December 2010 Moms
Options

DH is being a douchemobile...

He is hellbent on saying whatever hurtful and ridiculously rude things he can say to me, and it's really irritating and I feel sooooooooooo drained from trying to be happy all.the.time.

I've put a lot of time into cleaning up our house the past few days because a realtor is coming over tonight (since it's Wednesday now) to give us an estimate on our house, and I've even done his laundry (3 loads), though it was his idea for us to even separate our laundry so we each did our own. I load/run/unload the dishwasher every single day. I make every meal in the house and let him take the leftovers to work with him, causing me more work during the day so L and I can eat. I am the only one who ever cleans the bathrooms, does L's laundry, and I never get to just sit around and watch TV.

Tonight is trash night and I asked DH to put the 2 week old cake that's in our fridge in the trash, and to throw out the leftovers from NEW YEAR'S DAY that he wanted sooooooooo badly, too. I get home from work and he is laying on the couch watching a movie... then he said a douchey thing to me and went to bed. So at 11:30 PM, after I'd tried to go to bed and couldn't get his douchiness out of my head, I got up, did the dishwasher, folded his last load of laundry, emptied out the leftovers from the fridge, took the trash, and am now rewarding myself with a Castle rerun and bumping.

I know he makes about 95% of our money, but I do 95% of the work around here, and I am tired of feeling so underappreciated.

Anywho... sorry for venting... I know it could be worse, but I'm so sick of his stupid comments and him getting so pissed off for no reason.

ETA: Your prize for reading this.image

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: DH is being a douchemobile...

• Options
    Wow...that is douchebaggery for sure. I am so sorry you have to deal with that. I think it is time for a serious come to Jesus talk. You are a stay at home MOM, not a stay at home MAID! He needs to step the F up! HUGS.
    photo 203b9128-895f-464c-a378-ff73eaf8c1ce_zps4de57ab1.jpg
    Xander, Hayden & Lily 5 1/2 and Jericho 3 My Blog!
  • Options
    Very douchey indeed.  I got exhausted just reading about all the house chores you did/do!  I totally think you and DH need to sit down and talk it out.  And theres no excuse for him to make extra dumb comments.  Sorry you're dealing with this too:(
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Sounds like you might be on your way to striking!  I remember reading an article about some wives that went on strike because their DHs were being douchey and unappreciative, and I looooove the concept.  Your DH might come to appreciate all you do once he has no clean underwear nor lunches or homecooked dinners.  I don't know if I could pull it off myself, but it's something to fantasize about anyway.  Smile

• Options
    Must have been something in the air last night, DH was exceptionally douchebaggy too.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

He owes you an apology. I don't care how much cash you bring in to the household when you are part of a family you treat each other with respect which includes apologies when you say something hurtful and showing appreciation for other people's contributions to keeping the family going.

I agree with Mands, Castle and bumping aren't a good enough reward. I think your H needs to be putting dinner on the table tonight. If he can't cook it he can bring it home.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers        Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Oct Angel*BFP 1/25/14 * EDD 10/6/14 * US#1 2/26/14 *US#2 3/3/14 no heartbeat*d&c 3/12/14*

BFP 1/17/15 * EDD 9/30/15

• Options

Yeah, that's not cool.  You cook, he should do the dishes.  If you do the laundry, he should put it away.  As for the rest, you need to split things up fairly.  You are being taken advantage of, and that is not OK. 

Make sure you stand your ground on him stepping up.  If he's on the couch already, INSIST that he take the 5-10 minutes to do his chores.  Stand in front of the TV if that is what it takes.

Also, the next time he says something that rude, tell him calmly that you will NOT accept the manner in which he is speaking to you, and that you deserve and demand more respect in your own house.  End of story.   

• Options
    imagesofamonkey:

Yeah, that's not cool.  You cook, he should do the dishes.  If you do the laundry, he should put it away.  As for the rest, you need to split things up fairly.  You are being taken advantage of, and that is not OK. 

