Blended Families

Oh BM... read for a giggle

Received an email from BM this morning ranting and raving about "inappropriate behavior" at our home.  Apparently yesterday my bonus daughter made a comment to BM that my bras are bigger than hers.  And this of course means that I must be walking around the house in only a bra 24/7.  It couldn't possibly be that my bonus daughter has seen my bras in my bedroom and when we're doing laundry.  In fact, according to BM, my bonus daughter told her that she sees my bras when we're doing laundry and putting away clothes.

I didn't even respond to the email.  I have no intention of responding.  She already stated my answer: the bra was seen while doing laundry, so what's there for me to say?  Other than I think it's far more inappropriate that BM still showers with my 6 year old bonus daughter and shares a room and oftentimes a bed with her. But I guess when it comes to my bras, they are far more risque than BM's full blown nudity.  I was completely unaware that allowing a 6 year old girl in the general vicinity of a bra was "inappropriate behavior".  Duly noted. Guess that means I'm out of the running for "Bonus Mom of the Year", huh?

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Re: Oh BM... read for a giggle

• *giggle* LOVE when BM's try to dictate what happens in our houses.   unless SD was DISTRESSED or UPSET by what she saw, BM needs to take a chill pill

View Full Size Image  View Full Size Image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • What's funny is when my bonus daughter told me, "Your bras are way bigger than mommy's", I took that as my opening to have a body image talk with her (yes she's only 6, but you'd be amazed at some of the things that come out of her mouth).  I explained to her that everyone is made differently and that people come in all shapes and sizes and colors and we are perfect exactly how we are made. We discussed how everyone is beautiful in a different way, and there's no one "right" way to look.  I suppose that discussion was "inappropriate" as well....

• Loading the player...
  • Wow she really is searching for something to b*tch about isn't she?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • She's just pissed you have bigger TaWinkTa's.... 
  • That is a go go gadget reach for inappropriate.

• If I were a saucy snot and wanted to start a war, I'd have half a mind to email her an article about healthy body image and how teaching a young girl that bras are "dirty" or "inappropriate" sends the wrong message about loving and respecting her body.

Or, respond that she's right and in the spirit of giving, you've burned all your bras in accordance with her wishes and you'll now go braless lest your SD see another bra in your home.

Stay at home mom to a house of boys: two amazing stepsons, 12 and 9, and our 4 year old.
  • imageJ&A2008:

If I were a saucy snot and wanted to start a war, I'd have half a mind to email her an article about healthy body image and how teaching a young girl that bras are "dirty" or "inappropriate" sends the wrong message about loving and respecting her body.

She's not pissy because bras are inappropriate, she's pissy because it's MY bra.  We had the same issue last summer.  BM got all hot and bothered about me wearing a bikini around my bonus daughter and said it was "distasteful and inappropriate".  But SHE was allowed to wear a bikini around her because "it's different".  Yeah, whatever ya big hypocrite!

imageJ&A2008:

Or, respond that she's right and in the spirit of giving, you've burned all your bras in accordance with her wishes and you'll now go braless lest your SD see another bra in your home.

^^ This made lemonade come out my nose, which for the record burns like WHOA.  But totally worth the laugh I got!!

• I breast feed with my SD in the same room.  *Gasp*

::eyeroll:: at BM

Mama of 2: one who grew in my womb, both who grow in my heart.
  • imageFutureMrsWittig:

I breast feed with my SD in the same room.  *Gasp*

::eyeroll:: at BM

You harlot!!! 

• This is awesome. How dare you let your SD see fabric. And, lol, I BF with both my sd AND ss in the room. Foolish me, I figured that seeing breasts for their intended purpose would be good for them. And of course I didn't need to try to cover up all the time when I was just trying to get the hang of BF'ing either.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"