December 2010 Moms
Options

Its time for BOTW! Yay!

Thanks to jax63081 for selecting me!

What's your zodiac sign? 

Virgo, and I am very proud of that.

What clique were you in, in high school? 

Is the quiet kids that were always there but you never really noticed a clique?  If so, that was me.  I was not cool or popular, but all of my firneds were pretty normal and I?m still friends with many of them.

Are you a SAHM, Working Mom, or Work From Home Mom? 

Working mom

Pepsi or Coke? 

Coke, always.  If I?m some place that offers Pepsi I?ll drink water instead.

How did you meet your DH/SO? 
Short story:  We met at work.  Long story:  We met the day before I turned 20 when I went into sign the paperwork for my new job at a restaurant.  On the way in I was stopped by a guy who I went to school with who?d dated my bff in 9th grade.  Fortunately I was looking super hot that day because DH was sitting next to him.  DH spent the next month trying to get that guy to find out if I was available, then he realized that he could do it himself and we started dating a couple weeks later.

What's your earliest childhood memory? 

I think I was about 4 years old and I was at my aunt?s house.  2 of my cousins were looking at a Smurfs book and wouldn?t share.  However they were sitting on the couch next to the stairs, so I climbed over them to read over their shoulders.

Have you ever traveled internationally? 

I went to Mexican resort on the Riveria Maya with my mom in 2006.  It was very nice, I?d love to do more travelling.

What's your #1 played iPod/iPhone/MP3 player song? 

I don?t have any of those new fangled music player thingies.  My favorite CD is Stunt by the BareNakedLadies.

What's your dream trip/experience to share with your child (now, or when they get older)? 
My favorite vacation from childhood was to Washington DC (history nerd) and I would love to take DD there some day when she can appreciate (or be bored by) the history.  DH and I also went to NOLA for our honeymoon, and since we?re boring people we thought it would be great for our kids to experience the food and history there too.

What was your favorite (non-registry) baby gift? 
DH?s aunt made DD a personalized nightlight with her name and a poem out of a glass block window.  We?ve used it every night that DD?s slept in her room.

Has there been anything you said you'd never do when you had a baby that you've since changed stance on? 
I never say never, but there have been a few things I caved on that I didn?t think that I would, starting with getting an epidural, using pacifiers, and not making homemade baby food.

How many children do you have and what number child is your December LO? 
DD is our first.  We plan on having one more, although I?m pretty sure that DH and I both secretly want 3- we?ve joked about it but in a semi-serious way. 

How many children do you want? 
Two for sure, no more than 3

Do you have a mom/parenting website or blog recommendation for us? 
I get 90% of my mom info here!  The rest I?ve gotten from Kellymom.

How about a non-mom/parenting website or blog recommendation? 
The only blog I check regularly is STFU Parents to try to remind myself not to be one of those people.  It usually works.

Which celebrity do you get told you resemble? 
One of my friends told me I look like Angelica Huston (I think it?s my long face and nose) but I really don?t see it.

Where's Waldo? 
Lost in the stacks, like everything else around here

What are you wearing right now? 

Black stretchy pants that are supposed to be dressy but still have and elastic waist, a black/red/gray print top and my ?academic-look? cardigan.

How did you come up with your LOs name? 
Evelyn was MIL?s mother?s first name and FIL?s mother?s middle name.  Marguerite was my grandmother?s first name (my other grandma was Margaret so  she?s technically named for both of them.)

What did you have for supper last night? 
Spiced pork loin, garlic pine nut couscous and broccoli.  DD loves couscous.

What is your favorite tv show? 
Hard to say as I?ve been kind of disappointed in my fav shows lately.  I really like NBC?s Up All Night and am so glad they moved it to Thursdays so that I can watch it with all my other favorite shows

Have you ever been arrested? 

No.  Although one time in HS after going to senior night at a local theme park bff droped me off at my car in the HS parking lot.  The car was a total POS and you couldn?t unlock it from the driver?s side, you had to unlock the passenger side and crawl across the bench seats.  After doing that my bff rolled down her window to hand me something I?d forgotten in her car (it was 2:00 am and I was tired and forgetful.)  As soon as I grabbed the stuff out of her hand 3 cop cars surrounded us with their lights on and demanded to know what we were doing.  My bff was able to convince them that we were not dealing drugs (ironically she was the pres of our school?s chapter of SADD) and we were free to go.

AW your LO! (Please post pictures - your favorites, the ones you find the funniest, etc)

First time I held her: image   First teeth: image   Pulling herself up image   Hugging her kitty: image   This weekend after an especially hard nap: image  
image  image
Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Re: Its time for BOTW! Yay!

• Options

Funny cop story!  I can totally see this happening too.  Those cops were really hoping to bust someone that night.

I love that Evie loves her kitty so much too - cute!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I love her big smile!  And now I might have to pull out some old BNL later.

Thanks for sharing! 

image   image

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    She's really cute. I love the name Evelyn :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    She is just too cute! Love the stories :)

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Married my best friend 01/01/09

BFP#1 05/06/10. Jarebear born 12/29/10.

BFP#2 06/22/12 (DH's birthday). EDD 02/23/13. M/C and D&C 08/09/12

BFP#3 02/04/13. Alaina Beth born 10/09/13.
  • Options
    Aw I just love the name Evelyn. And your dinner last night sounded delish. :-)
  • Options
    imagemands629:

Love the name Evelyn too.  ::stores that away as a girl name option::  I also love the picture of Evelyn hugging the cat.  It's really cute!  Do you call her Evelyn, or does she have a nick name?

And your cop story was funny!

It was always my intention to call her Evie (pronouced E-V) but we mostly call her Evelyn and it seems to fit her very well.

image  image
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • Options

I would let you cook dinner at my house any night of the week - that sounds tasty!

I love multi-syllable names precisely because you have options to tailor the name to the child.

Evelyn is adorable - love the picture of her with the kitty and her post-nap hair.

photo 8653f130-7264-42f4-8d67-9a73d64cacce_zps8c973e49.jpg

BFP #1 4/14/10. Big B born 12/28/10.

BFP #2 5/27/12. EDD 2/1/13. m/c and D&C 6/21/12.
  • Options
    imagekj07:

I would let you cook dinner at my house any night of the week - that sounds tasty!

I love multi-syllable names precisely because you have options to tailor the name to the child.

Evelyn is adorable - love the picture of her with the kitty and her post-nap hair.

Those were my fav pictures, too.

Lilypie - (vGZN)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP2: 10/27/13(edd 7/10/14) "Speck" ~ M/C 12/5/13
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"