June 2012 Moms

DIY projects for baby

Before I got pregnant I was so crafty and loved making new things. Now I have no energy and am not creative enough to come up with a project for this LO. What DIY projects have you all been working on? Feel free to put pictures up if you have them!

If I don't figure out anything to do I will buy some cute things I've found on Etsy, but really would like to be able to say I made it myself.

Pregnancy Ticker Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: DIY projects for baby

• Curtains... That's all. One we know the sex I'm going to crochet a blanket... But I feel like my creativity's zapped too :( no bueno.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I am learning to smock, and it is so much fun! I also plan to paint some simple canvases for art to match the bedding (which I might make if I ever detach myself from The Bump long enough).

• Loading the player...
  • I'm in the same boat as you. I absolutely love making crafts, but I haven't found the time (nor do I have the energy) to craft now. I'm planning on crocheting a blanket and a few hats for nb pics. We're also planning to cloth diaper, so I'll probably make some flannel wipes.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm doing a pacifier with a moustache attached to it making the baby look like it has a moustache, makes me laugh hysterically every time I see it :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Once I find out the sex of my baby tomorrow I am planning to start on a baby quilt.  I love sewing and did a bunch of DIY for DS, these are the quilts I made him and some of my other favorite projects.

imageimageimageimageimage 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • For DS, I made curtains, a taggie blanket, and a black/white/red cloth book with various images.  I'll probably "make" some burp cloths- sewing a panel of fabric on a prefold cloth diaper.  I want to make some sleepsacks too and a few no-sew tutus.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm a scrapbooker and I've been trying to catch up on all my photos, because I know once Ella is here I will take way too many pictures and be way behind in no time! But I've had no energy at all to do so! I'm just not motivated! I'm going to classes over the next 2 months so hopefully that will give me the push I need. 

I think I'm going to decorate the wooden letters with pattern paper and bows like another poster did in a post earlier this morning.. that looked so wonderful! 

Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • These all sound awesome! I have knit blankets for friends in the past who were expecting, and cant even summon  the energy to make my own for my own baby. I feel horrible, but I still have plenty of time I guess. Hopefully we can all share our projects towards the end of our pregnancies!
    Pregnancy Ticker Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • imageamber323:
    I'm doing a pacifier with a moustache attached to it making the baby look like it has a moustache, makes me laugh hysterically every time I see it :)

This is a cute idea - my DH's cousin did this for her little boy.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Elonah [3], Bentley [1]

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm a knitter, but there's not much to knit a baby born in Texas in June.  :(  I can knit for the fall, but it's kind of hard since I won't know measurements, etc.  
  • imageamber323:
    I'm doing a pacifier with a moustache attached to it making the baby look like it has a moustache, makes me laugh hysterically every time I see it :)

That's hysterical!  If I have a boy I soo need to do that!

• I'm crocheting a twin-sized blanket with little pink flowers. I may take a few pics of the baby with it, but it's more for when they are a little older (since it's hard to know how well it will clean).  I want to make a quilt that's actually for the baby, but dunno if I'll have enough time.  My mom is making one too.  I've already crocheted several toys, and I want to make the curtains and a bed skirt.  I'm also going to do a large tree mural on the wall once my friend loans me his projector.
    TTC#1 since 3/11                    TTC#2 since 4/13
    Dx PCOS, Anovulatory 4/11     4/13-7/13 - Clomid 50mg
    8/11- 9/11- Clomid 100mg         BFP! 8/13
    It's a Girl! 06/17/12                   Due Date- 05/02/14

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I just found out last week that we are team PINK!! So I am going to get sewing! I did start on the applique I am going to use for her quilt. 

I will make a taggie and embroider/applique burp cloths and stuff like that.  I will be making some wall art as soon as I get her quilt done and then making a mobile to match.  I love crafting and her bedroom is actually my sewing room now...so I am trying to use up some of my materials before I have to move them into a MUCH smaller space (going from a bedroom to an armoire and one desk! EEK!!)

I will be making a ton of bloomers too, summer is awesome for bloomers or ruffles on the bottom of onesies. I own a local sewing business so ruffle pants, pillowcase dresses and all of that will be made too...but I want to get her bedding done first.

• I'm going to be making a t-shirt rug. It's all the crafty I have in me.
  • I would describe myself as somewhat crafty but not artistic, and sewing a button back on or fixing a separated seam are my only sewing abilities.  We plan to repaint the dressers that are in the will-be nursery, and I think I'm going to paint the knobs on the dressers (and there are a ton of them) in the colors of the bedding.  I'm thinking about painting the wall letters myself, but I would only do stripes, dots and simple patterns that will match the bedding but will also match potential future bedding, so I don't want it to be too specific.  I've debated on ordering some vinyl dots and decor from etsy to go with the bedding that I could put on the walls and dressers, but I haven't decided yet.
  • Well I'm still not up to speed on how to add pictures to my post, so I can't share. But... I painted a big monkey on the wall in the nursery a couple of weeks ago (monkey themed of course). Also, I've been knitting a baby blanket in the colors that we are using in the room. Being pregnant has inspired my craftiness again, which I'm grateful for. Now if only I had the energy to get my scrapbooking stuff organized so that I can scrapbook again...
    image image image BabyFruit Ticker Anniversary
  • I'm making crib sheets, crocheting a blanket, and I'll probably do a couple pillows (for the rocking chair at the moment). I also will do a mobile, although I haven't quite worked that one out mentally yet, and I may knit or crochet a stuffed animal or two. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"