Working Moms

Not WM related: My MIL is gone.

It all happened so suddenly.  Her SO came home yesterday afternoon and found her unconscious.  She had a very weak pulse when the paramedics arrived and never did regain consciousness.  She coded six times during the night but fought back each time.  By this morning her systems were shutting down and she had no brain activity.   The ventilator was turned off at noon and she passed soon after.

We are all in shock and we still do not know the cause of death.  She was 58 years old.  

It is heartbreaking to watch DH and his brother deal with this.  They had a complicated relationship but of course loved their mother.  And her SO was with her for 14 years but has no legal standing in any of her affairs so that is hard to factor in as well.

Thanks for reading if you got this far.  I am supporting DH as best I can but needed to get this out.  Not a vent, obviously, but a bit of a release all the same.

My twins are 5! My baby is 3!

DS#2 - Allergic to Cashew, Pistachio, Kiwi

DS#3 - Allergic to Milk, Egg, Peanut, Tree Nuts and Sesame

Re: Not WM related: My MIL is gone.

• T&P to your DH and family! 
    PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am so, so sorry. You are in my thoughts.
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh no. I am very sorry for your loss and all of the pain your family is going through. (((hugs)))
  • I am so sorry. Your family is in my T&Ps.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm so sorry for you loss.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm so sorry for your loss.  You and your family are in my prayers.
  • I'm so sorry for your husband's and your loss. 
  • I am so so sorry to hear this. My MIL passed the day after Thanksgiving. It made for a very very rough holiday season. She was 66.

Sorry if this sounds weird, but just make sure you grieve too. I know I was so concerned about being supportive to my DH, my SIL, my niece, and just trying to be strong, that I never grieved myself. When I finally gave myself a chance, it hit hard. I lost her as well. Whatever your relationship is, you are going through a loss yourself. And I am so very sorry for your loss.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am so sorry. 
  • I am so very sorry for your loss.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am so sorry! T&P for you and your family.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFruit Ticker

• Wow, sorry for your loss. Hugs for your family during this sad and stressful time.
  • I'm so sorry!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Many thoughts, prayers and condolences to your family.  Hugs.
  • I am so sorry for your family's loss. 
  • I'm so sorry for your loss.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• So sorry about you & your family's loss. My T & P are with you...
  • T&P to your DH and his family.  I think it's hard sometimes when a family member or loved one passes away unexpectedly.  When one of my grandmas passed away, it was unexpectedly - she died in her sleep. I think it's harder when you don't get the chance to say goodbye.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm so sorry for your loss.  T&P for you all.

DD -- 5YO
    DS -- 3YO

• I'm sorry for your loss. What a shock! T&P to you and your family.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Wow - that is so sudden.  I hope they figure out what happened.  T&Ps.
  • I'm so sorry. I'm sure it's especially hard because it was so unexpected. T&P for you and your families.
    Annalise Marie 05.29.06
    Charlotte Ella 07.16.10
    Emmeline Grace 03.27.13
  • WOW, what?  Oh my goodness.  I saw your post and I thought you meant gone as in left town.  I thought, gee, she didn't mention she was sick.  This is crazy.  58??  So unfair.  I am so very sorry for you; your family is in my thoughts and prayers.  It is hard to be the support system - be sure to lean on others for support (including us).  ((HUGS))
  • imagefinancialdiva:

Sorry if this sounds weird, but just make sure you grieve too. I know I was so concerned about being supportive to my DH, my SIL, my niece, and just trying to be strong, that I never grieved myself. When I finally gave myself a chance, it hit hard. I lost her as well. Whatever your relationship is, you are going through a loss yourself.

This is so well said and what I was trying to say.  Hang in there. 

• I'm so sorry for your loss and your families; waht a shock!  I'll be thinking of you all.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • So sorry for your loss!
  • So sorry for your families loss!
  • Thanks so much to you all.  DH has been running on fumes the last two days and I have barely seen him alone.  Any time he starts to slow down the tears come.  I am hoping to have some quiet time with him tomorrow so he can take a moment to process some of this before the viewing on Thursday and mass on Friday.

And thanks for the reminder to take time to grieve myself.  I came home at midnight  yesterday after being at the hospital with MIL when she passed, then watching the kids in the family while others contacted the funeral home and made arrangements, then meeting at BIL's in the evening.  When I walked through the door with three sleepy, crying kids and saw the messy state my house was in after leaving in a rush I started to cry myself.  I was tired and overwhelmed but knew that had to be why I broke down like that.  I need to carve out some quiet time for myself as well. 

My twins are 5! My baby is 3!

DS#2 - Allergic to Cashew, Pistachio, Kiwi

DS#3 - Allergic to Milk, Egg, Peanut, Tree Nuts and Sesame

• I am so very sorry for your family's loss, and for the resulting pain.

Thinking of you.

imageimage
  • I'm a little late to this.  I just wanted to say that I'm very sorry for your loss.

My MIL passed almost the exact same way before we were married.  Her SO (who she had been with for 15+ years)  found her dead in her bed one morning.  We do know it was from Congestive Heart Failure.  It was hard for her SO, he was lost w/o her.  It's so hard to watch your DH go through this.  My DH and his mom were very close. We were in college at the time and he was about 4 hours away from her.  All I could do was stand by his side and support him.  That's really all you can do. 

Again, I'm so sorry for your family's loss.

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    DS born 8/8/09 and DD born 6/12/12.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"