Working Moms
Options

Help with overnight travel and sleep accomodations...

We are taking LO's packnplay with us on vacation, but I just measured it and it's only one inch longer than LO. I don't think she's going to sleep in it, so I wanted to know what other sleep options there are. Sleep in big bed with one of us? Sleeping bags on the floor? I have no idea and I already want to just cancel the trip because I see all of us having some sleepless nights.

Re: Help with overnight travel and sleep accomodations...

• Options
    Does she usually sleep all stretched out?  Most kids sleep curled up, sideways and all over the crib.  Mine always did.  Do you have time to try her out in it for a night or two at home?  Do you have time to order anything online? There are some travel bed/tent things I've heard good things about.  (The PeaPod one specifically.)  Does she ever sleep in between you guys on the bed?  Would she do ok in a sleeping bag on the floor?  Try out the pack-n-play and see how she does.  I've seen plenty of big kids sleeping in there curled up and content.  If that doesn't work, look at travel beds if you want her contained or a sleeping bag on the floor if you think she'll do ok...  Kids are usually more flexible than you'd think.
  • Options
    Are you staying in a hotel? If so call and see if they have cribs available. If not I agree with PP try out the PnP at home for a few nights.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My DS used to sleep curled up along the short edge of the pack n play when we traveled, so length was definitely not an issue.  He has also slept between DH and me in a king size, or with just me in a double bed with his side against the wall.  I figure on vacation there is no reason why I can't nap with LO, if need be.
    DS born 8/8/09 and DD born 6/12/12.
  • Options

On our last vacation we were in a condo with no crib options but I found a local place that rented them. It was completely worth it.

We also have both of these items and DS has slept on both for camping trips and at relatives house now that he has outgrown the pack n play. He was used to cot because that is how he naps at daycare. Both travel really well.

https://www.amazon.com/Regalo-Cot-Portable-Royal-Blue/dp/B000H1MRJO

https://www.onestepahead.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=537824

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"