Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Lets talk Bras...

I hate bra shopping! It is so frustrating to me. I don't know why that people that make bras think that ladies with larger chests want old lady looking bras. I am a 36DD and I have always had problems finding a good bra. I have recently gained a little weight and I think I might need to go up a size too. Embarrassed The only bra that I found in the past that worked good was Victoria Secret's Ipex demi. They discontinued it and then brought it back, but now it is made different and doesn't fit the same. I am wondering what you ladies that are a DD or larger wear? TIA!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Lets talk Bras...

• Options
    I wear a difficult-to-fit size bra as well, a 32DD. The only luck I've ever found are ridiculously expensive ones from Nordstrom. The brand that has fit me the best is Le Mystere(spelling?). Although I've never found a bra that completely supports me, this has been the closest thing to it. Good luck, I'd love for you to share once you've found your "perfect" bra!
    *TW, Child and loss mentioned*

Me: 28, DH: 28
    Married February 2011
    DS born October 2012
    TTC #2 since April 2014
    BFP February 2015, ectopic/ruptured, right tube removed
    RE consult January 2016
    Secondary infertility, Severe MFI(double varicocele, low count, 0% morph)
    IUI- March 2016, BFN
    IVF #1- July/Aug 2016(Antagonist protocol), 30 eggs retrieved, 21 mature,
            17 fertilized via ICSI, but 0 made it to blast
    IVF #2 in January/February 2017(Long lupron protocol)

• Options

I'm in the same boat as you.  Try Cacique.  It's tied to Lane Bryant so it has bras for a larger chest.  Their sizes range from 36C and up.  Most of their bras don't look or feel like old lady icky bras.  I like the plunge bra.

imageimage
    Me: 33     DH: 38
    TTC since August 2011
    DX:  PCOS and subseptate uterus
    August 2013:  Clomid + Trigger + IUI TI = BFN
    September 2013:  Clomid + Trigger + TI = BFN
    October 2013:  Clomid + Trigger + IUI canceled
    November 2013:  NTNP
    April 2013:  Femara + Trigger + IUI = ???
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I avoid VS with my 36DD. I love all things Nordstrom when it comes to my bras. Expensive but worth it!
  • Options
    I also hate bra shopping, I usually just find one and stick with it as long as possible.  I wear a 34DD which is also tricky to find but like the Olga Christina brand.  It has some stretch which I like.  I have found them at Kohls and Macy's and try to get them on sale and they are not toooo expensive. 
                        imageimage

image  imageimage
                      imageimage

TTC #1 since November 2011
    Dx: Unexplained Infertility, probable endometriosis
    Feb-April 2013: Femara + TI: BFN
    May - September 2013:  Follistim + Ovidrel + IUI#1-4 = BFN
    IVF # 1 November 2013: transferred 1 perfect blast = BFN
    IVF # 2 April 2014: Endo scrape, transferred 2 blasts = BFP!! (first ever!), CP
    FET #1 June 2014: transferred 2 blasts = BFFN
    New Dx: Repeat Implantation Failure
     IVF # 3 November 2014 = BFP!!  Beta #1 9dp5t 272  Beta # 2 11dp5dt 626
    It's Twins! 
    *everyone welcome*
  • Options
    Thanks ladies! I will check both of those out. Unfortunately, I live about 2 hours from the closest 'real' mall so I will have to shop online. I will post if I find something 'perfect'. I hope I can...its pretty impossible! I feel like I have shopped everywhere! I will take any suggestions at this point!
  • Options
    imagemmb248:

I'm in the same boat as you.  Try Cacique.  It's tied to Lane Bryant so it has bras for a larger chest.  Their sizes range from 36C and up.  Most of their bras don't look or feel like old lady icky bras.  I like the plunge bra.

