D.C. Area Babies

NBR - Vienna-area tailor/seamstress?

Hi all - I've lurked here quite a bit but haven't posted yet. I live in Vienna and I'm 34 weeks pregnant with my first child. My dilemma is that I am in a wedding about 6 weeks after my due date, and I will need to get my dress altered after I have the baby.

I'd like to speak with the tailor/seamstress soon so I can let them know I'll be coming in and will likely need substantial alterations to this dress (I ordered it 2+ sizes above my pre-pregnancy size - but back then I was fit and small-chested, and neither of those things are true anymore).

Can anyone recommend a tailor or seamstress in the Vienna area? I have scoped out some reviews on Yelp but would love any advice that you have to offer. Looking forward to joining all of you as a D.C.-area mom in just a few short weeks! :)

BabyFruit Ticker
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: NBR - Vienna-area tailor/seamstress?

• Not quite in Vienna, but close - we have had good luck with Best Tailoring.  It's right at the intersection of Lee Highway and Nutley Street (near the Vienna metro).  They have altered a ton of pants for me and my husband and a tuxedo (purchased, not rental and in under 48 hours) for DH.

9126 Lee Highway, Fairfax, VA 22031-1314
    (703) 641-9333

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I second Best Tailoring! They did my wedding dress and multiple other items, and they are excellent and a good price.
  • Loading the player...
  • Angie Cavallaro in Fairfax is the absolute best. She has done tons of DC Nesties' wedding dresses, including mine. Also, I was a bridesmaid in my brother's wedding in December, and I had to order my dress in a much larger size because we started TTC 7 months before the wedding. It turned out I wasn't actually pregnant by then (or, rather, I was 2 weeks pregnant and didn't know it yet), so she had a TON of taking in to do to make it my normal size. It came out great and you never would have known it started out 2+ sizes too big. PM me if you want her email address.

Daughter born at 34 weeks due to PPROM, July 2012

Expecting baby #2, May 8, 2015

May 2015 signature challenge for January: "You had ONE job!"

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Angie did my wedding dress alterations as well.  I LOVED her.  You go to her private house off of 7100 in Fairfax Station (I think).  She did 3 fittings for my wedding.  I would call her ASAP b/c she books up fast!!!
  • I got a BM dress tailored at Young's Tailor on Church St and it was a good experience.
  • Thank you for the suggestions, everyone!! This is super helpful.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"