November 2011 Moms
Options

what do you miss most about being pregnant?

Other than feeling LO move,,,,,,,,

What do you miss the least?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: what do you miss most about being pregnant?

• Options

Other than feeling him move....

NOTHING!!!! lol

I did not enjoy being pregnant... The only thing I really enjoyed was the ultrasounds and the day he was born! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Laying in bed, on my side. I would always wrap my arm around my belly like I was hugging my LO.

I DO NOT miss worrying constantly about LO.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Most:  Everything.  I loved being pregnant (until about 36 weeks).  I loved how everyone was so nice to you, I felt really beautiful when I was preggo, the anticipation of having LO.  Life changes!  I finally quit smoking and haven't started back up.

Least: Weeks 36-40.  God those were uncomfortable and freaking miserable.

• Options

Ditto the worrying.

LOVE feeling movements (although not at night when trying to sleep) but I DO NOT miss worrying about something going wrong. I def worry less with her no the outside than I did when she was on the inside

Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage
  • Options

NOTHING!!

I guess if I had to pick - my favorite thing about pregnancy was the excitement/mystery of it all - boy/girl? what will he look like? when will he be born? etc. But otherwise I seriously hated being pregnant

I could go on and on about the things I will miss the  least, but morning sickness (the entire pregnancy) is at the top.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

I just miss having her so close to me all the time.  I was never alone Smile (I mean that in a totally non-needy way).

Miss the least...how difficult rolling out of bed was and how difficult sleeping was.

Nov. 19, 2010 BFP #1--m/c Dec. 24th, 2010 First cycle after m/c on Feb. 2, 2011--March 8th, 2011 BFP #2 EDD Nov. 19, 2011. Nadia Dorothy Grace born on 11-18-11 @ 3:04pm 6lbs 14oz Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    I miss everything, I loved being pregnant. But, like PP said, BEFORE week 36, that's when the swelling came, hated seeing my feet look like sausages! The only complaint I really had was from about month 4 on, LO was laying on a nerve that made walking very uncomfortable, but it could have been worse.
  • Options
    imagedpeugh85:

Most:  Everything.  I loved being pregnant (until about 36 weeks).  I loved how everyone was so nice to you, I felt really beautiful when I was preggo, the anticipation of having LO.  Life changes!  I finally quit smoking and haven't started back up.

Least: Weeks 36-40.  God those were uncomfortable and freaking miserable.

Yeah, that was nice. Sometimes I find when I go out alone now it feels weird to not get special treatment!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

I'm so glad I'm not the only one that was fairly miserable being pregnant.  If there's anything I miss, it's (almost) always getting a seat on the train.  Also, how much I seriously enjoyed food.

I do NOT miss the uncomfortable sleep, or lack thereof.  The first night I was able to sleep on my stomach again I actually woke my husband up to tell him how amazing it was. I may not be getting much sleep with a newborn, but at least it's comfortable when I do get to sleep.

• Options

Letting my belly hang out and feeling good about it! Now it's back to trying to hide the pooch...Also, how nice people were to me. I still get a little more courtesy when I'm out with the baby, but not as much. Not parking in the Expectant Moms spots at BRU. I think it's harder now! 

The least: The heartburn, only being able to squish my puffy feet into flip-flops when it's cold outside, and flipping from side to side all night trying to get comfortable. I love sleeping on my back again!

• Options

I had a mildly complicated pregnancy (early bleeding, morning sickness every single day, a week of believing I had placenta accreta and the finally a diagnosis of IUGR that led to an induction at 36 weeks) but I really loved being pregnant. 

I loved just knowing I was growing my child and I really miss the nightly back rubs from DH. Every night I would get on the tub and I loved just watching him move.

I don't miss getting sick every day, no diet cokes and the constant worry of how he was doing on the inside.  

• Options

Like a PP said, it was great having people be nice to me -- holding doors, smiling, giving me more space to walk at the supermarket. I wasn't showing in a big way until I was about 6 months along, and then I delivered at 37 weeks, so I didn't get much time when strangers would ask me "when are you due?" and tell me about their babies.

What do I miss the least? Freaking restless leg syndrome. It started around week 19 or 20 and never let up. I spent SO many nights in my living room, bouncing on my yoga ball until 3 or 4 in the morning when my legs had finally calmed down enough to where I could get some sleep.

• Options
    imageAllibob:

Letting my belly hang out and feeling good about it! Now it's back to trying to hide the pooch...Also, how nice people were to me. I still get a little more courtesy when I'm out with the baby, but not as much. Not parking in the Expectant Moms spots at BRU. I think it's harder now! 

The least: The heartburn, only being able to squish my puffy feet into flip-flops when it's cold outside, and flipping from side to side all night trying to get comfortable. I love sleeping on my back again!

All of this! I loved wearing cute maternity clothes and not feeling fat even though I was large. Now I just feel like a sloppy pudgy muffin top mess! Also I'd like to gripe that not once during my entire pregnancy was I able to park in Expectant Moms spots. I used to see them everywhere, it seems, before I was pregnant. Now I think BRU/TRU are the only stores that have them and whenever I went all those spots were taken. I mean, I probably needed the exercise but it's the principle!

• Options

This may sound strange but I miss the clothes. It was cute for shirts to cling to you and show your belly. Now I want things huge to cover it all up!

I also miss eating everything in sight. I don't really have time to enjoy food anymore.

