July 2012 Moms

I thought I'd have more time before...

the backaches started! UGH I had one week of pure bliss after the nausea stopped and before the backache began. Since Friday I've had constant pain in the middle of my back (mostly to one side) to varying degrees. In the beginning of the day it's just mild but by the end of the day I am absolutely miserable. I get back spasms and when I'm making a left turn when I'm driving I yell out in pain. It even hurts to sit or lay day. Anyone have any idea how long I can expect this to last? I'm crossing my fingers so tight that it's not the next 5 months... 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: I thought I'd have more time before...

• Find a good chiro. mine has worked wonders for me.
  • What shoes are you wearing? Are your ankles getting enough support etc? If you aren't getting support from the feet up it could be doing bad things to your back.
  • Loading the player...
  • I know it may not sound awesome right now, but so you exercise? I started and it has pretty much alleviated all my back pain. I do "The Perfect Pregnancy Workout" a dvd with Karyne Steben and prenantal yoga. The stretching in both of these is great!
    Pregnancy Ticker image
  • Also, if you have a desk job like me, getting one of the exercise balls to sit on has helped me greatly. Good luck
  • imageRebeccaS6627:
    Find a good chiro. mine has worked wonders for me.

This. I haven't had much back pain, but a girl in my prenatal yoga swears by her chiro. She said she could hardly walk in the office yesterday morning, but by the end she was hearing angels sing and doing a jig! Good luck!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageRebeccaS6627:
    Find a good chiro. mine has worked wonders for me.

This. I haven't had much back pain, but a girl in my prenatal yoga swears by her chiro. She said she could hardly walk in the office yesterday morning, but by the end she was hearing angels sing and doing a jig! Good luck!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thanks ladies for your helpful suggestions! As far as exercise I've been riding a stationary bike a few times a week but I'm been considering adding some prenatal workout videos in - sounds like I should. Today I also looked at my office chair and it was set on an unlocked position that meant the back leaned instead of staying up. So, I put it in the lock position and now I can have something to lean my back on. I think that really helped and my back already feels better. I'll add in a combo of heat, massage and hope I'm back to my old self in no time :) 

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"