Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

How did your clothes fit after the hospital?

Obviously everybody is going to be different on this but as a FTM I have no frame of reference at all. I know you inevitably leave the hospital a little lighter than when you went in. So I'm wondering if people can share their stories on when their maternity clothes started being too big for them?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: How did your clothes fit after the hospital?

• Options
    I was in my regular clothes a few days after delivery - but I wore sweats and pjs for 2 weeks anyway.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Personally, I wanted nothing to do with maternity clothes right after giving birth.  They would have probably fit me reasonably well for about a week, but I chose to wear sweats instead.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I was back in my regular jeans again a week or so PP.

imageimageimage
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Breastfeeding and pregnant!
  • Options
    I also did the sweats, yoga and PJ pants for the 1st 2 weeks after delivery, but more so because they were more comfortable on my C-Section incision then denim was.
    "If every word I said, could make you laugh - I'd talk forever".
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

I wore yoga and maternity pants on a day to day basis for a couple weeks, but I could fit (slightly uncomfortably) into my skinny jeans within about two weeks. My entire body shape changed though, and I ended up getting another pair of looser jeans once I got tired of the sweats.

Keep in mind I'd only gained like 20lbs total for the entire pregnancy, and was back at my pre preg weight within a few weeks....but I definitely did not look the same.

• Options
    I was lucky and shrunk right back down, but I wore a sundress home from the hospital (because it was like 100 degrees out haha) and yoga pants/gouchos and tank tops for the first 2 weeks after I gave birth to be comfortable. I don't think i actually wore maternity clothes at all afterward. At my childbirth classes they said to bring clothes you would wear when you were 20 weeks pregnant to wear home from the hospital, so there is a little reference if you need it! Good luck.

"For this child I prayed, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of Him." x 2

• Options
    I only wore stretchy clothes for the first few weeks like yoga pants lol. Now at 8 weeks pp I weigh less then I did prepregnsncy but none of my pants fit, my body just changed shape. Skin is just a lot looser
  • Options

I'm 12 weeks PP, and I'm still not in my regular clothes!

Well, my tops fit, but my pants are a write-off. I'm living in sweatpants/yogapants still, and I'm down almost 25 pounds. My body is just a totally different shape now... :/

Graphics Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I wore yoga pants home from the hospital and sweats for two days after, but I've been able to wear my prepregnancy clothes since then.
  • Options
    Fortunately for me, I didn't purchase much pregnancy clothing aside from a few pairs of pants. I lived in tunics, oversized sweater, and tights. I am 6 weeks pp and haven't even tried to get into my regular jeans though I lost most of my baby weight. I live in yoga pants, loungy clothing, and pj's for now. Sexy, I know.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I was in my pre-pregnancy jeans and pretty much all of my clothes 4 days after delivery. I didn't gain a whole bunch of weight and ended up 10 pounds under my pre-pregnancy weight. That's not always the case, of course. And I still usually just wear sweats or pajamas since I'm a SAHM.
    Fastest year of my life. Lilypie First Birthday tickerswww.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker
    imageimageimage
  • Options

I gained 50 pounds, I'm 8.5 weeks pp, and I am still not in my pre-pregnancy pants.  Tops are fine except for the belly I still have so I don't wear most of them.  I don't put on real clothes unless I'm going somewhere (and even then, I'll run to Target or the grocery store in yoga pants/sweats.

I recently bought one pair of jeans that fit me right now while I work at getting back into my other pants

AVT - 12.2.11

LCT - 5.15.14 ~ 9lbs, 22.5 inches

• Options
    I haven't worn maternity clothes since I was pregnant.  I mostly wear yoga pants right now just because it's easy and comfy.  I've lost all my pregnancy weight and an additional 5 lbs and my old clothes fit but they sure don't look good.
  • Options
    I wore regular jeans a week after coming home. I didn't fit into my skinny jeans until about 8-10 weeks, comfortably. I'm 12 weeks post pregnancy and have lost all the weight, but like other posters have said, things aren't the same. It will take a while for things to get back to the way they were.
  • Options
    imageBryannaBorgia:

Well, my tops fit, but my pants are a write-off. I'm living in sweatpants/yogapants still, and I'm down almost 25 pounds. My body is just a totally different shape now... :/

I'm so glad that you posted this because I am the same way!  I was reading other people's posts and starting to feel awful about myself.  I gained 40 pounds when pregnant and I still have 15 left to lose.  I have one pair of jeans that fit, but they aren't comfortable and I feel so ugly in them.  I'm still wearing velour pants and hoodies.  My body is a totally different shape - my hips are still wide.  I'm giving myself 2 more weeks and if I still don't fit comfortably in my pants then I'm buying at least one new pair because I'm sick of feeling ugly!

