November 2011 Moms

Yay! She finally loves her swing!

Oh my goodness. We bought one of those super cute, expensive fisher price swings for LO, and she did not like it at all for the first 9 weeks or so of her life. I would put her in it, and she would scream until I took her out.

I tried again earlier this week, and she immediately calmed down and started looking around. Now, even if she is screaming, I put her in it and she immediately stops.

It's like baby magic.

I wish this thing had worked for the first 9 weeks.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Yay! She finally loves her swing!

• Its so good that you tried again!  I'm so tempted to just get rid of things when she doesn't like them but I have to remember to be patient.  Ella has LOVED her swing from the beginning-its the one thing DH and I agreed we couldn't do without.  We have the FP Zen Swing.
  • We got our swing as a Christmas present and Eliza loves it! It's baby crack the way she calms down in it. We have the FP My Little Lamb one and she loves looking at herself in the mirror under the mobile, usually when we put her in it she's out in 5 minutes! What a life and sanity saver!
  • Loading the player...
  • Us too!  She screamed like crazy when we first put her in it.  I almost took it to the consignment shop to sell it.  We tried again a few weeks ago, and she LOVES it.  We even bought an extra one for upstairs - haha.
  • Yay!!  The same thing happened to us!!  We were out one day and FIL was watching DS, and on our way home we were talkiing about packing up our swing or giving it to a friend who just had a baby...so we walk in the door and DS was fast asleep in the swing!!  We were shocked...FIL said that he put him in there and 10 minutes later he was out cold...and he slept for 4 hours.  AMAZING!!!
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image?
  • Sounds like I need to revisit our swing!  DD hates it with a passion.  I was tempted to put it in the attic since it just takes up space.  Now I'm curious to try it out again!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest!
  • I just had the same experience!  LO has always loved the swing at MIL's house, but it's one of the big cradle swings with lights and a mobile and all.  We have a small apartment so we only have a small portable swing, and he never let me put him in there for more than 5 minutes.  I actually posted on my local meetup group to give it away...then all of a sudden this week he's happy in there for a half hour at a time!  Good thing no one took me up on my offer!
  • Oh you give me hope! We have just recenently been able to put DS in the swing for naps only and thats when the swing is off and DS is already asleep (so basically not using it as a swing at all!). I have been able to turn the swing on if he starts to stur and it lulls him back to sleep but we will keep at it!
  • Definitely keep at it ladies; maybe the tide will turn for your LO's too! haha
  • Yep, DD didn't like  it at first either and I was worried we spent all that money for nothing.  Now she likes looking up at the mobile and herself in the mirror. 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"