August 2011 Moms

Re: In case you missed it...Selfie is in labor.

• Options
    Selfie... she's the "catch the gays" one, right?
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersimage
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Farewell, nesticle, you will be missed
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Huh?  Can someone fill me in briefly on this person? 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I have such a love/hate relationship with this chick! LOL

GL to her in her labor.

• Options

imageEmSue412:

Here:

imagecruelsound:

imagewillst:
    Hi! So I'm new to this board and all these posts have really got me interested. Is anyone willing to fill me in on selfie or post a link to her blog? I feel kinda silly but now I want to see what's going on! TIA

Dude, you've got a lot of catching up to do.

Here's her blog. https://prebabyblog.com/

And her claim to fame on TB.https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/1/53321302/ShowThread.aspx 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    imageMonsieur_et_Madame_Ha:

imageEmSue412:

Here:

imagecruelsound:

imagewillst:
    Hi! So I'm new to this board and all these posts have really got me interested. Is anyone willing to fill me in on selfie or post a link to her blog? I feel kinda silly but now I want to see what's going on! TIA

Dude, you've got a lot of catching up to do.

Here's her blog. https://prebabyblog.com/

And her claim to fame on TB.https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/1/53321302/ShowThread.aspx 

Oh boy, okay, thanks.  I know what I'm doing this afternoon, lol. 

• Options
    imageCrash Into Me:

God help us all.

I'm dying to see her flabby deflated belly in her homecoming mini-dress.

This is my hope too. I hope she gets the dreaded stretchmarks after she thinks she's in the clear. However, the world is unfair and I'm sure she'll look fuckings fantastic. 

• Options

I just read the birth plan.  ::face palm::  I love the ABSOULTLY NO FORMULA.  My daughter's sugar was low and they had to give her formula to bring her sugar up.  I hope it works out for her but really (I'm no expert, BUT....) she should know that labour and raising a child can't be planned. 

I hope she does ok but I have a strong feeling that this is going to be one messed up little girl......

AND how the HELL did I miss this!!!!! I mean I don't mind catching up on it this afternoon but it would have made for a fun few months. HEHEHEHE

• Options
    Ugh. I kinda hope it's long and painful. I'm mean like that :/
  • Options

eh - I think it's ok to have a birth plan like hers. Mine wasn't quite as strict, but I did go in with some of those same desires and they ended up working out. My cousin and his wife had a plan more similar to hers (at a birthing center) and even with her pretty difficult labor experience she was determined and she did it just as she wanted. I realize that some people don't plan to avoid disappointment, but it's the personality of others to plan so that goals are more likely to be accomplished. 

I haven't followed her at all though and only just glanced at her birth plan, so I'm not sure why people are so annoyed with her.  

• Options

imageetoyama:
    Ugh. I kinda hope it's long and painful. I'm mean like that :/

Yes

• Options
    imagelincolngirl:

eh - I think it's ok to have a birth plan like hers. Mine wasn't quite as strict, but I did go in with some of those same desires and they ended up working out. My cousin and his wife had a plan more similar to hers (at a birthing center) and even with her pretty difficult labor experience she was determined and she did it just as she wanted. I realize that some people don't plan to avoid disappointment, but it's the personality of others to plan so that goals are more likely to be accomplished. 

I haven't followed her at all though and only just glanced at her birth plan, so I'm not sure why people are so annoyed with her.  

This.  I just read her stuff today.  And like I said I hope it works for her.  But I think the impression, or at least the one I got, was that unless she had to be induced there was going to be no deviation from the plan.  I mean it's great to want to have a very natural and calming and wonderful time with your labour but I think you should go into the whole thing with the mind set that you are going to do what is best for your baby.  And if that includes giving formula, eye drops, shots at that time ect.  then I think you should be open to that.  Yes women have ben having babies for millions of years without all of these "interventions' but as medical advances are made I think it's good to have an open mind about what could happen. 

JMHO.

• Options
    Her birth plan isn't really the problem. She came on the bump saying that moms make their kids gay ( like it was a medical condition) and she was going to place herself in a bubble for the duration of her pregnancy. She also said she found out that she was pregnant at 6 dpo which everyone told her was impossible. We just love to hate her craziness.
  • Options

imageCobra11:
    Her birth plan isn't really the problem. She came on the bump saying that moms make their kids gay ( like it was a medical condition) and she was going to place herself in a bubble for the duration of her pregnancy. She also said she found out that she was pregnant at 6 dpo which everyone told her was impossible. We just love to hate her craziness.

