June 2011 Moms

LO's bedroom door~ clicky poll

Do you close LO's door when they're sleeping or leave it open?

[Poll]
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: LO's bedroom door~ clicky poll

• Closed. Otherwise our nosy pets will go in there and wake him up.
  • I leave mine and LOs open. We use to sleep with all the doors shut. When LO went into her own room I started sleeping with the doors open even though we have a monitor. It just makes me feel a little better.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • She still sleeps in our room since she's still nursing a couple times in the middle of the night. But our door is open. Wink
    forum
  • I've recently started closing her door.  The cat is nosy and can be noisy.  And DH is the same...when he's getting ready for work, she's already asleep and the bathroom is right next to her bedroom.  A lot less light gets in if the door is closed.  It just works better overall to have the door closed.
  • SS. Still in our room.
  • We leave it open for heating purposes.    We set up a heater in the hallway to keep both bedrooms warm.  His bedroom gets too cold if we close his door. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • SS - I close it when I put her down around 7:30pm, and open it when we check on her before going to bed around 11pm, leaving it open the rest of the night.
  • It's open at night when we sleep, and most naps, but sometimes if he is struggling to fall/stay asleep and there's activity going on I will close it.  His room is right at the top of the stairs which open to the living room, so sometimes the TV noise, vac, dumb dog barking, etc. carry. 
    ~ M/C April 28/10 @ 10w2d ~ ~ M/C Sept. 14/10 @ 5w ~ Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I always close it to keep the cats out. They wouldn't hurt her, but they sure would wake her up!
    photo image_zps90e45ea2.jpg
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Both of our doors are open. I want the air to circulate, plus we turn the sound off on the monitor, so I can hear her cry when the door is open. 
    Lilypie - (eo79)
     Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I chose closed, but really, we close the door between her room and the livingroom, but when we go to bed, we keep the door between her room and our room cracked.

It's a railroad apartment-- one room leads to another.

• Closed. The cat is noisy, and would likely end up in one of the cribs.

And Then There Were Three...
    Married: 08/14/10
    Baby #1 Born: 06/18/11
    June Moms Blog
  • imageKelXoXo:
    SS - I close it when I put her down around 7:30pm, and open it when we check on her before going to bed around 11pm, leaving it open the rest of the night.

Exactly this! 

• Closed only to keep the cat out and because her room is so close to ours, that the lights and TV from our room would wake her up.  We leave our door open.
  • Closed.  We sleep with all bedroom doors closed and always have.

It's mainly because of our pets getting up and wandering around in the middle of the night.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • It would be a nightmare getting her to go to sleep and stay asleep with her door open.  We don't go to bed when she does, so it would be too loud.  Plus, she does better when it's dark and she can't see us.  We just keep it shut.  We do, however, sleep with ours open.
  • All bedroom doors are closed at night because of noise and cat.
  • It's open, but only a few inches.  I put a stuffed animal between the door and the frame and the cats for some reason are too stupid to realize they can get in.... yet they can get in to anything else!
  • She's in our room so she doesn't have a door.  If we are also in there like at night the door is open so the cats can come in and out.  If she's napping or sleeping in and I'm already up and around, the door is closed.  The cats follow me so they don't want to get in the room if I'm not in there.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We have a baby gate in DS's door way. I can keep the door cracked that way, but the cats still can't get in. They wouldn't do anything but lay in the glider, but I want to keep his room as quiet and hair-free as I can.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Open, but I don't have much of a choice.our house is old, and none of the doors really close all the way.
  • I leave it open a little bit... not really sure why I do this but always have.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • SS--pulled almost closed, but not latched closed. 
  • I keep it closed because of the dogs, but I turn on the baby monitor. 
  • I voted closed, but I leave it cracked- cracked as in closed, but not clicked shut.  I like to go in and check on him before I go to bed and the door is pretty noisy.  

Lilypie - (JzKZ) Lilypie - (DgGJ)

• open over night but closed during naps and when she's in bed but we're still awake...she's a light sleeper like me...it doesn't take much noise to wake her up
  • imagePurdueMama14:
    Closed. Otherwise our nosy pets will go in there and wake him up.

Us too.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • I used to crack it after the boys fell asleep and put a baby gate across the doorway because my 2 year old likes to get out of bed and we'd find him downstairs sleeping on the couch.

Now that Max sleeps through the night I just close the door and leave it closed.

Anniversary

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Closed. She's like her mommy and is a light sleeper.
  • Closed. She goes to bed early and we are usually still up and roaming around-watching TV, doing laundry, and flicking lights off and on.
  • I close it so that he doesn't hear me doing laundry sometimes at night and the cat doesn't go in there because she loves sleeping on the changing table. Also it keeps his cries quieter if he wakes up so he doesn't wake DD.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • She sleeps with us in our bed.  At night, I close the door b/c we don't heat the entire house.  During the day, I close it b/c she is a light sleeper and gets woken up by me doing things downstairs.
  • I leave it ajar...almost closed.  Our bedroom door is shut.  I grew up with all the doors always being open in our house, so I always thought I'd do that as well.  However, I am a super light sleeper and if I left the door open (since our rooms share a wall), I'd wake up for every cough and hiccup.

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I close her door when i'm  awake but right before I go to bed I open her door.
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Closed, but not latched. He sleeps better in pitch black, it cuts down on the noise and we don't control the heat in our apt, so we need to open the window to cool his room.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    No one else will ever know the strength of my LOVE for you. After all, you're the only one who knows what my heart sounds like from the inside <3 <br> Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Married to the Milk Man
  • If we are playing video games we close it otherwise it stays open

image Daisypath Anniversary tickers magicalkingdoms.com Ticker
    Free Disney Tickers Met my soulmate 3/18/2006, married him 9/26/2009 Baby L 11/06 Natural M/C Baby L 2.0 9/08 Natural M/C Lily 6/2/11 6 lbs 12oz
  • imageJills83:
    We leave it open for heating purposes.    We set up a heater in the hallway to keep both bedrooms warm.  His bedroom gets too cold if we close his door. 

Ditto.  We don't have a hallway heater, but it's an old house and for some reason his room gets cold if the door is closed. 

• His room stays closed. We have a heater and a humidifier in there. (little to no insulation in his room). Keeping the door closed keeps heat in and the cat out.
    DSC_0213 

BabyFruit Ticker

• On the rare occasion that he is actually sleeping in his room and not in the bed with me, I leave his door open so I can hear him when he wakes up
  • SS- DS does not have a door to his nursery. Big mistake! If it had a door, I would definitely be shutting it because he is such a light sleeper. Instead we have to retreat to our bedroom every night after he goes to bed.
    married 09.06.08
    BFP #1 - m/c on 12.22.09 @ 8w3d
    BFP #2 - d&c on 07.22.10 @11w1d
    BFP #3 - DS born on 06.22.11 @41w3d!
    BFP #4 - Due 04.24.13
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"