Austin Babies
Options

~*Weekly PG Check-in*~

To join or update this list, please post here with your Nestie name, EDD, and prediction of baby's sex, actual sex if you know, or if it's a surprise!

Congratulations to Mrs.Froggiana on the birth of her new son!

Good luck to Jess.O on her due date!

Question of the week:   
What food have you been craving? Any big aversions?

Updates: How is everything going? Please share any updates you might have, including a recent bump pic!

Jess.O ? 2/1/12 (girl)
Balihaigirl ? 2/13/12 (girl)
Abh1977 ? 2/20/12 (surprise)
HSartteach ? 3/17/12 (surprise)
Fjaril ? 3/17/12
Baileybaby2010 ? 3/17/12
Angelaggie ? 3/31/12 (girl)
Esbeek ? 4/7/12 (boy)
FusionLMT ? 4/14/12 (girl)
Funkymonkeyohyeahhh ? 4/15/12
UTbride06 ? 4/20/12 (surprise)
Dapo2004 ? 4/21/12 (guess is girl)
Sweetdreams2000 ? 4/21/12 (girl)
FoxyHoff ? 4/22/12 (guess is boy)
Leigha23 ? 4/27/12 (boy)
Atlantic ? 4/27/12 (identical twin boys)
Michelleaxo ? 5/5/12 (girl)
Texasbeachbride ? 5/19/12 (surprise)
luluAXA - 05/26/12
justsummie- 6/3/12 (guess is boy)
August8080 ? 6/7/12 (girl twins)
nikison - 6/14/12 (boy)
kellenickle ? 6/17/12 (surprise)
Kitkatishbakk ? 6/21/12
ashleybritton ? 6/22/12 (boy)
Rach03k ? 6/30/12 (boy)
thethomps - 7/5/12
ndluvsrk - 7/9/12
KristieR2007 - 7/18/12
danabugg - 7/28/12 (surprise)
kirknsarah-8/16/12
ruthyk ? 9/4/12 (surprise)
MnMShaw ? 9/24/12
TheMcCombies ? 9/26/12 (surprise)

Here are the current standings: Team Blue: 7, Team Pink: 8, Team Green: 8 

Re: ~*Weekly PG Check-in*~

• Options

Update: Things are pretty much still the same. I'm feeling the baby move a lot which is fun! He's pushing/kicking pretty hard right now actually :)

QOTW: I have had some major fruit cravings this time. I could eat an entire carton of fruit in one sitting, no problem. Especially pineapple. Mmmmm I want some pineapple right now. 

I also had a "craving" for Vivo's brisket enchiladas on Sunday that required an immediate trip there for dinner. 

No aversions that I can think of this time! Surprising since that was a major thing during my last two pregnancies. 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

Update:  Not too much to update.  We're buying the nursery bedding this weekend so that's exciting!  I think I have the nursery all planned out, so I'm anxious to get started on that.  I hit 20 weeks today and I can not believe I'm halfway there already!

QOTW: I am craving pickles like crazy.  We have sliced pickles, pickle spears, pickle halfs, and gerkins in our fridge.  I like making pickle sandwiches - just pickle slices and bread.  I liked pickles before getting pregnant, but nothing like this.

My aversions are pretty annoying.  I can't stand chicken or fish, and I already wasn't a fan of red meat, so I'm having a hard time getting protein in.

I actually have a belly pic this week, but please ignore the tired look.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

12 dpo: HCG = 184 Progesterone = 34
    14 dpo: HCG = 529 Progesterone = 24.6
    My Blog
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Congrats again, Froggi!  And congrats to the new BFPs!

QOTW:  All I want is pineapple, pink grapefruit and soft pretzels.  I did make the hubs run to the grocery store tonight to pick up some fudge stripe cookies, which were delicious.  I am still having MAJOR food aversions to most meat.  I can usually choke down some meat at one meal a day, but I am tired of not feeling well and not being able to eat normally.  :(  

Updates:  I can really feel the baby moving, which is fun!  Two weeks until we find out if V is going to have a brother or a sister.  I can't wait.  And my bump still looks like a beer belly.  :)

No siggy pic until TB gets rid of Twitter and FB links Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

Moderator: My due date is now 4/3/12.

