1st Trimester
Options

If you had an ultrasound at 6 weeks what did you see?

I just made my first OB appointment and they scheduled me based on my LMP even though I know I did not O until the 21st day of my cycle (I was charting).  Based on O date I think I will be 6wks 2 days at my first apointment assuming baby measures on time.  They mentioned they will do an ultrasound then. Will I even see a heartbeat then?   Did you see a heartbeat at your 6wk appointment?    If you did not see a heartbeat did your OB have you come back a few days or a week later to check again?  I am just nervous about not seeing anything and they getting myself freaked out. 

Thanks!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: If you had an ultrasound at 6 weeks what did you see?

• Options

That varies b/w doctor's offices.  My first appt was at 6w/5d and the first thing they did was a TV US and we got to hear the heartbeat (but sometimes you can't hear it when you're that early so don't freak if you don't), then I did a urine test, blood test and exam.  Be prepared for anything :) You can call before your appt and I'm sure they will tell you what all you are scheduled for! Good luck :)

• Options

I had an ultrasound in the ER at almost 7 weeks. On the abdominal ultrasound all they could see was the sac, on the vaginal ultrasound they could see the baby and heartbeat.

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I went in for my first U/S at what I thought was a little over 7w. They did a vaginal U/S and I got to see the baby and heartbeat. At that time I was told the baby was measuring "small" and they moved my EDD down a week...so if I was still scheduled based on my LMP alone, I would be 13w4d...and that meant the baby was at 6w3d. I had another US since then and baby was measuring just right and everything looked great! One thing that alarmed me, and I thought was unnecessary-the technician told me the baby's heart beat was a little "low"...it was 97bpm. What they neglected to mention to me is that it was probably because the heart JUST started beating. So I spent the next 2 weeks in utter fear. When I went back, baby had a heart rate of 176bpm! Sometimes, they dont even tell an actual heart beat number for this very reason...

Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I didn't have an LMP. But, going by my O-date, I was 6w1d when I had an ultrasound. The baby measured 5w5d and we saw a heartbeat. The doctor said the heartbeat likely started over the weekend, or even possibly the morning before we came in.

• Options
    I saw a fetal pole and a hb at 6 weeks.
    My little pumpkin was born at 34weeks, weighing 3lbs, due to severe IUGR & Unexplained Placental Insufficiency. He spent 49 days in the NICU. Lilypie Premature Baby tickers imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    I'm in the same boat as you, except my appointment is today. I go in a couple of hours and I'm so afraid that I won't see a heartbeat because it might be too early. We'll see. I'll check back with you to let you know how it went.
  • Options
    Thank you ladies!
  • Options

imageJenelle101:
    I'm in the same boat as you, except my appointment is today. I go in a couple of hours and I'm so afraid that I won't see a heartbeat because it might be too early. We'll see. I'll check back with you to let you know how it went.

Good Luck!!

• Options
     image6w4d - heartbeat of 122
    BabyFetus Ticker image
  • Options
    At 6w2d, we saw "the tadpole" with a heartbeat. 
                      Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I saw a yolk sac and a gestational sac and a flicker of a heartbeat (it looks like someone is lighting a match and blowing it out) My RE told me that sometimes you can't see the heartbeat at 6 weeks, so you shouldn't worry. You want to make sure the sac is there and then you'll probably have to go back for an 8 week to be sure that a heartbeat can be measured.

Married since 10/2010; TTC since 12/2010; Me: 30; DH: 35; Dx: Lean PCOS; MFI (low/slow/morphed); 1st attempt at IVF w/ICSI scheduled for 12/2011; Optimistic! BFP: 12/24/2011 BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I went in at 6 weeks 0 days and we saw a heartbeat.  Good luck!
    IF DX: DOR & Fragile X pre-mutation carrier
    2011: FSH 13.3 & E 99; AMH 0.54 2nd FSH 6.2 E 40's AFC: 8
    BFP from Clomid/IUI ~ Pre-e and IUGR during pregnancy ~ DS born 9/4/12
    Feb./March 2013: AMH less than 0.16 (undectable) and AFC = 4;
    BFP from supps ~ DS#2 due May 2014

May 2014 January Siggy Challenge:
  • Options
    I saw the heartbeat. The u/s pic is in my siggy at 6 weeks exactly. 
    DS1 8/11/10 
    DS2 8/21/12
    DD 9/26/14
    Baby #4 edd 2/11/19 
  • Options
    imageTeachGirl323:

imageJenelle101:

Good Luck!!

So...I just got back from seeing my doctor and I am just one day shy of 6 weeks...according to her measurements. She saw where the heartbeat will be ... a little flickering, but not consistent enough to be considered a heartbeat. UGH! So sad... I probably could have gone in later this week to see it, but now my next ultrasound is Feb 16th which seems soooo far away!! 

• Options
    My first appointment was at 6 weeks and 4 days. I had a blood test, urine test, and an exam. I also saw the heartbeat on the ultrasound but I wasnt able to hear it ;(
  • Options
    I was exactly 6 weeks and we saw the baby, flickering and all and we heard the heartbeat. It measured at 114 bpm, we're going back Monday, when I'm 8 weeks to make sure the baby's heartbeat is still going strong.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"