Pregnant after 35

Funny RP from TTC35 re: being old

Since we're all in the "over 35" category, I'm sure you all can appreciate this.  My BFF from HS sent it to me.  I nearly cried from laughing so hard!

When I was a kid, adults used to bore me to tears with their tedious diatribes about how hard things were. W hen they were growing up; what with walking twenty-five miles to school every morning ... uphill...

barefoot BOTH ways yadda, yadda, yadda.

And I remember promising myself that when I grew up, There was no way in hell I was going to lay a bunch of crap like that on kids about how hard I had it and how easy they've got it!

But now that I'm over the ripe old age of thirty, I can't help but look around and notice the youth of today.

You've got it so easy! I mean, compared to my childhood, you live in a Utopia!

And I hate to say it but you kids today - you don't know how good you've got it!

I mean, when I was a kid we didn't have the Internet. If we wanted to know something, we had to go to the library and look it up ourselves, in the card catalogue!!

There was no email!! We had to actually write some body a letter, with a pen! Then you had to walk all the way across the street and put it in the mailbox and it would take like a week to get there!

There were no MP3's or Napsters! If you wanted to steal music, you had to hitchhike to the record store and shoplift it yourself! Or you had to wait around all day to tape it off the radio and the DJs usually talked over the beginning and @#*&%# it all up!

We didn't have fancy crap like Call Waiting! If you were on the phone and somebody else called they got a busy signal; that's it!

And we didn't have fancy Caller ID either! When the phone rang, you had no idea who it was! It could be your school, your mom, your boss, your bookie, your drug dealer, a collections agent, you just didn't know!!! You had to pick it up and take your chances, mister!

We didn't have any fancy Sony Playstation video games with high- resolution 3-D graphics! We had the Atari 2600! with games Like 'Space Invaders' and 'Asteroids'. Your guy was a little square! You actually had to use your imagination!! And there were no multiple levels or screens; it was just one screen forever!

And you could never win. The game just kept getting harder and harder and faster and faster until you died! Just like LIFE!

You had to use a little book called a TV Guide to find out what was on! You were screwed when it came to channel surfing! You had to get off your butt and walk over to the TV to change the channel and there was no Cartoon Network either! You could only get cartoons on Saturday

morning. Do you hear what I'm saying!?! We had to wait ALL WEEK for cartoons, you spoiled little brats!

And we didn't have microwaves, if we wanted to heat something up we had to use the stove ... Imagine that!

That's exactly what I'm talking about!

You kids today have got it too easy. You're spoiled.

You guys wouldn't have lasted five minutes back in 1980!

Regards,

The over 30 Crowd

Katie, Duke Gardens, 6months

ry%3D400

Zach, Duke Gardens, 6months

ry%3D400

Photo courtesy from the amazing Ever You Photography!

Re: Funny RP from TTC35 re: being old

• I love this!!!!!!!!! I remember getting nervous when the phone rang because of lack of caller ID- hahaha so funny. Thanks for posting!
  • This is too funny.  I was thinking the other day about actually having to get up and switch channels.  LOL. 
    Suzanne
    Mama to Lewis Elijah-11/18/05
    and Evangeline Mae - 12/06/07
    and two angels 3/17/07 at 5w and 12/16/08 - 11w partial molar pregnancy with bonus chemo
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Best Kind to Have-blog
  • Loading the player...
  • OMG, I have gotten so spoiled over the years, I forgot about some of these! This was great!  Thank you for posting!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Ahhh joy! I just played 'Pole Position' and Ms. Pac Man the other day on a real arcade machine! Those were the days...
  • I love love love this!!!!! so funny and true!
    Live,Laugh and love image"image"image"imageLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • How sad am I that I still have my super old Atari hooked up and I play Space Invaders on a regular basis?

I laugh when my husband complains about his students emailing him their assignments at the last possible minute.  They email their assignments????  Whatever happened to turning them in, on paper, during class?  They also email him super lame excuses about why they won't be in class.  I just know that if they had to actually call him they would never do so because they know they would sound like idiots.  I am super jealous though of them writing their papers on computers.  I remember having to count out how many letters my title was so that I could figure out how to center it on a TYPEWRITER.  Remember typewriters and those crazy liquid paper correction strips?  Ugh.  Kids do have it much easier these days ;-)

Kelly, Mom to Christopher Shannon 9.27.06, Catherine Quinn 2.24.09, Trey Barton lost on 12.28.09, Therese Barton lost on 6.10.10, Joseph Sullivan 7.23.11, and our latest, Victoria Maren 11.15.12

Secondary infertility success with IVF, then two losses, one at 14 weeks and one at 10 weeks, then success with IUI and then just pure, crazy luck.  Expecting our fifth in May as the result of a FET.

This Cluttered Life

• This is quite funny.

Remember that dial thing that would control the antenna on the roof?  We would have to dial it to tune in each channel.

Kind of like having to dial a phone, not press it.

• Very funny! I can relate to it very well!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"