QOTW: My cravings and aversions change every couple of weeks. Sometimes I want a lot of protein, sometimes it repulses me.  During second trimester I couldn't seem to get enough grapes. Right now I have a crazy sweet tooth, and have been eating tons of carbs and fat, but I'm beginning to think about the after-effects, and trying to go back to a protein and veggie based diet. We'll see how that goes!

Update: Second trimester was sooooo gooooood. Now the baby has moved down some, and there's so much more pressure on my bladder and pelvis and everything down there. Trying to hang in, but I didn't expect this much discomfort so quickly. Otherwise, feeling excited and somewhat overwhelmed with everything we want to do before the baby comes. The nursery is still an office and our birth plan has yet to be written, but we'll get there ... just hope the baby stays put!

Good luck to everyone!

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options

Congrats to all the BFPs!

Add me to team BLUE!

Update: We had our a/s yesterday. It was long and I was tired. We had a resident do it first, then an ultrasound tech, then the doctor came in and did some more measuring/digging. I don't know if this is how it normally happens, but our ultrasound was over an hour long and holy moly, did I need to pee afterwards. Baby is healthy, everything looks great - the reason they all took so long was a medical error. (they pulled someone else's medical record for me and were all soo confused on why baby was measuring a certain size when my medical record said I should be at a different point in my pregnancy. They didn't catch it until the doctor came in and said, "So, Kristi, tell me about your early pregnancy..." Ugh, my name isn't Kristi, yo.

I am measuring a week ahead. Still can't feel baby move. Anterior placenta. Booooo. It amazes me how much the baby is moving in there and I can't feel a thing!

DX PCOS 2006 - Off BCPs since 1/09 - TTC #1 4 cycles clomid (50, 100, 150, 200) - FAIL, no O Multiple cycles clomid + femara - FAIL, no O 3 injectable cycles - FAIL Ovarian Drilling 6/2010. Several failed cycles follow. 11/2010 - "Hold" on IF treatment.
    10/24/2011 - Surprise BFP; EDD 6/21/12! BOY!

Sweet baby boy born 6/14 9lb 2oz via csection.
  • Options

Congrats on the babies born and the new BFPs!

QOTW:  I haven't had any cravings yet.  Actually, I will think that something sounds so good to me and then I eat it and it is awful.  It's weird. 

Update:  We get our first ultrasound a week from today and I am so excited!  We told our families we were pregnant this weekend and their reactions were priceless and I am so thankful we recorded them.  My mom screamed and then busted in to tears, it was awesome!

Blog
    TTC #1 since February 2011
    BFP #1 1/14/12 EDD 9/24/12 m/c at 8w4d on 2/20/12
    March 2012- Dx with PCOS, started metformin
    July 2012- SA completely normal
  • Options

QOTW:  I haven't had any major cravings yet, I am STILL having aversions [:'(s].  Thankfully they aren't as bad as they were in 1st/2nd tri.  I've found myself wanting something a little sweet occasionally in the evenings which is atypical for me.

Updates:  I failed my 1 hr glucose test this week, so I have to go back and do the 3 hr test on Friday.  Other than that, I'm feeling pretty good.  We did have a 3D/4D elective sono last week - so here's a pic!  I have an anterior placenta, so pics are a little blurry b/c baby girl likes to use the placenta as her pillow, lol.  The U/S teclh confirmed she'll definitely have DH/my chubby cheeks, haha.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

So many BFPs and babies! Hooray!

Update: I am 6 weeks today and it is sort of starting to feel more real. No real symptoms besides being very tired. I've been forcing myself to nap when DS does, which is helping. Otherwise it can be a loooong afternoon/evening!

QOTW: Food cravings - not really eating more, or anything different than I was before. I have made green bean casserole a few times in the past couple weeks (weird, I know)... I love it. Comfort food to me. I made it at least once a week when pg with DS.

Aversions? Um... to sex. Haha. 