Do not miss: not being able to get off the couch without help, being sweaty (I live in FL - yikes), all the hip and back pain, struggling to turn to the other side in bed 10x a night

• Options

I miss not feeling guilty about what I was eating and feeling her move.

I DO NOT miss the reflux and vomiting every night if I ate too close to bed or ate more than just a tiny bit for dinner. And even though I still worry about her a ton, it's easier now than when she was inside and I had no idea what was going on with her.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic image Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker TickerLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options

I miss seeing her on the ultrasound and being excited for seeing what she will look like.

I also miss how nice DH was to me

I do not miss the constant worry of if she is alright and if she will survive labor. I love having her here

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I miss the excitement leading up to meeting the baby. Wondering if its a boy or girl, what will they look like, ect. This more than likely our last and I am going to miss this. My least favorite is heartburn. That alone makes me never want to be pregnant again.
    ~I Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Posting from an Android sorry for any errors
  • Options
    I was just saying to DH yesterday that I miss being pregnant and he was like...."WHAT?!?  you were freakin' miserable!"  How soon we forget!  I miss having LO so close all the time and the way that I looked.  I do not miss feeling sick and uncomfortable all the time.
  • Options

I miss so much of being pregnant. Being able to eat whatever I want, whenever I want; wondering who DS would look like & act like; & I loved my pregnant body(hate the post baby body though).

I don't miss not being able to sleep..I agree with a PP, I might not get much sleep but the sleep I do get is GREAT! So happy to be able to sleep on my stomach again!

Weeks 38-40 sucked overall too! I was just done with it all..

Baby Boy #2 is on the way!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

I miss having him so super close. 

Sometimes, I really want to be pregnant again, just for that feeling....Sometimes is the key word. :) 

• Options
    What I miss the least is all the headaches I had at the end. 
  • Options

I miss hearing LO's hear beat at the doctor's appointments. I really liked being pregnant. 

What I don't miss is the food aversions (yay, chicken is my friend again) and not being able to get comfortable while sleeping. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Most:  Feeling awesome because I am busy making a little person (and patting his bum through my belly).

Least:  Heartburn, peeing every ten seconds and sleeping worse the last month than I did with an infant!

"Read the books, don
  • Options
    I miss feeling him from the inside. Knowing he was always with me and safe. I definitely don't miss the ms. Even though I was lucky and only had if for a few weeks. But puking on my way to work was the worst!
  • Options
    most- obviously her moving, watching my belly move while she moved, like pp said: heartbeats at the DRs i loved watching my belly grow too.

least- i had really bad morning sickness my entire pregnancy. it was horrible. and o auffered from migraines pre-baby but my pregnancy ones were horrible!
  • Options

I miss: the anticipation, wondering if LO was going to be a boy or girl and what the baby would look like. 

Dont miss: getting fat a$$ and thighs.

On a side note I wish I had learned to enjoy being pregnant... Looking back now that it is over I wish I could still be pregnant. I really was lucky and had it very easy but I never let myself enjoy the experience

• Options

I miss not worrying about what and how much I eat....I figured I am going to gain weight anyway so who cares....

I don't miss the morning sickness and having to pee every twenty seconds!!! 

• Options

Most: Being temporarily NOT lactose intolherant and getting to eat ice-cream for the first time in years.

Least: Everything else. I HATED being pregnant.

• Options

I miss almost everything!  I loved being preggers and even though we aren't planning to get pregnant for another 2 or 3 years I can't wait to go through it again...(although I might be eating my words since I'll have a toddler then)

I don't miss the heartburn or the last few uncomfortable weeks that I had. 

• Options
    I miss knowing I couldn't get pregnant!  Now that I'm not pregnant I'm SO anxious about having sex and getting pregnant again.  Pregnancy was not good for me.  I enjoyed many things but I don't miss it in a way that I want to do it again.
  • Options

I miss watching my belly move when he would kick and jab. I miss sleeping with my hand on belly, knowing he was safe. The first night after he was born, I went to put my hand on belly, and nothing was there. I truly mourned that experience. But now it's a million times better because I have him next to me.

I don't miss the heartburn, peeing every other minute, food aversions, sleeping on my sides since I'm a stomach sleeper.

Married 02.06.10
    DS1 born 11.19.11
    DS2 born 07.02.14

• Options
    Not a G D thing!
  • Options

I miss a lot of things from being pregnant. I loved being pregnant, especially after I started showing because for whatever reason that made it more real. I loved having DS close to me all the time, feeling/seeing his kicks and squirms, the anticipation of who he will look like, wearing clothes that were form fitting and not caring, shopping for new baby stuff...ohhhh, I just loved it all!

Only thing I don't miss is having to pee all the time during the night. But I think that getting up every 2 or 3 hours to pee trained me for BF'ing during the night. haha!  

• Options
    I miss ethe excitement of it all. Pretty much everything except the back pain and getting up at night to pee.
    Married 5/31/08 * TTC#1 9/09 - 2/11
    after anovulatory diagnosis and TTC for 1 1/2yrs with several medicated cycles and one chemical pregnancy, we have our first bundle of joy!
    IT'S A GIRL!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    #2 EDD 2/5/13 dx with anti-BIG E antibody, seeing a MFM
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    VOTE on my Name List
    I don't take one single minute for granted.
  • Options
    It's so hard to say. I can remember exactly how it felt to hold my baby the first time, all covered in goo. But I really canno tremember how it felt to be pregnant. I wish I could, I had a wonderful pregnancy. I know I don't miss the discomfort, though.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"