Make sure you stand your ground on him stepping up.  If he's on the couch already, INSIST that he take the 5-10 minutes to do his chores.  Stand in front of the TV if that is what it takes.

Also, the next time he says something that rude, tell him calmly that you will NOT accept the manner in which he is speaking to you, and that you deserve and demand more respect in your own house.  End of story.   

Well said.  You are taking care of L during the day, you shouldn't be expected to be your H's maid too.  I would sit down and have a talk with him or just leave his laundry piled up and let him do it himself.

• Options
    You are waaaaay nicer then me. I will just pile the trash on to of the can till it piles up or just leave all the dishes in the sink till he does them. And Laundry I make sure he has no clean underwear if he can put his laundry in the basket that is a foot from were he throws it. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest

Dx MTHFR (C677T & A1298C, Compound Heterozygous)

• Options

That $hit wouldn't fly in my house...especially the name calling. I'd straighten his a$$ out asap!

You're too nice. If DH treated me like that (which he wouldn't 'cause he'd be divorced), I'd stop doing his laundry, making him dinner or anything that pertained to him. He'll learn real fast what it is like to do his own things. Definitely douchebaggery!

As for being a SAHM...I know it's super hard (I do it) and it helps when you have an extra hand. Maybe it would help if you both had a list of things you are in charge of? DH's job is to take care of all the garbage in the house and taking care of the cat box. I don't ask much because he works a lot of OT. But, when I do ask for something extra, he doesn't give me a hard time 'cause he knows I really need the help. Definitely sit him down and talk to him. Hopefully, it will sink in. Good luck!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagestephy1221:

He owes you an apology. I don't care how much cash you bring in to the household when you are part of a family you treat each other with respect which includes apologies when you say something hurtful and showing appreciation for other people's contributions to keeping the family going.

I agree with Mands, Castle and bumping aren't a good enough reward. I think your H needs to be putting dinner on the table tonight. If he can't cook it he can bring it home.

I think you guys need to have a talk about expectations.

photo 8653f130-7264-42f4-8d67-9a73d64cacce_zps8c973e49.jpg

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP #1 4/14/10. Big B born 12/28/10.

BFP #2 5/27/12. EDD 2/1/13. m/c and D&C 6/21/12.
  • Options

I agree with PP. You need to have a come to Jesus meeting and explain to him that as much as you try to be you are NOT superwoman and you DO need his help and you DON'T appreciate the comments that he is making.

It really helps to have a list of things that need to be done and who needs to do them. Once he does his "chore" then he can cross it off the list for that week. Men just don't see the massive pile of clothes and dishes like women do.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Married my best friend 01/01/09

BFP#1 05/06/10. Jarebear born 12/29/10.

BFP#2 06/22/12 (DH's birthday). EDD 02/23/13. M/C and D&C 08/09/12

BFP#3 02/04/13. Alaina Beth born 10/09/13.
  • Options

UGH, I'm so sorry your H is being a pain in the @$$.  I unfortunately know what you mean - it drives me bananas. 

I'm not sure what I'd do if we were also trying to sell our house!

You should try talking to him.  Yes, he works - in my situation, I also work so it doesn't help much.  Just because you SAH doesn't mean, in any way that he can take advantage and be a douche!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers We're Finally Three

2012 Reading Challenge

2012 Reading Challenge
    Cassie has read 1 books toward her goal of 50 books.
    hide
  • Options
    I know that you've posted something like this on here before so apparently whatever you are doing in your realationship isn't working.  It's always been my experience that realationships are 99% communication and if your H's idea of communication is being snippy and verbally abusive then I can see no way for your realationship to improve.  You need to stop pretending to be happy and communicate what/how you feel.  Get counseling if you need to.  And stop doing his laundry if he told you to sort it seperately, your his wife no his mom.
    image  image
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • Options
    Wow.  That is insanely shitty!  How in the world do you put up with that?  I was actually waiting for your story to end, "And then I packed a bag for myself and LO and we're spending a week at a hotel."  JHC, lift up your skirt, grab your balls, and give your H a talking to. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"