Ok, the moms make their kids gay thing would have certainly annoyed me and those other things seem quite crazy as well!

Just thought that I would defend the birth plan a bit, because I am such a planner and get crap for it sometimes but that's just how I roll! 

• Options
    imagelincolngirl:

imageCobra11:

Ok, the moms make their kids gay thing would have certainly annoyed me and those other things seem quite crazy as well!

Just thought that I would defend the birth plan a bit, because I am such a planner and get crap for it sometimes but that's just how I roll! 

No, I completely agree with you, birth plan= not crazy. Bags filled with tarps and air mattress= a little crazy. 

• Options

imageEmSue412:

she is flipping crazy...that sums it up

• Options
    imageJennairess:

imageEmSue412:

she is flipping crazy...that sums it up

Lol, I'm sensing that now... thanks! 

• Options

i believe this is her blog entry that earned her the crazycakes award

https://prebabyblog.com/2011/05/page/3/ 

• Options

Yup. I'm not entirely sure, but I don't remember the "disclaimers" being in there the first time. 

• Options

How did I not know there was pregnancy friendly facial moisturizer?????? LOL

• Options
    I think she is mostly crazy, but I wore a shortish dress home from the hospital. Yes, I still had a tummy, but it was way more comfy for me than yoga pants or anything pressing on my csection scar. So I looked 5 months pg, but my legs were fine.
  • Options

Oh boy...

Can't wait to see her perfect Photoshopped birth/postpartum photos!  

She is so fake. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

imagesomewhereincali:
    I think she is mostly crazy, but I wore a shortish dress home from the hospital. Yes, I still had a tummy, but it was way more comfy for me than yoga pants or anything pressing on my csection scar. So I looked 5 months pg, but my legs were fine.

I honestly wish I had thought to wear a maxi dress or something home. However it would not have been a dress that hits right below the vagina. 

• Options

imageCrash Into Me:
    Okay, hold up.  She's taking cloth diapers to the hospital?  She clearly does not know what meconium is. Also, a big fat LOL to "babies don't poop much the first two days."

I don't think she realizes what babies do.

And I saw the reveal. LOOOOOOLLLLLL! 

• Options

imageCrash Into Me:
    Okay, hold up.  She's taking cloth diapers to the hospital?  She clearly does not know what meconium is. Also, a big fat LOL to "babies don't poop much the first two days."

Yeeeeaaaahhhhh....  My super pooper pooped several times on Day 1.

On a side note - Crash, that pic of your LO in your siggy is so amazingly cute.  It's so darling that even my DH commented on it when he saw me on here and said, "Wow, that's a really cute baby!"

BFP#1 4/17/10...EDD 1/6/11...M/C 5/28/10 BFP#2 11/19/10...EDD 8/4/11 Squeaker born 7/30.
  • Options
    imagemandyhall2882:

So, they're having a gay son?  Dude, that mom is a total beard.

BFP#1 4/17/10...EDD 1/6/11...M/C 5/28/10 BFP#2 11/19/10...EDD 8/4/11 Squeaker born 7/30.
  • Options
    imageCrash Into Me:
    Hahaha, I had the same thoughts! She's in for a real treat.
  • Options
    I think that was a neat way of doing the reveal. But I was surprised she was around that much paint! I mean couldn't the fumes turn her baby girl gay???
  • Options
    BWAHAHAHAH!.... oh how entertaining! And I second what PP said! Watch out for them big bad paints Yall! Lolllll!
    Latoya-wife to DH since 04*30*11 Proud SAHM to DD Anaiyah Samara since 10*10*08 and DS Khairie Isaiah since 08*31*11 Surprise BFP 02*09*12 EDD 10*20*12 *TEAM GREEN!*
  • Options

imagetandb2010:
    I think that was a neat way of doing the reveal. But I was surprised she was around that much paint! I mean couldn't the fumes turn her baby girl gay???

LOL.  You have a point there, at least from her perspective.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"