Snarky and T-TTC

Talked to my RE

He sounded pretty encouraging. He isn't worried about my beta being on the low end, and he was happy to hear I don't have any symptoms. He also wasn't worried about my ultrasound this week since my beta was under 1500. My progesterone is still low so I'm staying on the supps. And they are repeating my beta and ultrasound on Monday.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Talked to my RE

• That is great news Katt!!  I'm so glad to hear he is hopeful.  Fingers, toes, everything crossed that you stay symptom free and that Monday brings a much better u/s report!  Hang in there sweetie, we are all pulling for you big time!!
    TTC #1 Dx: severe MFI
    IVF with ICSI #1: BFP
    TESE for DH 08/09/09
    ER 08/09/09; ET 08/14/09; Beta #1 08/23/09: 150; Beta #2 08/25/09: 267
    TTC #2: FET #1: BFP
    ET 06/16/11; Beta #1 06/25/11: 282; Beta #2 06/27/11: 777
    First u/s: Twins! Baby A stopped growing @ 9 weeks, forever in our hearts
    TTC #3: FET #2: c/p lost at 4 weeks
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I hope it's okay that I'm responding.  I just know when I was going through it I wanted any positive stories I could find.  If you don't, then quit reading now.

They really didn't think my pregnancy was viable.  At 5.5 weeks my beta was 2,000.  My doubling time was around 65-68 hours.  That wasn't an issue.  We went for that first ultrasound and while we saw a sac he wasn't very hopeful.  He told me it was 50/50 but to prepare for the worst, the sac wasn't as big as it was supposed to be.

We went back a week later.  While the sac had grown, it was empty.  I was now 6.5 weeks.  The sac should have been bigger and should have had a yolk sac and a fetal pole and probably even a heartbeat and it was empty.  The poor technician didn't know what to say ... she tried and tried but it was empty.  I cried from that Friday through Monday when I saw my RE again (he just happened to be out of town for that appointment on Friday and had a tech in).  We went back at 7weeks 1 day. 

RE measures a yolk sac but can't get a detectable heartbeat ... thinks maybe but it's not strong enough to support the gestational age. I ask him if it's possible that I'm just measuring behind (at this point I was measuring about 6 days behind) and he said "not with IVF."  Told me to plan for a D&C, but since he couldn't confirm no heartbeat, he wanted me to come back at 7 weeks 4 days. 

I cried some more and went back on that Thursday, prepared for the worst and already planning my D&C and my FET.  But in the back of my head I kept saying "but there was NOTHING there on Friday and there was definitely something there Monday ... how can that be?"

So on that Thursday we went back.  Things had changed a bit but he still wasn't confident.  Told me he wanted to give it a little more time, but I was still measuring a week behind, heartbeat wasn't strong enough for 7.5 weeks, etc. 

Then we went back at 8.5 weeks.  He scanned and came to the conclusion that pregnancy wasn't viable.  We discussed the D&C and I told him I was going to have my OB do it so it was covered by insurance.  He wanted to do one more scan ... had me push down on my belly, and well, that's when our life changed.  There was the baby, measuring just a day or two behind with a beautiful heartbeat.  Our little boy has grown on track ever since then.

I guess my point here is, don't give up hope!! I had everything stacked against me and here we are 32 weeks pregnant with a healthy baby.  Statistics are just that, stats ... I never had super high hcg levels, I never doubled in 48 hours and for the first 8 weeks we were told it wasn't viable but obviously, somewhere in the back of everyone's mind, there was a little bit of hope.

Trust your RE ... he's not telling you to worry, so don't!  Keep thinking the positive thoughts and I'll be thinking of you too and watching for a great update on Monday.

Our Journey to Brenden

IVF #1: 4/11(Follistim/Menopur/Ganirelix) 10 retrieved/8 mature and all 8 fertilized / 2 embies transferred ... nothing to freeze Beta 5/10 = BFN

IVF Take 2 Long Lupron July 2011

ER 7/3/11 (our 6th anniversary) - 8 retrieved/7 mature/fert ....ET 7/6/11 - 2 beautiful grade A 8 cell embryos

Beta 7/18/11 - 149!!! Beta 7/21/11 - 311 Beta 7/28/11 - 2,000 8/5/11 - Empty Sac 8/8/11 - There's a yolk sac and maybe a heartbeat 8/12/11 - Fetal pole, yolk sac, heartbeat 8/18/11 - Baby looks GREAT!
    3 babies waiting on ice

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Kali-thank you so much for the encouraging words!!! I remember your crazy roller coaster! And I'm so happy for you that your boy is growing great and is healthy!