• Options
    imageaimalama:
    imageBryannaBorgia:

I'm so glad that you posted this because I am the same way!  I was reading other people's posts and starting to feel awful about myself.  I gained 40 pounds when pregnant and I still have 15 left to lose.  I have one pair of jeans that fit, but they aren't comfortable and I feel so ugly in them.  I'm still wearing velour pants and hoodies.  My body is a totally different shape - my hips are still wide.  I'm giving myself 2 more weeks and if I still don't fit comfortably in my pants then I'm buying at least one new pair because I'm sick of feeling ugly!

me too! who are these other women? and i was skinny before #2 and in decent shape but LO is 12 weeks today and i'm still wearing yoga pants and sweats. my pre-pg "fat jeans" technically fit but i avoid them due to the muffin top effect. 15 lbs and a lot of toning to go! i was 130 before, gained 40 and think i'm around 145 now. ugh. oh and i'm nursing, which burns 500 cals/day. with #1 it took 6 months without diet/exercise so trying to be patient since its #2

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    imageBryannaBorgia:

This is me at 8 weeks PP. I'm jealous of all of these other ladies that haven't had to wear their mat clothes. I gained about 50 pounds with the pregnancy and have lost 25 already. The difficulty is the fit of things. I tried to shop for larger size jeans/pants but have had a hard time since most of my weight is in my butt/hips/tummy- just a totally different shape than I was.  I'm still on a search for another pair of jeans to get me through until I can drop some of the weight...UGH

BFP #1- 4/2011; DD Brynn born 12/2011

BFP #2- 7/13; EDD- 4/2/14; Lost DS at 20 weeks (11/16/13) due to cord accident

BFP #3- 3/14; EDD- 11/28/14; Lost DD at 15 weeks (6/7/14)- cause unknown

To my angels- I held you every second of your lives and I'll love you every second of mine.

• Options
    Leaving the hospital after both of my children I'd say I was about the same size as I had been at 5 months.  Demi panel pants or sweatpants and a loose shirt or a maternity top (not a "tent", just one that allows for some front pudge).  I'm small (100 lbs pre-pregnancy at 5'2") and still have 14 lbs to go - I can still wear my maternity clothes without trouble, although these days I prefer sweats and yoga pants...but being that almost all of my non-maternity tops are fitted I'm still wearing mostly maternity tops or a regular top with a zip-up hoodie.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options

imagereederah:
    I was lucky and shrunk right back down, but I wore a sundress home from the hospital (because it was like 100 degrees out haha) and yoga pants/gouchos and tank tops for the first 2 weeks after I gave birth to be comfortable. I don't think i actually wore maternity clothes at all afterward. At my childbirth classes they said to bring clothes you would wear when you were 20 weeks pregnant to wear home from the hospital, so there is a little reference if you need it! Good luck.

The 20 week thing is exactly the kinda thing I wanted to know. And for me I stll have 5 wks to go and ive already gained a lot so it'd probably be more like 30 wks for me! Thanks! 

• Options
    And to those who shared that they gained 40-50lbs THANK YOU for sharing that! I'm already up 45lbs so this helps gives me a frame of reference as to what I can expect later. Geez pregnancy is just looooads of fun isn't it! Lol

• Options
    I wore my maternity clothes home and for a few weeks after.  I had a c-section and gained 5lbs while in the hospital from the fluids they gave me.  I am 10weeks PP now and fit into all my pants except my jeans.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Um, sadly not yet.  I gained most of my weight in my butt and thighs, so that's been a lot harder to lose.  For the first 2 weeks after baby was born, I still pretty much looked and felt pregnant.  I was in sweats and my full-panel pants for a month.  But my tummy is starting to go down and now I could probably fit into 1 size bigger than my normal size.  I hope that I'll be able to fit into my "fat" pants in the next 3 weeks when I go back to work.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options

If you are induced (and/or have pre-e) it is possible to leave the hospital weighing the same as when you went in due to fluid retention.  This happened to me with my first and it was extremely disheartening.  I lost about 30 lbs within 2 weeks and after several months was 10 lbs less than pre-preg.

This time, I was not induced and did not develop pre-e and gained less.  I am a few lbs away from pre-preg weight but have tons of loose skin in my belly. I was all belly this time. I could wear most of my pre-preg clothes at about 4 weeks pp.  I'm hoping to lose the rest of the weight and then some more in the next month or two.  I think the skin issue is here to stay, but I think it will improve over the next year (it did with my first, but this time it is worse).

I wore yoga or loose, stretchy clothes home from the hospital.  I did not want to be seen in public for a couple of weeks because of the belly pooch and I bf, so I was pretty much tied to the couch anyway.

• Options
    imageLizzieTim:
    imageaimalama:
    imageBryannaBorgia:

me too! who are these other women? and i was skinny before #2 and in decent shape but LO is 12 weeks today and i'm still wearing yoga pants and sweats. my pre-pg "fat jeans" technically fit but i avoid them due to the muffin top effect. 15 lbs and a lot of toning to go! i was 130 before, gained 40 and think i'm around 145 now. ugh. oh and i'm nursing, which burns 500 cals/day. with #1 it took 6 months without diet/exercise so trying to be patient since its #2

My son is 4.5 months and I'm not even close to fitting into my old jeans! I didn't start really trying to lose weight until 3 weeks ago, and I've lost 9lbs...but I still have 18lbs to go to get to my pre-pregnancy weight.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"