Agreed, I wear a 36 DDD (or F) and most of the Cacique feel comfortable and have sexy flares. Although I admit to not caring what my bra looks like as long as it is comfortable. I can't stand diggy sides and underwire poking me!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    2002 Lap. surgery Stage 3 Endo
    Amenorrhea/Anovulation since 2009
    3/2012 HSG left dialated/Hydrosalpinx, right tube blocked
    3/2012 SA - Normal! Go little swimmers!
    Lap. surgery 6/13/12 stage 4 Endo Cleared tubes, removed cysts and adhesions.
    Repeat HSG, right tube blocked/left hydro. PCOS, and Endometrial hyperplasia.
    Moving forward with purchasing a home, then maybe IVF/ adoption/embryo adoption/ or child free.
  • Options
    I never go to VS. I am 34DD and found this one to be super comfortable
    party-fails-crunk-critters-catnips-a-hell-of-a-drug GBCB- Leaving the bump in protest of the new changes. No privacy= no bump for me.
  • Options
    I'm a 36DD and Soma bras and leaps and bounds above VS!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
  • Options

I have been on google shopping already! Thanks so much for all of your suggestions. Maybe I should go on a shopping spree and buy one of each! Shopping for bras should not be so hard! I am glad I am not alone in having a hard time finding bras!

• Options
    I feel your pain, I'm a 42 J.  I highly recommend www.biggerbras.com.  That's where I get all of mine.  Regular stores just aren't equipped for women with big boobs.  I have several pretty and sexy, but supportive ones that I've purchased through the site.  They have excellent customer service and return policies and a great tutorial on measuring yourself to get the right size. 
    Me 41  DH 33  Married 09/03/2011
    DD1  EDD 08/18/01, born 08/03/2001 ~ 9lbs 10oz, 21.5 in
    DS1  EDD 4/30/2004, born 05/04/2004 ~ 10lbs, 22 in
    mc 02/14/12 @ 5 weeks
    DD2  EDD 12/25/12, born 12/30/12 ~ 10lbs 11oz, 21.25 in
    mc 12/05/15 @ 12 weeks
    Cautiously expecting 12/02/16

• Options
    imagemmb248:

I second the Cacique bras. I'm a 42 DD and I have a hell of a time finding any bras in department stores that fit me. I have 6 Cacique bras and they fit pretty well.

The only complaint I have about them is that you really need to make sure you either a.) hand wash them or b.) wash them in the machine on a delicate cycle in a lingerie bag. The wires tend to break pretty easily if you stick them through a normal laundry cycle.  

• Options
    imageJustWonderin805:
    imagemmb248:

I second the Cacique bras. I'm a 42 DD and I have a hell of a time finding any bras in department stores that fit me. I have 6 Cacique bras and they fit pretty well.

The only complaint I have about them is that you really need to make sure you either a.) hand wash them or b.) wash them in the machine on a delicate cycle in a lingerie bag. The wires tend to break pretty easily if you stick them through a normal laundry cycle.  

I second the lingerie bag on delicate.

imageimage
    Me: 33     DH: 38
    TTC since August 2011
    DX:  PCOS and subseptate uterus
    August 2013:  Clomid + Trigger + IUI TI = BFN
    September 2013:  Clomid + Trigger + TI = BFN
    October 2013:  Clomid + Trigger + IUI canceled
    November 2013:  NTNP
    April 2013:  Femara + Trigger + IUI = ???
  • Options
    Ok I have another question for you ladies...If I am a 36DD and need to up a size what is the next size up? do you think 38DD or a DDD or something else? I think this is part of my problem...ugh!
  • Options
    imagemmb248:
    imageJustWonderin805:
    imagemmb248:

I second the lingerie bag on delicate.

Thanks! :) Good to know! The VS bras always said to hand wash too, but they were fine in a regular wash...I always air dried them though. I probably would have tried the same thing with these!

• Options

imagefuturemamabird:
    I'm a 36DD and Soma bras and leaps and bounds above VS!

Is there a Soma one that you like best? I was on the website and I am not sure where I should start! lol!

• Options
    I *think* regarding sizing, you would be a 38D if you were going to size up. I would definitely go get measured to make sure, though. 
  • Options

::pokes in::

::Looks down at 36B chest:: Huh. And I thought I was doing not too bad in the chest size department. Where do you girls get your boobs?!

::pokes out::

• Options

imageash2664:
    Ok I have another question for you ladies...If I am a 36DD and need to up a size what is the next size up? do you think 38DD or a DDD or something else? I think this is part of my problem...ugh!

