keep on, Mama!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • So sorry you had to go through all that :( Glad she's doing better! We haven't been through anything like that, but I know there's nothing worse than a sick baby :(
  • I'm glad she is doing better.
    Mommy to Violet 4/4/2011 and Linnea 2/10/2013
    Anniversary
  • Thank you ladies for all of your kind words! Sometimes it just feels SO GOOD to vent to internet strangers! Smile
  • I hope your LO keeps this good, healthy upswing! Hang in there, mama!
    TTC #2
    BFP 3/28/16 (EDD 12/9/16) * Chemical pregnancy
    ME: 40 yrs.old
    DH: 41 yrs.old
    DD: 5 yrs.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"