I'm definitely hanging on to hope. I've been searching everywhere for success stories. My beta is even behind yours though. At 6w0d I was only at 1078. But like my RE said its going in the right direction and doubling within 72 hours. I wish I could fast forward to Monday!
  • hey Katt...i have my fingers crossed for you. as everyone has said before the key is the doubling of numbers. my RE wouldn't do an ultrasound till i hit 1800. definitely think positive...i'm very hopeful for you :)
  • I will be sending lots of good thoughts your way for Monday.  Glad your RE is so hopeful. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    TTC #2, Operative hysteroscopy March 2011; IVF #1 long lupron protocol April 2011-cancelled due to poor response; IVF #2 flare protocol May 2011=hospitalization due to abdominal hemorrhage during ER and no fert due to MFI issues. Moving onto international adoption from Moldova January 2013!
  • Wishing you tons of luck!
  • That's great your RE is hopeful! Saying lots of prayers that you have a great u/s on Monday!
    someecardscom - Im well on my way to getting absolutely nothing done today
    DD1: allergic to eggs & dairy Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    c/p 4/1/11

DD2: milk and soy protein intolerant, allergic to eggs, soy, peanuts, tree nuts, sesame, bananasBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    MSPI Moms Check-In Blog
  • That is great news!!! I am so hopeful for you -- and glad your RE was also!!!!!

Praying for a great day on Monday =)

How are you feeling otherwise? 

TTC #2 since June '08

~*DD 10.21.07*~

dx unexplained

IUI #1-4 BFN

IVF#1 June 2011 BFN

IVF#2 Dec 2011

Beta#1 12/21 : 812 Beta#2 12/23 : 1634

EDD 8/25

*PAIFW/SAIFW*

• imageDeputiesWife:

That is great news!!! I am so hopeful for you -- and glad your RE was also!!!!!

Praying for a great day on Monday =)

How are you feeling otherwise? 

I feel good! With all my losses, I had bleeding and pain by this point, so it's even more encouraging that I don't now. I'm just nervous and anxious.
  • Sending lots of positive vibes your way! I'll be praying for some great news Monday!
    imageimage

After 22 cycles and tube removal our IVF miracle has arrived! Detailed IF and IVF info in bio.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Oh, that is so good to hear! I am really praying that you get some awesome news on Monday.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imageJenny829:
    Fingers, toes, everything crossed that you stay symptom free and that Monday brings a much better u/s report!  Hang in there sweetie, we are all pulling for you big time!!

!!! 

• imagekatt3233:
    Kali-thank you so much for the encouraging words!!! I remember your crazy roller coaster! And I'm so happy for you that your boy is growing great and is healthy!

I'm definitely hanging on to hope. I've been searching everywhere for success stories. My beta is even behind yours though. At 6w0d I was only at 1078. But like my RE said its going in the right direction and doubling within 72 hours. I wish I could fast forward to Monday!

It's doubling and that's what matters!! Some are just a little slower to grow than others!! :)

Our Journey to Brenden

IVF #1: 4/11(Follistim/Menopur/Ganirelix) 10 retrieved/8 mature and all 8 fertilized / 2 embies transferred ... nothing to freeze Beta 5/10 = BFN

IVF Take 2 Long Lupron July 2011

ER 7/3/11 (our 6th anniversary) - 8 retrieved/7 mature/fert ....ET 7/6/11 - 2 beautiful grade A 8 cell embryos

Beta 7/18/11 - 149!!! Beta 7/21/11 - 311 Beta 7/28/11 - 2,000 8/5/11 - Empty Sac 8/8/11 - There's a yolk sac and maybe a heartbeat 8/12/11 - Fetal pole, yolk sac, heartbeat 8/18/11 - Baby looks GREAT!
    3 babies waiting on ice

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• i'm glad you got some positive news!  I am thinking lots of good thoughts for your appt on Monday!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"