Is the reason you need to go up a size because you feel like your rib cage area got bigger or because your boobs got bigger? If the 36 feels too tight in the band, I would go up to a 38. But, if the band feels good but you feel like the cups are too small, I'd go to a 36DDD. I've been told that the right size band is the most important part of a supportive bra. I'd definitely go get sized if possible, or order a couple sizes online as long as you are able to return the ones that don't fit. I was buying 34C's for the longest time, but it just never felt right. I finally went to Nordstrom and got properly fitted, and found out I was a 32DD all along...who would of thought?! It made a world of difference. 

Married February 2011
    DS born October 2012
    TTC #2 since April 2014
    RE consult January 2016
    IUI- March 2016, BFN

• Options
    imageOneHotMama89:

::Looks down at 36B chest:: Huh. And I thought I was doing not too bad in the chest size department. Where do you girls get your boobs?!

I unfortunately inherited them from my mom...I've always hated them though. I actually begged my parents for a breast reduction when I was like 17. I was a C by the time I was 14 and a D by the time I graduated high school. I'd kill for smaller chest. My whole life, I've had trouble fitting in to clothes, I've always had to wear 2 sports bras while working out, and now I have to spend $70 on a bra in order for it fit properly...sigh... 

Married February 2011
    DS born October 2012
    TTC #2 since April 2014
    RE consult January 2016
    IUI- March 2016, BFN

• Options
    imageOneHotMama89:

I did the EXACT same thing! I'm also in the B club
  • Options
    Ugh. I am 32G and buy all mine at www.barenecessities.com. Such. A. Drag.
  • Options

I have found some luck at Avenue and Cacique. I'm between a 38DD and the next bigger size with one boob about a half cup size bigger than the other due to a benign fibrous cyst.

Me: 25
    Dx PCOS (June 2006, re-confirmed March 2012), Anemia (May 2010-Still fighting to correct it), Fibromyalgia (May 2011)
    Initial b/w - normal
    HSG (March 2012) revealed right tube open and looking great. Left tube deformed with hydrosalpinx.
    Lap (April 2012) Removal of left fallopian tube. Right tube open and viable, but "rather enlarged." NO evidence of endometriosis...Uterus looks beautiful and "very capable" of carrying a pregnancy!
    October 2012 - Clomid 50mg + trigger + IUI = BFN
    With all factors taken into account, RE is recommending IVF. Planning on moving forward with treatment as a single woman using DS by Summer 2013.
    After 17 months of trying, Surprise BFP #1 2.15.2008 | EDD 8.7.2008 | Lost 2.16.2008
    After 2 more years of trying, Surprise BFP #2 1.29.2012 | EDD 9.11.2012 | Lost 1.29.2012
    Surprise BFP #3 3.27.2012 | EDD 12/2/2012 | Lost 4.1.2012
    imageimage
    someecards.com - Get a colonic?!? Some older lady said that's what she did to cure her infertility...Who knew a fancy enema and a sparkling clean ass would cure my infertility.
    My Blog Pinterest
  • Options
    I'm a 32DD and love love love these cotton Calvin Klein bras at Macy's but can't remember the style number. I also wear some 34C bras from VS but I know they really aren't very good quality anymore so I'm phasing them out. 
    image  image
    О Привязать! Z!
    The Science Babies debuted 5/6/14 @ 34 weeks
  • Options
    I have the same problems.  I wear a 34DD and have to be very careful.  I love the VS bras, but have to go to the store to get them.  When they send them on-line it seems they are smaller and fit very tight.  One time they sent me the incorrect bra with a ton of padding so my boobs were right under my chin!  I usually go with the Angel's Demi no padding.  It's very sexy looking and they have lots of cute ones.  Check it out.  They come in DD, which some of their bras do not.  Hope this helps!
    <BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I'm a 34DD and have had good luck with the Victoria's Secret Very Sexy Push Up bras.

The only thing I'd recommend (once you figure out if they work for you) is ordering them online, because the selection in the stores is usually pretty slim for the bigger sizes, and it's really hard to find the cute patterns in store.

Hope that helps! 

Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Maternity tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"