I think I will take my first "belly" shot later today. I really liked being able to see the progression when I did this last time. There is nothing much to see yet, just a little bloat that gets worse by the end of the day. Can still wear regular jeans, but after dinner I have to unbutton them - teehee. 

Not in TX any more! - Central PA
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

could you add me please?  christym0606, EDD 10/9/12.

No cravings or aversions yet... if this pregnancy is like the last one, I've got a few more weeks before they kick in.

• Options

Welcome baby Froggi and all the new BFP's!

QOTW: I'm pretty much back to normal now but for the first 20-ish weeks everything was an aversion, pretty much.  I drink a lot more milk when I'm pregnant, and I do crave sweets but have to really avoid them.  I've been crazing a baked version of fried pickles that I found on pinterest too lately (although that may not be PG related) and I think my husband is going to make them for me today!

Update: After a week in the hospital, I've now been on bedrest at home since last Friday.  I will go to the doctor again tomorrow and HOPE that my cervix still has no change.  (oh, and also that I pass my GD test, but I'm not holding my breath on that one after my sugars were high in the hospital for a while after the steroid shots).  32 weeks is my current goal,  And I hope to get there and then push for 36 weeks.  It's BORING on bedrest, plus we're trying to potty train V too, which has been dramatic, to say the least.  I also can't have sex, or even get aroused, which is miserable to me...especially since if all goes as planned I'll be here another two months!  But the most important thing is that the babies are doing great.  They are kicking me HARD now and it's weird to feel two in there!

Photo by Melissa Glynn
  • Options

Congrats to all the new bfps and babies!

Update: not too much to report...  Finally feeling more energetic and no more puking! Yay! I have felt next to zero movement :(. I have a nice big anterior placenta. In fact, my OB has yet to even did the heartbeat with the Doppler. Every time I go, I end up with an u/s to find the trouble maker (which I don't mind!). She's always moving around in there, I'm just bummed not to feel it yet, it's my favorite part!

QOTW: still having major aversions to chicken and Mexican food. Basically the 2 main thing I ate before pregnant. My cravings come and go... Usually when someone mentions something :). My biggest consistent craving has been ice cold beer! 

• Options

Congrats again to Froggi!!

QOTW: I have been craving oranges, tangelos, orange juice.  Anything citrus.  Oh and cookies.  Damn cookies!! ;)

Updates: Feeling really tired and anxious for the baby to get here.  I have a feeling I'll be going overdue again...I was only 1cm and only 10% effaced at my last appt.  I've been having a ton of contractions but they seem to be doing pretty much nothing.  I'm really looking forward to finishing work - it's been extremely busy and I am just exhausted all day and can barely make it to 8pm every night.   I can't wait to at least be home to be able to squeeze some naps in.

Other than that, I think we're ready to go.  Our bags are packed and the nursery is pretty much done.  We're just waiting on the baby at this point.  ;)

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Would you add me?  March 28, 2012. 

Cravings-sweets, but can't have any because I have GD :(

Aversions-fish, shellfish are okay, but I just can't do regular fish

• Options

Congrats to Froggi and all the new BFPs! 

Update:  Last week I was 3 cm and 80% effaced.  My next appointment is tomorrow but I was really hoping to not need it.  I thought last night was it; I was having ctx 3-5 min apart for about 2.5 hours but they stopped.  Maybe today...maybe next week.  Who knows!  I'm trying to stop being so anxious and just enjoy the free time that I have left (but it's hard.) 

QOTW:  My main cravings have been barbecue sandwiches, brisket tacos from Jasper's and sweets.  I haven't really had any aversions or if I have they were back at the beginning and I've forgotten. 

• Options

Congrats to Froggi! Jess, I hope things get going for you soon!

Also a big congrats to all the new BFPs!

Update: Things are going fine. Anatomy scan last week showed that everything was perfect with me and the girls and that was a biiiig relief. I met with several doulas over the last few days and I'm pretty sure we're going to go with Ame S. from GetBabied. I'm ready to get that nailed down. Other than that, I'm just feeling big. At 21 weeks, my fundal height was 27 cm......and I've still got a long way to go! 

