Attachment Parenting
Options

Ergo Baby clicky poll (repost from 3Tri)

I know I want to get an Ergo Baby carrier, but I don't know what the difference is (if any) between the regular Ergo Baby and the Ergo Baby Sport. So, which should I get? Also, if you wouldn't mind explaining why you prefer one over the other, that would be great! Thanks![Poll]
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Ergo Baby clicky poll (repost from 3Tri)

• Options
    I bought the Sport because it was on babysteals for half off.
  • Options

I got the ergo performance (not to throw more options at you!) because I like the big pocket. 

IMO....benefits of the regular ergo baby, nice padded shoulders.  Benefits of the sport or the performance....lighter more breathable fabric, a little better for hot weather.

href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/33e2da" rel="nofollow">Chart

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagetokenhoser:
    I bought the Sport because it was on babysteals for half off.
    Me too :)
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We have the sport.  I liked it because of the thinner fabric and the air vent .
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageNYGirl02:

I got the ergo performance (not to throw more options at you!) because I like the big pocket. 

IMO....benefits of the regular ergo baby, nice padded shoulders.  Benefits of the sport or the performance....lighter more breathable fabric, a little better for hot weather.

This, it is supposed to be lighter and more breathable than the Sport. I really love mine
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I have the sport and I like it for being light and comfy to wear when the weather is warm.

However, I wish I had the regular ergo for the pocket in front.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I love how soft the Organic Ergos are. I would miss having the front pocket, though, so I probably wouldn't get the Sport. I've owned every version of the Ergo except the Sport! :D

• Options
    the sport also has longer straps on the shoulders and waist. I got it because we are not small people :-)
  • Options

I have both the original and the sport. I had the sport first but it would rub the back of DDs neck leaving a rash if she was in it for very long. I tried the original on with her in it and she was SO much more comfortable in it. The back is about an inch shorter so it doesn't rub her neck as much. The original has bullets (I think that's what they're called) where her bottom goes creating a seat for her where the sport doesn't and she's more flat against whoever is wearing her. She definitely fits in the original much better and it's more comfortable for us to wear her in it.

I live in Texas and thought the lighter material of the sport would be better, but honestly, they're both hot to wear. It's more the body to body contact that's so hot and you're going to have that with any carrier. The pocket on the original is also really nice to have to carry your wallet and keys in for quick trips into the store, etc.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"