High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

New to GD and ?s

Hi Ladies.  I'm new to GD but was already high risk (prior PTL/IC and a couple of other things).  My question is what questions are good to ask during your initial meeting with a diabetes counselor?  What should I expect from the 1st appt? I've got to post and run, but really appreciate any insight you ladies can offer. TIA.
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Re: New to GD and ?s

• Options
    My first appointment was very thorough, and I didn't really feel like there was anything I needed to ask.  Make sure you know what your carb allowance is for each meal and what your target numbers are when you check your blood sugar.  Also make sure to find out when and how they prefer you to report your numbers (I email mine in 3 times a week).  You can also ask for meal suggestions.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image image image
  • Options
    I'd add that you'll want to be clear as to when you test.  Some doctors want you to test 1-2 hours from when you start your meal and others (like mine) want you test from the end of the meal.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks ladies!  I've been reading about GD like crazy and appreciate the help.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"