QOTW: First 18 weeks, food aversions were too many to list. Now it's not bad at all and usually just random. My cravings are mostly for sweets but that's not new to pregnancy, that's all the time :) I'm trying to get over 120 g/protein/day which involves a heavy duty protein shake and lots of red meat.....good times. Other than that, just so thankful to be growing healthy babies!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Options

QOTW: Craving sweets, and the damn cadberry eggs are out!  I have had about 6 in the past week!  No real aversions anymore.  

Update:  Feeling great!  We are starting work on the nursery this weekend and I'm so excited.! 

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    imageashleybritton:

Update:  Not too much to update.  We're buying the nursery bedding this weekend so that's exciting!  I think I have the nursery all planned out, so I'm anxious to get started on that.  I hit 20 weeks today and I can not believe I'm halfway there already!

QOTW: I am craving pickles like crazy.  We have sliced pickles, pickle spears, pickle halfs, and gerkins in our fridge.  I like making pickle sandwiches - just pickle slices and bread.  I liked pickles before getting pregnant, but nothing like this.

My aversions are pretty annoying.  I can't stand chicken or fish, and I already wasn't a fan of red meat, so I'm having a hard time getting protein in.

You look beautiful!!

• Options

Congrats to Froggi and new BFPs! An exciting week.

Update: 12 weeks tomorrow. NT scan on Monday. I'm excited and scared. Also ready to start telling more people!! Feeling pretty much the same--some good days and some bad days. Yesterday was a pretty good day, but Monday was awful. Really looking forward to feeling better in the second tri.

QOTW: Aversions: alcohol and Mexican. strange because pre PG I would eat El Mercado probably once a week. Oh well. I've had a few cravings, for cookies, ice cream, and the like, but that's not too out of character for me. I've also had some cravings for Chef Boyardee canned ravioli. That one was strange.

Pregnancy Ticker CP 4w1d March '11
    Clomid 50mg June '11 - BFN
    Clomid 100 mg Oct '11 - BFN
    Clomid 150 mg Nov '11 - BFP @9dpo! Beta#1 @10dpo: 22; Beta#2 @12dpo: 67 Beta#3 @18dpo: 1069! EDD 8-16-12
    My (mostly) business travel blog
  • Options

QOTW:  I've been craving citrus, grapes and pickles a lot and yesterday I needed some Asian food so we had Pei Wei for dinner.  As far as food aversions go, coffee and barbecue are the biggest ones.  Those smells just really turn my stomach and they really seem to linger.

Update:  I had an ultrasound on Monday and got to see the little peanut moving about and got to see it?s heartbeat.  It was so reassuring to see that little flicker on the screen and to seeing the peanut waving it?s little arms around.  And there's definitely just one little one in there.  With twins on both sides of our families, you just never know!  

• Options

QOTW: In the first few months, I had an aversion to pizza. Blapshemy, I know! But that's gone now, so I don't really have any cravings or aversions right now. Very grateful for that.

Update: My GTT is tomorrow morning and I am not looking forward to that! My weight gain went from nonexistent to supercharged over the holidays, so I'm also not looking forward to my weigh-in. We have our registries 98% complete and baby showers are scheduled! I'm excited! We still haven't touched converting the guest room to a nursery yet, but that is on the agenda for this month. We get our furniture the first week of March, so hopefully all of the painting/chair rail fun will be done by then and the guest bed in storage!

We have so much time, and so little to do! Strike that, reverse it.
    My Bio (wedding pics added 7/6)
    My 101
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageruthyk:

QOTW:  I've been craving citrus, grapes and pickles a lot and yesterday I needed some Asian food so we had Pei Wei for dinner.  As far as food aversions go, coffee and barbecue are the biggest ones.  Those smells just really turn my stomach and they really seem to linger.

Update:  I had an ultrasound on Monday and got to see the little peanut moving about and got to see it?s heartbeat.  It was so reassuring to see that little flicker on the screen and to seeing the peanut waving it?s little arms around.  And there's definitely just one little one in there.  With twins on both sides of our families, you just never know!  

Since I now know more than I ever thought I would......the twins running in families only matters on the woman's side and it's only "inheritable" if they're fraternal twins. Fraternal=you'd drop two eggs in one cycle and identical is just the egg splitting, which is considered a fluke and not passed down genetically. Crazy, huh?

• Options

QOTW: I've had some random food aversions. DH loves Dirty Martins - and just the thought of one of their sandwiches makes me green. Raw meat - something about the smell of it cooking/the juices involved...the whole bit bothers me. I have a slight aversion to eggs - I eat them weekly, and like them, but if I think too hard about eggs and their origin, or even look at raw eggs too long...well, it's a no egg week. As for cravings I want sugar and caffeine. I really want to try and live off of lemon loaf from Starbucks.

Update: I'm extremely emotional right now, and weepy. My blood pressure is still on monitor and all over the place. DH and I haven't settled on a full name yet, though he's dead set on having Duaine in the name. My mother hates Duaine and refuses to even use it. We've come up with 3 name choices, and one choice she's stated she'd rather call our son, "Hey Kid" over using the name. So...that's great. Maybe it's my hormones, but I really feel like people are cruel. 

• Options
    imageaugust8080:
    imageashleybritton:

You look beautiful!!

You are so sweet! Thank you, I'm feeling anything but beautiful today, so this made my day!

12 dpo: HCG = 184 Progesterone = 34
    14 dpo: HCG = 529 Progesterone = 24.6
    My Blog
  • Options

QOTW: At the beginning I wasn't into coffee or chicken.  Now, I don't really mind anything.  I am not currently craving anything either--I just am always hungry.

UPDATE:  I think Tiny has moved down a little as I am not having to pee all.the.time.  Which kind of sucks when I have things to get ready for the next class and I have to pee...I sometimes can't make it to the bathroom.  

Tiny is head down--yay!  (L was frank breech for the longest time so I was a little worried about that).  However, Tiny is sunny-side up.  (L was sunny-side and wouldn't come out--one reason I ended up with the c/s).  The midwife gave me some exercises to do and said that she wasn't too worried yet as I have time and room still.

Every time I think  I find a long-term sub, something happens.  We found this great woman, but she's not a certified teacher, so she's a no-go.  I've heard that some art teacher did apply to the posting about it, so hopefully, she will be the one.  I am tired of being in limbo about this.  I have started though to make my sub plans.  It's a lot harder than I thought.  My room is totally organized for me, but to someone whose never been there...

• Options
    imageaugust8080:

Since I now know more than I ever thought I would......the twins running in families only matters on the woman's side and it's only "inheritable" if they're fraternal twins. Fraternal=you'd drop two eggs in one cycle and identical is just the egg splitting, which is considered a fluke and not passed down genetically. Crazy, huh?

Isn't it that it that the "twin gene" (or whatever, lol) can be passed down from either/both the mother and the father, but the only one who would actually matter is the woman carrying the child? So, for example, my SIL is married to a (fraternal) twin. She is not more likely to have twins because neither of her parents passed her a twin gene (to our knowledge), but her daughters might be if they get the gene from their dad.

Right? I'm genuinely interested in this so let me know if I'm wrong :)

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    imageRach03k:
    imageaugust8080:

Isn't it that it that the "twin gene" (or whatever, lol) can be passed down from either/both the mother and the father, but the only one who would actually matter is the woman carrying the child? So, for example, my SIL is married to a (fraternal) twin. She is not more likely to have twins because neither of her parents passed her a twin gene (to our knowledge), but her daughters might be if they get the gene from their dad.

Right? I'm genuinely interested in this so let me know if I'm wrong :)

Yes! That's right. So for your SIL she has no twins in her family history but when her daughters go to have kids, they DO have twins in their family history.

• Options

QOTW: I always crave Taco Cabana while pregnant. The queso/ guac combo is just too yummy. Both pregnancies I've had major sweet aversions also, which is fine with me as it helps keep the weight gain down.

Update: Passed the GTT and not anemic, woohoo. Now just trudging along through third tri!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"